ndj1979 wrote: »
    530roman wrote: »
    I'd like to see phrases like these eliminated:
    "eat all the/teh foods/z"
    "there is so much 'no' in this post/thread"
    And replaced with:
    "eat what you want"
    "I do not believe this/these statement(s) are factual"

Also, talking about menstruating in a public forum and then getting upset when men chime in. Find a private way of messaging to talk about your flow if men can't get in the conversation.

Oh, and when people do this ("^^^^this^^^^" or "^^^yes")

What I find funny is the ones who are upset about what others want banned. It will not happen, so don't get your feelings hurt when people want to ban the same phrases you use regularly. You set yourself up for that disappointment when you opened this thread.

people that complain, just to complain.

says the guy that accounts for half of the comments in this thread.

I only have half, really? shoot, I was going for 75%...
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Any and all MLM product threads, products, and terminology! Gah!

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS FOR THE WIN!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Once upon a time I saw a play about scientists researching menstruation (not the weirdest play I've seen, or even close) and the program had a bunch of euphemisms used in various times and places. My favorites were "the English have arrived" and "there are Communists in the funhouse." (TOM requires less explanation, though.)

Bwahahaha - communists in the funhouse... new favorite! Previous favorite? "Riding the cotton pony"... hehe

Can't believe nobody has said "Arts and crafts week at panty camp"

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Loose. You do not loose weight. You LOSE weight.

Loose = not firmly fastened or fixed in place.
    Lose = to experience a reduction in something such as weight or heat

No more loosing weight next year, okay people?
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    another vote for Crossfit
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ this
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I have my period. What do I do now?!

I was waiting to see how long it would take for this one!! I have seen posts from women in their 30's and 40's posting this.

Can't everyone who is as confused as a 12 year old girl just join a private group and wail and moan together??
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Any phrases that people are for or against, I am against and for!! :p
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    New year, new me! And yes, I am guilty of that one...just not willing to say it anymore. Oh, and picking a specific date on the calendar to start working out. "I'll start on the 1st of March when the gym is less crowded". :smiley:
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    "What can you eat on your diet?"

I'm NOT on a "DIET". I have a LIFESTYLE.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Loose. You do not loose weight. You LOSE weight.

Loose = not firmly fastened or fixed in place.
    Lose = to experience a reduction in something such as weight or heat

I agree... No "loosing" weight. It's a word crime.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

I feel like anyone who needs to lose 50 lbs.+ can use the word "journey" if it helps them understand it's going to take a while. Using that word is not going to hurt anyone (not like "detox," "cleanse," etc.), even if it may be annoying to you.
  • Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    "Booty"
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would ban 'cleanse' and 'detox'. You want to cleanse and detox? Stop putting crap in your body lol.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I hate both lifestyle and diet. What word should I use though?!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    neffme wrote: »
    I hate both lifestyle and diet. What word should I use though?!

"food you eat"

• ogsteinkid
    Options
    Anything self-shaming should be banned from everyone's internal/external conversations. Know that you are worth all that is good, kind and wonderful!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    "TOM"

It's a period, ladies, or menstrual cycle if you want to be technical. Most of us have one monthly and it's not a naughty word. You don't have to disguise it with some stupid acronym. Also, using your period as an excuse to skip workouts and overeat is just weak. You're not the first person to ever bleed from your vagina - woman up and do what you gotta do.

^ Feel free to take offense to that. I don't mind.

Period is also a euphemism though isn't it? Just another temporal reference I assume.
    As for eating. I never fretted about my increased appetite. I just ate and knew that a few days later Id have no appetite at all.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I have my period. What do I do now?!

I was waiting to see how long it would take for this one!! I have seen posts from women in their 30's and 40's posting this.

Can't everyone who is as confused as a 12 year old girl just join a private group and wail and moan together??
    HAHAHA. I never go in the "ladies!" threads, despite being a lady. I can't bear it. I don't want to talk about or hear about anyone's "arts and crafts day at panty camp" or other female issues. And LOL at that euphemism!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    ...not all of us can work a whole stout-infused shredded pig into our calories for the day.

I need this on a t-shirt something fierce.
    With "ball bag" lol.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    "Journey" - yeah, it's not. Want a journey, take a step onto the road, it's a dangerous thing and you never know where it will take you.

How about we kill off a couple concepts:
    Empathy
    Validation
    Difficult
    Can't
    Laziness

Eh, help me, I can't work out because I'm so spazzy that I can't do a jumping jack right.
    Stow it, go do it, you'll get better at it as you do it. I didn't spring forth from the womb as awesome as I am, it took a *little* bit o' practice and bourbon.
    Stow it? OK, Archie.

(This probably goes without saying, but I think you're wrong about most of that. That's not why I quoted it, to have a big fight. At the risk of sounding "validating", you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I just couldn't let "Stow it" go, hard as I tried.)