agaraffa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    None:

Christmas Eve - 85 under goal
    Christmas Day - 10 under goal
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Over my goal by 400 - 500 calories on Christmas day.
    Not sure if it is related but I really didn't feel physically good last night and today so eating is not very appealing. Today I may not actually meet my calorie goal.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    -230 on 24th
    +400 on 25th

But I was already in a deficit from Mon/Tue, so I am in a slight deficit for the week still.

I'm trying to break free from the mindset that I used to have relating to Christmas and any other special occasion for that matter. The holiday, for me, is about going to church and celebrating the religious meaning for me...plus enjoying the more cultural aspects like decorating the house, sharing a meal with family and friends, taking a break from a busy schedule, enjoying a few foods that are tasty but not part of my normal routine like A PIECE of my aunts' pecan pie and fudge or A GLASS of dessert wine, exchanging gifts, holiday music, etc.

I don't try to stay in a deficit, or get too picky about meeting all my nutrition goals (I am VERY carb heavy since I don't eat the meat), but busting loose and using this as an opportunity for unrestrained gluttony is not appealing to me either.

I'm eating the weight conscious and nutritious way that Im eating because this is really how I want to eat and to live. Healthy food tastes good, is good for me, and moderate eating makes me feel better physically. I like exercise and went for 1-2 mile walks each day (though I did break from the gym). Today I'm eating only the healthy leftovers that I prepared (and some of my usual foods) and am heading out for a long hike in the woods to test out my new camera lens soon. I'm trying to break free of that person who was a sedentary binge eater and who had a dysfunctional relationship with food, no self control.

It is hard because everyone else around me thinks that is weird and I must be suffering terribly and exercising great willpower. But the thing is, I'm not! My perception of what is good has changed, and that is a major victory!
    Best post of the thread! You're not alone in that thinking.

Thank you! I have felt a bit alone, especially among extended family that hasn't been around daily to witness the transformation. Ate breakfast with them on Christmas Day. They are still trying to make sense of me ha ha. These are very traditional, rural southerners (USA) who cook with lots of pork fat. And me, the vegetarian, bringing a fruit tray to share. I ate a lot of that fruit ha ha.

I live in the midwest, so instead of pork fat, its all cooked in velveeta or cream of mushroom soup. Thank goodness I am not vegan or I'd be up *kitten* creek.

I brought a 3 bean salad, a veggie tray with ranch dip, and a tray of sugar cookies.
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    a million, give or take a couple... Seriously though, no clue. I gave up on even attempting to keep track after a few glasses of wine.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    2,431 over for the day today (2,181 over maintenance). I claim success!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
  • doeharris74
    doeharris74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    over 488 Christmas Day :\
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I did not track, but I am thinking possibly about 500 over maintenance, perhaps less. I ended up losing a lb in the last few days, and about 4 in the last few weeks. It was a great xmas.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    From my daily goal: only 115 over on Christmas Eve and a little over 500 calories yesterday. :yum:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    To be honest not sure. I put that I had around 8,000 in my diary. It could be more or could be less.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Not tracking from Christmas eve until Jan. 2, so I have no idea!