I get hungry- really just can't eat less

Options
124»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I feel you. I'm not losing because I'm eating at least 1800 calories a day, which must be maintenance, and I'm hungry. So this is what I have to deal with for the rest of my life...and I haven't even reached my goal yet.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein...seriously, when I increased my protein to 30% of my calories I immediately noticed how much fuller I felt. I am very rarely hungry now, and I'm eating about 1300 calories a day. Eat a lot of protein with each meal...you will be full for hours and not need to snack much.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Here is my update (edit: I know this is annoyingly way too long I'm sorry!). I am okay with posting my stats if it is required to receive helpful information from some people, though I don't think it matters that much? I am not hiding anything...

Stats: I weigh about 103 to 105 depending on time of day. I am 65 inches tall. I am a college student. Soon I'll be back at school. I can buy and eat any foods at school because on my own entirely for food so there are no limitations there. I'll have all the typical kitchen appliances.

Goal: My goal is first 102, then 99.8, then 98, but only if I feel it is healthy for me. If I am satisfied with 99.8, I will stay there. Once I get to 98 I will definitely be happy with that and will be done. I'm saying this so you understand I am paying close attention to health and wellness. If I ever feel a concern about my health, I will immediately return to normal eating. I have already decided this. (Also I was reluctant to post stats because people can't tell through the internet what you look like and might be judgmental. I have a very small frame size. So I can say with confidence that it is reasonable for me to want to lose just 5 to 6 pounds.)

Problem and Current Situation: I already explained what I am trying to do (eat less) and my problem (getting hungry, eating, ending the day with only a very slight deficit or no deficit). Based on the suggestions I received yesterday, I tried to eat more protein and vegetables. I ended up eating 2050 calories today so far so maybe it helped, though I might still get hungry and eat a snack and no longer have a deficit. I also have a huge problem with eating too much after I workout because I get really hungry.

I am most likely not interested in weight lifting because actually I am not interested in being bulky.

But overall, I am trying really hard to figure out how to successfully lose weight and so far it is not working at all because I keep getting too hungry and am not good at this at all. I would be happy to add in something new to try tomorrow (ex. today I focused on protein and vegetables, something that I think was helpful) to see if it is helpful for me. Ex. if the exercise is a problem, and I should play with that.

I am also interested in changing my eating to be healthier and fitter but not to lose weight, but only as more of a last resort.

You are 5 ft 5 inches tall, weight 103, want to get down to 98 pounds, and you run 10 miles a day, plus you're obsessed about food and body image. All of this screams eating disorder. Please, please, see a school counselor to get some help for this.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Okay, thank you for your suggestions and advice. Actually I am changing my goals and plans, so I am no longer seeking any further advice.

The only thing you need to be doing right now is making an appointment with your school counselor or a doctor in order to get into an eating disorder treatment program. My friend, you are already underweight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh for some reason the pages where this was all revealed did not show up before I posted