Let's be serious about Paleo

Options
12346»

Replies

• pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great post.

The pseudo science linked to the paleo lifestyle really grates my skeptic nerve and I find it impossible to trust their advice because they science is so poor.

It's really nice to see people studying the true reason paleo works, which is much more interesting and helpful
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    "...There are other factors to consider for insulin resistance. Studies have shown that any hypocaloric diet will be effective for blood sugar, but low carb is more effective than low fat... "

We are agreed. :smile:
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    bump
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You seem to be on a mission.
    Trying to explain why the diet works so people will understand the effectiveness rather than using the argument of reverting back to the stone age.

The original basis is wrong

Who the f cares? If it works for folks, and people want to try it. Let em.

I care because these people often feel the need to tell everyone why their diet is the way everyone is "supposed" to eat.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    bump for debate/questions
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You seem to be on a mission.
    Trying to explain why the diet works so people will understand the effectiveness rather than using the argument of reverting back to the stone age.

The original basis is wrong

THIS.

Thanks for the original post by the way. Similar mindsets.

I went paleo in the no wheats breads or grains for a month - it was hard. I found I liked being low carb... now I just shoot for 40/40/20 and if I have a half a breadstick at olive garden- or rice with my sushi- I'm okay with it.

I have enjoyed the journey to learning what I need to feel FULL- and what I need to FUNCTION. And learning I have room in my diet for ice cream every night if I want it- I just cant' use it to fuel my body for certain things. It's definitely about learning WHY something works and why it works for you. Some people are too much about that causation - all cats where black hats just because they saw one do it at halloween once ten years ago. sigh. oh well.

Great post though.