Is A Physically Demanding Job Sufficient?

Options
SkinnyCandii
SkinnyCandii Posts: 46
edited December 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I am a 20 year old female, weighing 130 lbs. My goal weight is 115 lbs.
I recently started a job cleaning apartments, I find I am very exhausted after work and I don't have time for working out, anymore.
I was wondering if this could be sufficient physical activity to reach my goal weight.
Thoughts?

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It IS, if you base your calories burned on here right and you watch your calories. It IS hard work, I have done it. You just have to be spot on with food
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a deficit?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, you don't look like you need to lose weight. I think you might be better off focusing on a recomp than a scale weight.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It mostly was enough for me at age 20. Not so much by age 30. Not at all. And by then it was hard to get into the exercise habit.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Looks like you may well be in a healthy weight range already and may need to focus on reducing body fat % / increase lean body mass rather than overall weight loss.
  • cartr1dge
    cartr1dge Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    what i look like now is from weight training. but i cut calories and did real manual labor and lost 30lbs a couple years back (230->200) in like 4 months
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    Medilia wrote: »
    Are you eating at a deficit?
    It's hard to say, seeing as I don't really know how many calories I'm burning.

• SkinnyCandii
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I'm going to be honest, you don't look like you need to lose weight. I think you might be better off focusing on a recomp than a scale weight.

Recomp?
    I really eant to lose my thighs, and my gut. I am also self-conscious about my boobs, and I hope they decrease at 115 lbs.
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    It mostly was enough for me at age 20. Not so much by age 30. Not at all. And by then it was hard to get into the exercise habit.

Hmm, that is probably beacuse our metabolisms decrease as we age.
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    How tall are you? Looks like you may well be in a healthy weight range already and may need to focus on reducing body fat % / increase lean body mass rather than overall weight loss.

I'm 5'5, last i checked. I just want to lose my prego-tummy, thighs, and possibly some of my boobs.
  • cartr1dge
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

Recomp?
    I really eant to lose my thighs, and my gut. I am also self-conscious about my boobs, and I hope they decrease at 115 lbs.
    actually im with kgeyser. you don't look like you need to lose that much mass. but i think gaining some lbm would do you a greater favor than losing weight.
    recomp and some weight training would be ideal... but do as you will.
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    cartr1dge wrote: »
    what i look like now is from weight training. but i cut calories and did real manual labor and lost 30lbs a couple years back (230->200) in like 4 months

30 lbs in 4 months? That would be awesome!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have never weighed as little as that but from my own experience...your body shape is your body shape. It can be smaller or bigger or you can build muscle. But your boobs are your boobs, maybe smaller. Your thighs are your thighs, maybe smaller, or not.
  • cartr1dge
    Options

you're too focused on weight. i gained lbm too. girls should want some muscle too. you won't get bulky. you'll just get sexier. these are facts.
    start going to the gym. you don't look bad. drop 5-10lbs and tone up. shouldn't take more than 2-3 months for you to look pretty *kitten* awesome.
    good luck.
  • SkinnyCandii
    SkinnyCandii Posts: 46
    edited December 2014
    Options

you're too focused on weight. i gained lbm too. girls should want some muscle too. you won't get bulky. you'll just get sexier. these are facts.
    start going to the gym. you don't look bad. drop 5-10lbs and tone up. shouldn't take more than 2-3 months for you to look pretty *kitten* awesome.
    good luck.

I realize that. I think it's because wieght changes more than appearance. No matter my weight, I always look the same.
    I don't have time for the gym. I used to, before I got this job. :/
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    I have never weighed as little as that but from my own experience...your body shape is your body shape. It can be smaller or bigger or you can build muscle. But your boobs are your boobs, maybe smaller. Your thighs are your thighs, maybe smaller, or not.

Well, when I was 17 I weighed 115-118 lbs, just from being busy all the time, between college and working. I was perfectly happy with my body then, and I just want it back.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

from age 20 to age 30? not really. i think it is exaggerated just how much this is true. maybe it decreases significantly with menopause, but between 20 and 30, doubtful.

your tdee will increase significantly by having a cleaning job though, but it just depends if you eat more to compensate for that.
  • SkinnyCandii
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

from age 20 to age 30? not really. i think it is exaggerated just how much this is true. maybe it decreases significantly with menopause, but between 20 and 30, doubtful.

your tdee will increase significantly by having a cleaning job though, but it just depends if you eat more to compensate for that.

I guess you're right, haha.
    I have found that I am hungry and having to eat more. However, by the time I get home, I am so hugry that I end up eating more than necessary. I am going to try packing a little snack for around 3pm, when the hunger starts to prevent this.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I've read through all the comments on here and to OP, it seems like you have some body issues and maybe you need to talk to someone about that. Why do you think there is something wrong with your boobs? You're a woman, you're suppose to have breasts and curves. You are by no means overly large. You have a good proportioned body. All those super skinny models with flats chests are not normal!!! As other posters have said you don't really need to lose weight you need to recomp. You need to start lifting so you will build more muscle tone which will burn body fat which in turn will make you look thinner. At 5'5" you are at a healthy weight if you were to lose 15lbs you would be looking very unhealthy. Losing weight is not going to change the make up of your body. I have thick legs and cankles.....I hate them!!!!! But I am realizing that that is how my body is made and I have to deal with it. I will never have lean, slender legs no matter how much weight I lose. Good luck to you and all the best!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I've read through all the comments on here and to OP, it seems like you have some body issues and maybe you need to talk to someone about that. Why do you think there is something wrong with your boobs? You're a woman, you're suppose to have breasts and curves. You are by no means overly large. You have a good proportioned body. All those super skinny models with flats chests are not normal!!! As other posters have said you don't really need to lose weight you need to recomp. You need to start lifting so you will build more muscle tone which will burn body fat which in turn will make you look thinner. At 5'5" you are at a healthy weight if you were to lose 15lbs you would be looking very unhealthy. Losing weight is not going to change the make up of your body. I have thick legs and cankles.....I hate them!!!!! But I am realizing that that is how my body is made and I have to deal with it. I will never have lean, slender legs no matter how much weight I lose. Good luck to you and all the best!

5'5" and 115 would not necessarily be uhealthy. it isn't even considered underweight according to bmi. it depends on her body type. she could look perfectly fine at that weight.