Breast size - are they much smaller after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yep. UK 38HH to 32G.

Still worthy of a Benny Hill sketch, especially since they are much less gravity-defiant these days.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't lose much... if my band goes down more than the breasts I'll be ecstatic :smiley:

They're still growing, so I suppose that's possible...
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have lost 84 lbs and went from a 42D to a 36DD. It seems much of it has to do with if you tend to gain fat in your breasts. I never really had much of an increase in their size from weight gain other than my band size, so I imagine that is partly why my bra size has gone up, as my band size has gone down while my cup size is about the same.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Just wanted to hop in and let everyone know that Victoria's Secret is having a big sale right now, online it's half off for disco product, and in store it's buy one got one half off.

Totes relevant.

Ahaha. This is great.
  • cnekniher
    cnekniher Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have baby breasts. At my heaviest I could push them to a 32 B but they didn't really fill it. I've lost 23 pound and they've shrunk to barely fill an A now. They're always the first place I lose from and the last place I gain. But what can you do? I'd rather lose and be thin and healthy overall than half bigger boons and a bigger body
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    After dropping 120# I went from a 42dd
    to a 34d. Push up bras were my best friend.

when my bras started getting tight, I realized I was pregnant lol
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    As far as I can tell...most people who lose a lot of boob size are the people who have lost a lot of weight and had EXTREMELY large breasts in the first place. Hoping I wont lose much since I am a 34C and they are kind of small.

34C is big to me. I wouldn't count on keeping them. Lots of people have posted about going down to an A with weight loss.
  • RayneStorm94
    RayneStorm94 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've also wondered this. I'm at a 40H (and only 20. :s ) and I was kinda hoping that when I lost some weight that they'd shrink down, 'cause... goodness they're a pain..
  • intangiblemango
    intangiblemango Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    20 lbs loss took me from being properly fitted in a 28G to being properly fitted in a 28DDD/28E.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    The last time I dropped weight, 80 lbs, the only thing that changed was my band size. I went from a 40DD to a 34DD. I'm hoping that's true this time around too.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    I have breast implants and you couldn't tell cause theyve gotten saggy but theyre improving. They are firmer but not what they used to be. But I honestly just want a flat stomach and decent pant size. Boobs are boobs. Guys love em no matter what .
  • Zwible
    Zwible Posts: 57
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • MummyKate85
    MummyKate85 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs so far and gone from a 40F to a 36E.
  • Lola2248
    Lola2248 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think I might wait then, and see what I can lose myself. I am reluctant to have surgery, as it is surgery after all. But it is also a vicious circle as I find it difficult to exercise because of my breast size, so they stay big.... But I am going to do this this time!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Went from 34e to 32e so only lost on the back not cupsize
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lola2248 wrote: »
    I think I might wait then, and see what I can lose myself. I am reluctant to have surgery, as it is surgery after all. But it is also a vicious circle as I find it difficult to exercise because of my breast size, so they stay big.... But I am going to do this this time!

If it's jumping that you find makes exercise uncomfortable you could focus mainly on weight training and low impact/no jumping exercises. Fitnessblender.com have amazing workouts and you could also try swimming.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've lost 160 pounds....went from a 38B to a 32A
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Lola2248 wrote: »

I totally get this. I swear my junior high gym teacher was a sadist - 100 jumping jacks every class >:). I love the outdoors and tried to become a runner but even with bras designed by NASA engineers, it has always been extremely uncomfortable (step classes etc. aren't exactly a walk in the park). However, I would highly recommend spinning classes, weight training, swimming, hiking, kayaking etc. There are lots of good calorie burn options. I spent years trying to do activities that were really meant for a different body type. There are so many work out options out there that you can find a good cardio/strengthen combo that just isn't not 'difficult" but actually something you look forward to. I also find that weight training is great for maintaining good posture and strong upper body "support" muscles - I have no back pain as a result.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs so far. My band size has definitely decreased, and I think my cup size as well. I'll know when I head out soon for more bras. I have been able to get by so far by tightening up the band, but now even the tightest setting is too big and there is extra fabric in the cup.

I'm thrilled with the geography of this loss.
  • just_special
    just_special Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have lost 88 pounds and my bust size went from a tight 40DD (probably should have been wearing a bigger bra) to a 36C