Weigh & Measure EVERYTHING vs. It's just one day!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Don't log a couple dinners out of 30 and say you're trying to lose weight and someone will point it out for sure. - BFDeal

I could see this if the person is pleading, "Why, why, why?" For a complete answer one needs a complete diary. If you can live with the plateau and an incomplete answer, go ahead. Skip days.
    Again, so who's lying and who's telling the truth. Do the "you need to log 100% of the time" people never go out to eat or go to parties? If they do how do they make progress and why, when I apply the same philosophy, do I stall? It makes no sense.

I log 100% of the time. I have no problems dipping down 7 ,8 or even 10 lbs below my goal. I eat what I want knowing the consequences. I know how my body works. 4 5000 calorie days over thanksgiving had me at goal weight. 4 5000 calorie days at Christmas Will have me up 5 lbs. Its a game now to see how much I can eat and maintain. Everybody has different goals this time of year. Mine is to enjoy all the food and Not skip any workouts. By January 26th I'll be back to my goal trying to wrap me head around a bulk. Haven't been able to get there mentally yet. Merry Christmas everybody.
    100% of the time? So you really only had 900 calories last Sunday?

Edit: and no food last Wednesday? No wonder you're not worried about weight gain.

No need to fill it in when I know how much it is and I'm under my goal weight....but thanks for pointing out I'm only a 99.9 percenter.

I went back a week. Two empty days. More like a 71.4%-er.

Would you mind going back thru my 1085 days for me and getting the actual %? Lol jk. I'll take 71 % because......it works for me.

:drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I would also add that I rarely see anyone suggesting to "go nuts"...most people just say to stop worrying so much about these special occasions...nobody got fat because of an occasion.

I'll just leave this right here.

Ummm....that's not exactly an "advice" thread. Many of those folks are also bulking so 4,000 calories or whatever is probably right in there wheel house...and really they're just having fun.

There are tons of actual posts in response to the actual hand wringing people due in RE to holidays that just tell them to enjoy the day and see the bigger picture...that one day isn't the end of the world...there are a whole *kitten* ton of days in a year...maybe focus on those instead of the special occasions...enjoy yourself...enjoy your family...enjoy your friends and anything and everything else you have to be thankful for and stop worrying about every little gram or ounce or calorie for one little day.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I would also add that I rarely see anyone suggesting to "go nuts"...most people just say to stop worrying so much about these special occasions...nobody got fat because of an occasion.

Totally ignores any helpful and genuine advice given to him in this thread.

Brings up other thread to try to disprove a *single* sentence in one reply.

Guess it's your call where you want to spend your energy.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Totally ignores any helpful and genuine advice given to him in this thread.

Brings up other thread to try to disprove a *single* sentence in one reply.

Guess it's your call where you want to spend your energy.

Qft. It always comes back to energy expenditure.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    As that's my thread- I'd say it's a valid point to bolster his point. Because some people really DO want to say EFF it-me included and as pointed out early in the thread- which I brought up here- most people don't realize how much work it is to truly "stuff it" and blow the day.

BUT- I'd say- most people who strive for that/are participating are busy bodies- and have higher calorie goals (not me- but I'm still saying eff it) and can literally afford to have a day where even if they are bulking- or have high goals- can have a high day- because their body will just absorb it.

That being said- I'm certainly not suggesting 4k+ is for everyone- and if you're hand wringing already- don't even - but you have to just relax that *kitten* sometimes and let it go... let it go......

and now you are all going to hate me.
    it's okay.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka I think that we do need to learn to be sensible. Feasting on a feast day is as appropriate as being strict at other times.

My theory is that what used to be feast-only food is actually easier and cheaper to obtain than what we now see as "healthy" so we're all messed up.

And goodness knows we can be as binary as hell about our goals, which probably isn't intelligent over the long term.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    All about finding the long term big picture 'flow' for what works.

sensible and long term- you got it!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I feast on my birthday, thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. That's it, and I try to log on those days too, just for consistency.

I have days when I'm over...and I usually counter that by having a few days when I'm eating at a deficit to even out the week.

I'm am in maintenance tho, so there is that.