Can someone explain Beachbody TurboFire

Options
13»

Replies

• kgangl1028
    Options
    I've done this program in the past. It's pretty good and fun....So, if you are looking to lose a little fat it can be effective for that. I agree with the strength training idea. However, I think you can't lose fat and build muscle at the same time...You definitely can benefit from a Turbo Fire workout series to get you motivated to exercise on a consistent schedule and to help lose alittle fat and then like the others have mentioned, create a stength training workout series to really build muscle to then tone up.

Good luck. I'm reading a book right now to learn how to more effectively weight train and eat the right amount of macronutrients for my size. I'm about the same size as you but want to lose some fat around my middle....This site it helping me to understand exactly what I didn't know before....I guess I kept doing the same things over the years (reducing my food a little) and exercising 5-6 days a week but after so many years of obtaining only average results, I'm trying to educate my knowledge to try a new more focused approach so that I really will tone up and increase my metabolism at the same time.
  • rebeccatackett
    rebeccatackett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Please explain what it's all about and what are good workouts to work up to actually doing it or if I could just start doing it :)

All of the Beachbody programs include a schedule to help you get started and which DVD to do when. They start out with the easier programs and slowly work you up to the harder DVDs. I don't know if Turbofire has a specific strength training or not but you don't have to use weights to be considered strength training. Bodyweight is all you need for strength training. Hello...pushups and squats!!! And the one poster is wrong, not all Beachbody programs are just cardio. There are tons of programs to fit all kinds of fitness types. I should know, I have several programs. I have TurboFire but I haven't gotten the chance to use it yet. Right now, I am doing Les Mills Pump.

• rebeccatackett
    Options
    Someone got me the program for Christmas, now I'm at a loss for when I should use it and if my beginner workout body is ready to use it or if I need to do other workouts before I'm ready

Use it!!! Use the modifiers if you have to but have fun with it. What better way to start the New Year than with a free gym membership!! It was a gift, you have nothing to lose and the videos are from 10 minutes to 55 minutes each. Pick your time of day that works for you and start marking off your schedule.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 134 lb. So I'm not over weight anymore ,now I would just like to burn off the extra fat and tone up

Argh. "tone up"

What's your problem?

"Tone up" is made up work. You can lose weight with that program. But I doubt it has the resistance work to "tone up". If you want to make your muscles you already have appear more, it might work (if your macros are in check). But it won't create any more muscles.

I assume you don't want to get "too bulky" right?

Maybe I'm looking for a different word. Get less curvy? It's not that I want to be bulky or very muscly, and I don't want to just lose weight either, I guess I want to look better in my birthday suit? Get lean, maybe?

Bulky...*cringe*

DYEbannedwords2015 thread?
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ay what are all these programs? I don't know what any of this t25, xbox 350, 30 day shreds are.

they are terrible programs
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    seal10.jpg

Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on a gray
    Ooh, the more I get of you, the stranger it feels, yeah
    Now that your rose is in bloom
    A light hits the gloom on the gray.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    That dude is on my list of epic bottoms for a rampaging Dave.
  • cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Remember what we are doing this for. You are creating a new better body. I hate working out. I was an athlete growing up I played football and ran track in college. I ran and worked out only so that I could play the sport. The workout was not a thing in itself it was preparation for the sport.

When I taught my 6 year old son to play golf I took him to the driving range so he could develop the skills to play the game. He said to me that he couldn't figure out why people played golf it was a horrible thing to waste time on. I told him that playing was a lot better than practice. When I took him to play on the course the first time a few weeks later. He played the first hole and then the second hole, then he teed off the third hole and was standing at his ball in the middle of the green grass in the fairway with the light breeze and birds all around and he looked at me and said "Dad you are right, playing is a whole lot more fun than practice" .

This is how I feel about working out no matter what tape you view the workout is a means to an end. Go out and use the wonderful body you are creating. Join a sports league. As you do squats or run on the treadmill you can daydream about beating your opponent to the basket or rounding third base headed to beat the throw at the plate.
  • rebeccatackett
    Options
    There is a group discussion about starting Turbo Fire in January. You should join that one. Several people are going to start the program in the next couple of days!!!!
  • vixen0babs
    vixen0babs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cardio is an important part to burning fat, but if your diet isn't right (as in not getting enough protein) and you aren't weight training, your body will burn muscle and continue to store the fat for energy. Building muscle will help boost your metabolism and help you shed stored fat. I would recommend cardio 2-3x a week and weight training 3-4.

My suggestion to you is to do your videos and buy some weights or resistance bands too.

When I first started out, I did P90x and absolutely loved it. I also enjoy PiYo strength and Zumba. I lift 3-4x a week and cardio 2-3.

Check out bodybuilding.com and create a profile and enter your fitness goals, it will help guide you through your transformation. Good luck!
  • mandyarnie
    mandyarnie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I own almost every beachbody product. I get bored quickly and like to change things up plus they keep coming out with better programs. If your sticking with Beachbody I would do T25 over Turbofire for cardio. Same results less time with T25. If you want cardio plus weight training I LOVE P90x3 and Chalene extreme. Hope this helps. Also look into the challenge packages when ordering you can get shakology added to your order for super cheap ;)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Turbo Fire is a cardio program consisting of several workout DVDs. It includes HIIT and some resistance training (bands and bodyweight). It probably will not preserve muscle and/or build muscle as efficiently as heavy lifting in a gym. What it does offer is the ability to workout at home and a consistent schedule and program calendar which is motivating to a lot of people.

I did the original program a few years ago (when I was pretty "untrained") in conjunction with a calorie deficit. I had very good results. I lost 12 pounds, didn't seem to lose much muscle (but that's difficult to track), and I ended up in the best cardio shape of my life. I am actually planning on doing another round starting this week but this time I plan to supplement with 1-2 days of heavy lifting.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 134 lb. So I'm not over weight anymore ,now I would just like to burn off the extra fat and tone up

Argh. "tone up"

What's your problem?

"Tone up" is made up work. You can lose weight with that program. But I doubt it has the resistance work to "tone up". If you want to make your muscles you already have appear more, it might work (if your macros are in check). But it won't create any more muscles.

I assume you don't want to get "too bulky" right?

Maybe I'm looking for a different word. Get less curvy? It's not that I want to be bulky or very muscly, and I don't want to just lose weight either, I guess I want to look better in my birthday suit? Get lean, maybe?

Bulky...*cringe*

DYEbannedwords2015 thread?

I know, and I read this right after the banned words thread. doh!
  • kay566
    kay566 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey I am starting turbofire on January 5th 2015!! Check out my profile I have a group started already so that we can all motivate each other! Would be great if more can join for extra support! I've never done it before but have heard and seen brilliant results!!