January Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I've been running, but not participating in the challenges. It feels like time to come back.

exercise.png
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've decided on 50km

exercise.png
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 19 miles. Just starting back up again.
  • HollyColeman91413
    HollyColeman91413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OO i would like in on this...i would like to go for 50 miles for january!!!...just had gastric surgery so i need to up my exercise!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! This is a great group with lots of motivation!
    Here is my ticker (indicative of the baby I'm having :# )
    exercise.png
    Yay! Congratulations on Pink!
    Unfortunately I have no way of knowing exactly how far I run how about time instead like so many hours is that OK too?
    Mapmyrun works well but I used to use http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/ I think it is easier to use for manual measurement.
    ShortMrsN wrote: »
    I will be away for the 1st week and a half of January so wont be able to post (the beach can't get cell or internet connection!! Bliss!) Looking forward to some beach running )
    Sounds wonderful! Beach running is the best

I am in for 100 again in January. Want to increase it but have another half in January so 100 it is for now. I am going for 1200 (gulp) for 2015! It is going to be a great year so I know I can get there!!!
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm in for 60 miles! It is so motivating reading these high mileage numbers. I'm also an outdoor runner and seriously need some motivation.

Happy New Year, Happy Running!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The month has just started and so many exciting things happening already! Babies, isolated beaches, cold weather warriors, long-distance champions and people just learning that they are running addicts! Awesome stuff! So inspiring! Thanks so much to Stan for keeping this going each month!

exercise.png
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    30 min strength training + 2mile run.
    58 miles to do.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for January

1/1 8 miles - 8

exercise.png
  • CLEgirl
    CLEgirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need! My real challenge for the year is to increase my speed, with a goal of reducing my time for a half in September. So, if I run the same time but increasing my speed, I will run longer!

Due to some limitations in running the first week of January, my target will be 65 miles.

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am raising my goal to 65 miles from 35 last month. I was amazed at how close I came to 60 without really pushing myself too hard. We will see if I can pull if off this month...

exercise.png
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this group. I completed 110 miles in December, aiming for 120 in January!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Woot! I'm back and training for a half marathon. Declaring 65 for January.

Date....... Run...........Total.........Remaining
    01JAN15 - 3.08 miles/3.08 miles/61.92 miles

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Tapering, running a marathon, then off for a week of skiing at the end of the month, so dropping my goal in half from December to just 84 miles.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1/1, 2.0 miles, outside, 19 degrees with the wind but it was sunny!

2.0 miles total; 70 miles goal

exercise.png
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for just 30 miles but I'm somewhat new to running. 1.41 down and 28.59 to go!
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Two done - 29 to go!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 100, but I'm sick and my asthma is very angry at the moment. Ran a 5k this morning went out way too fast and ended up 20 seconds slower than my pr.

1/1/15 - 3.12 miles 5k
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/1 = 6 miles
    @skippygirlsmom @fabnine @shanaber Thanks, ladies! I am very excited and cannot wait to meet my little runner girl. Let's see if I can manage posting a tiny picture of hers :)

035eadb8-e9c7-48f8-ab2a-95181d88cbc0_zpse7a3b64e.jpg
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Jan 1 - 5K on the beach.

My daughter was 1st her in age group! She figures all others in her age group were still hung over. ;) I came in 4th in my age group. It was misting but perfect for running. I loved running on the packed sand, never done that before.

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.