Another teen shot in Missouri

Options
MrM27
MrM27 Posts: 18,355 Member
Last night, and it appears he raised a gun at police. Now people want to protest that the officer reacted? I'm sorry but people need to focus their energy on other things. How come no one protested the killing of our 2 NYPD officers on Saturday. The current people protesting I guess don't feel that's important?

I'm here in NYC and now they are talking about the possibility that I have to do my job wearing a bullet proof vest. Seriously? Yea hold on, let me wear my vest to pick up a 12 year old having an asthma attack. How does making threats against us make anything better?

Rant over. Flame away MFP. Flame away.

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It doesn't. People are not that smart. I actually wonder if the protesters are taking off work to protest? Do they have jobs?

You got to hear what Charles Barkley has said on the Ferguson issue.

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    OMG the thing that ticks me off the most about this recent incident is a quote for a guy saying "why must you always use deadly force?" BECAUSE HE FRIGGEN POINTED A GUN AT HIM!!! I'm sorry someone points a gun at me, I'm not going to be all, "oh poopy-doo! Better put it down or I'm going to use some verbal judo on you, you mean person!" EFF THAT.

The cops in New York weren't even doing anything and he killed them. It breaks my heart. We had an officer killed in my town back in September. He was one of the most caring guys and would do anything for anyone. I work with his identical twin brother and it's just awful what that family has been through. Now they have to hear about people wanting cops dead all over the nation. I've worked in law enforcement for 6 years and have a ton of cop friends, and my brother in law is a cop. I'm worried sick about everyone of them now just because people can't go about this in a peaceful manner.

Martin Luther King Jr. protested using peaceful ways and got *kitten* done. What has been going on is crapping all over what he stood for.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Is this the story from Detroit where someone emptied 30 rounds into a car with 5 teens, killing one and injuring 3 others?

Or perhaps this was the teen who was shot in Dayton because he wanted someone's Air Jordans?

Perhaps this was the teen in Santa Ana that was shot?

You get the picture.
  • JeriAnne84
    Options
    None of those kids were killed by police...
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Is this the story from Detroit where someone emptied 30 rounds into a car with 5 teens, killing one and injuring 3 others?

Or perhaps this was the teen who was shot in Dayton because he wanted someone's Air Jordans?

You get the picture.

What does this have to do with the thread? I'm :confused:

• _Waffle_
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    None of those kids were killed by police...

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

You get the picture.

Only the one teen shot by a cop is worth talking about. The other half dozen that died this week from gunshot wounds don't matter. Case in point this isn't about teens. It's a cop hating discussion.
  • JeriAnne84
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So what was the point of posting those links in a thread about police shootings?

Edit: ahh okay. Yeah teens don't matter when they get killed, unless they are killed by cops. That is the trend now a days, which is sad.

The media fuels the hatred so much. Once the Ferguson stuff heated up, you stopped hearing about Russia invading people, or the immigration stuff Obama wants to do, heck you don't hear about Ebola either.

It's all cop hating now.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    So what was the point of posting those links in a thread about police shootings?
    I was simply laughing at the title. It's all about the teens. LOL
  • yopeeps025
    Options

You get the picture.

Only the one teen shot by a cop is worth talking about. The other half dozen that died this week from gunshot wounds don't matter. Case in point this isn't about teens. It's a cop hating discussion.

People die every single day. Should that be talked about too. Like on the news these are the people that died today.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    As far as excessive force by police goes, I don't think this particular case falls in that category. Eric Garner and Tamir Rice weren't pointing guns (Rice's toy gun was in his waistband) and this guy definitely wasn't.
  • _Waffle_
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

So you really think I'm hating on the cops?
    Not you. Just the news in general. It makes for a great story where the other teen slayings don't really count. Google "Air Jordan shooting". More teens are probably killed fighting over Air Jordans every year than are killed by cops. That won't make the news however. It won't sell papers.
  • _Waffle_
    Options

You get the picture.

People die every single day. Should that be talked about too. Like on the news these are the people that died today.
    Now that would be interesting. I can imagine them listing the deaths and cause of deaths. I guess that's a bit morbid but it would be useful if all the non disease related deaths each day were reported on.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

Not you. Just the news in general. It makes for a great story where the other teen slayings don't really count. Google "Air Jordan shooting". More teens are probably killed fighting over Air Jordans every year than are killed by cops. That won't make the news however. It won't sell papers.

While I definitely agree with what you're saying, those kids weren't killed by a person in a position of authority who is supposed to protect them. The fact that violence exists in horrific numbers among teens does not excuse or negate the fact that violence is being perpetrated by police against what appears to be a large number of unarmed black teens.
  • _Waffle_
    Options

While I definitely agree with what you're saying, those kids weren't killed by a person in a position of authority who is supposed to protect them. The fact that violence exists in horrific numbers among teens does not excuse or negate the fact that violence is being perpetrated by police against what appears to be a large number of unarmed black teens.
    Personally I think they need much better mental screening of the police before they're allowed to carry a gun. There are bad cops that just can't handle the pressure. If the entry exams and screening were as tough as say entering the FBI then you wouldn't have these issues. When is the last time you heard about the FBI involved in a shooting where someone didn't deserve it?

Raise the pay if necessary to get better people in there but we have to be more cautious about who gets that authority.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Last night, and it appears he raised a gun at police. Now people want to protest that the officer reacted? I'm sorry but people need to focus their energy on other things. How come no one protested the killing of our 2 NYPD officers on Saturday. The current people protesting I guess don't feel that's important?

I'm here in NYC and now they are talking about the possibility that I have to do my job wearing a bullet proof vest. Seriously? Yea hold on, let me wear my vest to pick up a 12 year old having an asthma attack. How does making threats against us make anything better?

Rant over. Flame away MFP. Flame away.

I don't understand what people expect from these cops, apparently they should not use any force and let these teenagers shoot them. I am all for the cop making it home to his family in these situations. He can't wait to see if the guys is going to shoot...it's a little too late at that point.
  • _Waffle_
    Options

Apparently the hip-hop culture has successfully propagated the stereotype that young black males are tough as nails and ready to kill. Mission accomplished.

Kick that beat.
    Nothing left to do, but buy some shells for my glock
    Why? so I can rob every known dope spot