How many calories did you have for Christmas? 7,000?

Options
12346»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A little over 4k. It's really not that hard to consume that much during one evening without making yourself sick, especially if there are drinks and desserts involved. For example, a normal sized slice of one of the cakes I had had around 800 calories, and the evening involved a lot of snacking on roasted nuts and seeds to accompany drinks.
  • freesia83
    freesia83 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Didn't count, going to start tomorrow, would be an awful lot though, had put 2lb on,not worried, will come off.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I went non-linear for about a week and put back on some hard-won lbs. I'm back on track now and feel a lot better about myself.
  • debbiewade55
    debbiewade55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I only had 1420 which is just 140 over my goal. And yes...I could see eating nearly that many calories in the past.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    all of the meals in the article are highly unlikely. from my experience family tend to have ONE of those meals as the holiday meal of the day. true, the day tends to be a bit more lavish then the regular. there are candies from stockings, and holiday fare.

my family tends to do bacon and eggs in the morning with stocking candy in between, then we go to my aunts where the spread is ham and potato salad and lasagna an head cheese. not the healthiest choices but i cant imagine eating 7k of it
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I didn't actually track. I had 3 different full on Christmas dinners but skipped the 4th (HUGE family) so I pretty much just let it happen. But I actually LOST weight between Dec 21-28. So I say WHO CARES! MOAHAHA!
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    0. I ingested no food or drink that day.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    like 1500-1600 lol i don't know why christmas has to be associated with binge eating a to of food or eating so unhealthy. enjoy time with family not eat til you can't breathe.
    1635 for me. And I remember reading a thread like this the day after Thanksgiving where people were 'pitying' those who didn't go over 2k calories and even openly mocking them for choosing not to eat gravies, creams and desserts. Anyone who defended those people were mocked as well. I don't understand why it's socially acceptable to be a glutton certain days of the year - as well of worthy of mockery to not be - but any other time of the year it's something to be proud of that one is not a glutton. Not quite double standards, but annoying all the same.

1350 and treadmill took off 120. I so agree about gluttony just because it's Christmas or any holiday. Even when I was fat I never tried to make myself sick over eating.

Hmmm I don't know about "gluttony" but I could see easily going over 2k calories just by allowing yourself to have calorie dense choices. Appies, stuffing, mashed potatoes, egg nog, wine. Pie with icecream. I don't know about you but we don't just have Christmas dinner but also a brunch. Brunch = things like eggs, sausages, egg rolls, spring rolls, fruit salad, mimosas, toast, cinnamon buns, bacon, waffles, cheese, crackers, etc etc.

It could be pretty easy to hit 2k without stuffing yourself silly just because everything might be super calorie laden.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not American, but I reckon I had about 2500-3000. I ate a normal amount, and dinner was just roast chicken and veg with pigs in blankets (chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon), but the majority of my calories came from 2 mince pies, some brandy butter and 2 glasses of wine!

For breakfast I had a banana, lunch was cheese and pâté on crackers, and I had coffee and 3 dairy milk chocolates throughout the day.

I wouldn't say I ate loads, it's just that the things I ate had lots of calories in them, and wine of course has quite a few calories in it.
  • paultucker1007
    paultucker1007 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    9,469. No alcohol either.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I didn't log from the 24th to yesterday (28th) as we had a big meal/party each one of those days. I plan to start logging again today, when I weighed myself this morning I was 4lbs over. Considering 1-2lbs is probably water weight, I probably have indeed overeaten by about 7000 over these last few days especially as I'm back on steroid medication which makes me hungry all the time and increases water retention. Ehh, it's not going to take me long to lose and I don't regret it at all. It was delicious!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Didn't track, and I don't care. Happens once a year where I see family I never see all year so I enjoyed myself.

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Apparently not enough as I just maintained. 6000 Christmas. 4000 for the rest of em. Back on track Sunday.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    9,469. No alcohol either.

Well sir, I believe you hold the MFP Christmas Day record for 2014!
    Congratulations!
    :smiley: