Options
124»

Replies

• 42carrots
    42carrots Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    NaurielR wrote: »
    42carrots wrote: »
    Does anyone use pea protein? If so can you make any recommendations for a good brand? I want to make vegan savoury protein bars and found a recipe using pea protein powder, but I don't really dabble in protein powders of any kind usually so I'm not sure what to look for. I did try to buy a vegetarian vanilla flavoured one once, but it was sickly artificially sweet tasting, so I couldn't really palate it My understanding is that some are grittier than others, brands to try (or to avoid) would be much appreciated, or if anyone has other vegetarian or vegan suggestions, that'd be great too.

I like plain "Now Sports" brand of pea protein. It's the only pea protein that I've ever used, but it is not at all gritty. in fact part of the reason I like it is because it is so smooth. The taste of it is great as well. It's definitely savory and reminds me of chicken pot pie filling. If you're going to make a savory bar, I definitely recommend it (and please give me the recipe you're using. I would like to try it)

Thank you!
    This is the recipe I plan on using - http://powerhungry.com/2013/04/savory-power-bars/
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    42carrots wrote: »
    Does anyone use pea protein? If so can you make any recommendations for a good brand? I want to make vegan savoury protein bars and found a recipe using pea protein powder, but I don't really dabble in protein powders of any kind usually so I'm not sure what to look for. I did try to buy a vegetarian vanilla flavoured one once, but it was sickly artificially sweet tasting, so I couldn't really palate it My understanding is that some are grittier than others, brands to try (or to avoid) would be much appreciated, or if anyone has other vegetarian or vegan suggestions, that'd be great too.
    I like MRM Veggie Protein Vanilla. The protein comes from Pea, Rice and Hemp. It also has Flax and Chia Seeds. It is sweetened with Xylitol and Stevia, but no sugar. It also has a blend of fruit and veggie extracts.