January Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MFarrellPsyD
    MFarrellPsyD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Setting my goal for 40 miles... My half isn't until the end of May so I'm trying to stay with it through the cold months. :#
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in - going for 25 running in January.
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm in!

This is my first running challenge and I'm aiming for 31km/19 miles and at least 1km a day!

I'm thinking that should be doable!

exercise.png
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The plan I'm working has 34.5 miles for this month, so that's my goal.

vNB8m4.png
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This is my first time joining! I'm planning to run my first half in April so I'll aim for 50 for January, and hope I run a bit more than that :smile:

• ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    Unfortunately I have no way of knowing exactly how far I run how about time instead like so many hours is that OK too?
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately I have no way of knowing exactly how far I run how about time instead like so many hours is that OK too?

Sure!

However if you wanted, you can pre-map your run to know the distance. I know websites like www.runningahead.com and I believe mapmyrun.com will do this.
  • ihatebeingfat23
    Options
    Oh cool! Thanks
  • Jackie80taylor
    Jackie80taylor Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    this sounds great, i'm in and going for 30 miles :-)

exercise.png

• jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've never committed to a running challenge, but I'm training for a half marathon in March, so this might be good accountability!!! I'm going to aim for 80 miles in January/

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I've used this site to find distance for some runs, mainly in planning to make sure my run should be the proper distance.
    http://www.mappedometer.com/
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    43 miles again for me in January.

exercise.png
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1km done and dusted - 30 more to go!
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm shooting for 35 again this month. January is COLD and I run outdoors, I'm sure there will be a few days I just can't make it outside.

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    jtarmom wrote: »
    I'm shooting for 35 again this month. January is COLD and I run outdoors, I'm sure there will be a few days I just can't make it outside.
    Aww...c'mon... you are just in Buffalo. It's not like you get snow or anything like that up there. :)

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 25 miles in January. I'm just getting back to running after resting a heel spur. I've only been able to run once a week in December. We'll see if I can up that in January.

exercise.png
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Back again with a goal of 100km.
    Not sure how well I'll do, only managed quarter of that in December with my leg injury but it is getting better each time I run!
    I will be away for the 1st week and a half of January so wont be able to post (the beach can't get cell or internet connection!! Bliss!) Looking forward to some beach running )
    Happy New Year everyone!!!

exercise.png
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    jtarmom wrote: »
    I'm right there with you January is COLD and I also run outdoors. I know my man lonewolf is a freak of nature running in subzero temps, but some of us like our appendages to remain frost free.
    I'm in for 140 for January because I only managed 146 in December.
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @Runningmischka How exciting! Now I have this urge to crochet tiny pink running booties for the child of a runner I've never met. Be well friend and enjoy this time.

@skippygirlsmom Great goal! Take it easy friend the road will be ready whenever you are. And Yes, @Stoshew71 THANKS for doing this Stan!

@xenl Welcome fellow streak runner! I'm at 129days=864.7miles

• n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, will set goal of 3 mi. day, some will be indoors & some will be hiking.

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.