HOLIDAY EATING PLAN

Options
13»

Replies

• Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not going to restrict myself per say, but I do like to practice healthy learned habits during these times. For example choosing to have more turkey and veggies; a smaller portion of chocolate cake etc. instead of an excessive amount of everything like I used to ;)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We're having an open house Christmas Eve party tomorrow night with tons of posole and tamales and eggnog and beer, booze, and wine...I probably will go pretty light earlier in the day though. If I can I will get in a bike ride...supposed to do 25 miles tomorrow (because it's Wednesday) but I'm also the cook and have to get everything ready.

Christmas day will be pretty mellow for the most part...open up presents with the kids and have some coffee and mimosas and a small breakfast. No scheduled lunch, but the appetizers and whatnot will be out by 1 PM when people start arriving...dinner planned for 4:30.

My guess is that all an all I might exceed my usual calories some, but I'm not too worried about it...it's not like I'm going to be grossly over...I just don't eat like that anymore. I will enjoy my meals and enjoy spending time with my family and friends and make merry.

I've gained a tiny bit of weight over the last couple of months, but that's ok...most of it's muscle as I hit the gym really hard in the late fall and into winter to compensate for some of those extra calories out there. I will go into a slow cut in January and will look rockin' lean by mid spring.

That's exactly what we're having, too!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Because of MFP and all that I have learned about CICO, for the first time in my life, I am going to eat whatever I want and know for a fact that I'm not going to gain a pound. Thank you MFPers!

Mmmm.....I'm not convinced. :D
    emily_stew wrote: »

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, or what it is.
    I eat what I want and I am losing weight. So are many others.

I believe it's pure sarcasm. :)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Nearly 3pm on Christmas Eve and I am at 560 cals so far. I did 35 minutes incline treadmill (8% @ 4MPH) on my lunch break for about 250 cals (cutting down from machine estimate). I am within 5lbs of my goal weight after having lost over 80lbs.

I'll go home and destroy the cold smoked salmon, salami, and prosciutto platter. Some of it I may eat as is. Some I will put on a split Torta roll slathered in flavored cream cheese or brie. I'll probably wash that down with either a strong beer or rum and Coke Zero. For dessert, I bought a Cheesecake Factory sampler from Costco. Have that with some good Moscato. Then maybe more booze and some oven baked Lay's?

Next day will be basically the same thing for breakfast, but with the addition of Nutella and jam. Dinner is actually pretty light: Jamacian jerk seasoned pork tenderloin, brown rice, and broccoli and cheese with some beer. Dessert is moar cheesecake and booze.

Then I have to go back to work on Friday, so back to the old diet grind until evening on NYE. *sniff*

NYE will be Mongolian beef, booze, and cheesecake. NYD, I got nothing, then back to work/diet again.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    My plan: Eat everything that doesn't run faster than me. Destroy those who get in my way.

I am in for this plan …

OP - just enjoy the day brother…enjoy the time with family, eat foods, drink, and be merry ..it only comes around a few times a year..enjoy it..

why stress over food and exercise…I may not may not get a gym session in tomorrow..if I don't it will not be the end of the world, the gym will still be there on Friday, Saturday, Sunday...
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I am not anxious about Christmas Day, it is all month food has been around everywhere, I would go up a few pounds, then make myself be good and then down. One day wont kill you, it is a bunch of days, geez get rid of leftovers.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    my eating plan is to eat as much as possible over the next 3 days lol. I am feasting. Have a great Christmas. Remember its a marathon and not a sprint and its good to stop and look around occasionally (my take on it anyway)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My plan?
    eat+all+the+things.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'll be eating to satisfaction and likely not dreaming about food all the time. Trying to decide if I should start my feasting at midnight tonight or wait until tomorrow after my sleep.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well christmas eve is in the books and I hit about 3400 calories….
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I cooked a huge meal (and logged everything in each recipe as I was cooking), which included huge amounts of various veggies, light soup, salad and meat + mashed potatoes. I made so many things, that every side dish was about 2 tablespoonful on my plate, except for the tri-tip roast, that was almost 10 oz. I made desert out of mashed potatoes, followed a recipe but wasn't crazy about it.
    It's 10 pm tonight, and although I went over my calories I only ate 1600, and I wasn't restricting myself. I ate what I wanted and it was great. I did go for a short walk, wanted to go for a jog but didn't have time :(
    I think I did good. On TG I ate close to 2000 calories.
    I might have some ice cream later on tonight. Tomorrow I'm pretty sure I'll be able to stay under 1300.
  • cameramanbj
    cameramanbj Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I plan to stay under 3000 for the day should be easy with 2 meals only if I can limit myself to 2 deserts.
  • IIGuardian
    IIGuardian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can understand a holiday restriction plan only in cases where a person has regular cheat days. But considering that my only true cheat days are holidays and special occasions, I'm going all out. Everybody deserves to treat themselves at some point.