Where were you last year?????

Options

Replies

• Seatown_Gal
    Seatown_Gal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was 20 pounds heavier, physically and mentally weaker, and thinking that my marriage was over. I am now on my way to so many goals. I have lost weight and know that I can lose the rest, I am stronger and leaner (bench pressing 70 lbs!) and my marriage is stronger than ever. Everyday I wake up and I know that my life is amazing because I made it so. I wish nothing but the best for everyone here!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A year ago I was quite obliviously middle aged and complacently ok with it. I was the invisible generation.

Now I'm so very much younger, fitter, stronger, yes and lighter (42lbs since June)....and now I'm no longer invisible :smile:
  • scg17
    scg17 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm down 11 lbs from last year (13 actually, but I let myself do whatever the last two weeks, so I'm a bit heavier), and I lost about 7 inches off my body. No I'm on to the last six vanity pounds, and getting as fit as possible in 2015.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Haha just checked, 145.2 this time last year - 145.6 this morning, my waist is 1" smaller though. Bulking and cutting for the win!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    One year ago today, I decided "hell with the goal of losing weight; I'm going to give it a rest and resolve to get out of the house more and have more fun in 2014." So I gained some weight (about 5 pounds). This year I'm back to the resolution of improving my fitness and getting rid of some of this fat.
  • Kristyai3
    Kristyai3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Last year I was 210lbs and wearing a size 20. I'm ringing in 2015 at 154 and wearing a size 12!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Last year I was actually exactly the same weight I am today. For me it was still a successful year. I am down a pant size, I am running faster, I am stronger, and I am more confident. I realize there is so much more I can do and am looking forward to pushing out of my comfort zone and excelling in 2015
  • carcarxx94
    carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So many inspiring achievements have been made in a year for many here..!! :smiley: I am a little opposite to most.. but this time last year I was very unwell and stuck in bed with a dangerously low BMI of 12. Today I am standing with a chocolate in one hand and a nutrition shake in the other at a BMI of 17. It's not so common to be able to be proud of going the other way.. but nevertheless I am proud of myself and after a mini relapse over the Christmas period my resolution is to gain into a healthy and happy weight in the new year :D !!
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was in the midst of an ED relapse which I am finally working through and feeling mentally stronger every day.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    carcarxx94 wrote: »
    So many inspiring achievements have been made in a year for many here..!! :smiley: I am a little opposite to most.. but this time last year I was very unwell and stuck in bed with a dangerously low BMI of 12. Today I am standing with a chocolate in one hand and a nutrition shake in the other at a BMI of 17. It's not so common to be able to be proud of going the other way.. but nevertheless I am proud of myself and after a mini relapse over the Christmas period my resolution is to gain into a healthy and happy weight in the new year :D !!

I think the majority of people here have an unhealthy relationship with food one way or another. Congratulations on your recovery!!!!

Last year at this time I had just been laid off and was about to gain the 10 pounds I've lost since coming back here in September. So, same weight but opposite trajectory :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Exactly one year ago today I was in the hospital getting transfusions of four units of blood to treat severe anemia. In the intervening year, I have lost 83 lb., was diagnosed T2 diabetic and went from medication to diet and exercise controlled, and got my anemia under control.

I celebrated by donating a pint of blood earlier today and my vitals were perfect. BP 110/70, pulse 68, and the most important was my hemoglobin at 14.8 (compared to 5.3 a year ago)!
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Exactly one year ago today I was in the hospital getting transfusions of four units of blood to treat severe anemia. In the intervening year, I have lost 83 lb., was diagnosed T2 diabetic and went from medication to diet and exercise controlled, and got my anemia under control.

I celebrated by donating a pint of blood earlier today and my vitals were perfect. BP 110/70, pulse 68, and the most important was my hemoglobin at 14.8 (compared to 5.3 a year ago)!

WHAT AN AWESOME WAY TO CELEBRATE!!!!! CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This time last year I hadn't even started trying to get in shape. But since June I've lost 35lbs, dropped from a size 40 waist to 36 and gone from not being able to run for an 1/8 mile to running a 5k in 29 minutes. Feels pretty good.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was 10lbs heavier and on an upward spiral. I refocused myself, dropped two clothing sizes and am much stronger.
  • BakaNekoChan
    BakaNekoChan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Last year I was excited and living in a new country, with a new job that go me back on my feet. I was about 15 lbs lighter. Now that I'm stuck back home, I find myself in a rut again. Gonna get it straight though.
  • erikarobles
    Options
    Last year I was excited and living in a new country, with a new job that go me back on my feet. I was about 15 lbs lighter. Now that I'm stuck back home, I find myself in a rut again. Gonna get it straight though.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! We all have the tools and we know how to do it but sometimes it is just hard to get going again. Just kick yourself if the butt lol.
  • msschaller99
    msschaller99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Down 20 lbs since January 3, 2014. Up 3 pounds from my lowest weight, but the holidays have definitely beaten me down this year regarding food. However, I know how to lose it and plan on it plus another 5 to make goal. Wearing a nice size 6 or 8...and enjoying the new wardrobe I've had to purchase....LOL.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was complacent with my life and my body, and had no goals. I wasn't ready for any changes, but I knew there were problems. I could barely walk a mile, and the thought of running even one minute scared me. I also had an awful haircut, if you'd like to know. :) It would be May before I would be ready to make changes. I am starting 2015 at 52 lbs lighter. I run regularly and am hoping for my first 5k this spring. I enjoy exercise, and I am even starting to enjoy more nutrient rich foods. I am smarter, more self-aware, and yes, my hair is much better also.
  • erikarobles
    Options
    This time last year I was complacent with my life and my body, and had no goals. I wasn't ready for any changes, but I knew there were problems. I could barely walk a mile, and the thought of running even one minute scared me. I also had an awful haircut, if you'd like to know. :) It would be May before I would be ready to make changes. I am starting 2015 at 52 lbs lighter. I run regularly and am hoping for my first 5k this spring. I enjoy exercise, and I am even starting to enjoy more nutrient rich foods. I am smarter, more self-aware, and yes, my hair is much better also.

YAY FOR GOOD HAIR!!!! lol Congrats on ALL your progress!!!!
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    For me it is more a comparison to where I was in September 2013 when I was at my highest (178.6) and unhappiest.

Since then I I have lost weight, regained it, and re-lost most of it (147 currently). In 2014, I ran farther, ran faster, got stronger, and learned how to make better food choices.

I especially love this thread because it inspired me to focus on my goals for the coming year:

- Half marathon
    - Tough Mudder
    - Size 4
    - 20% BF
    - Average 120+ grams protein/day (for some reason a struggle even though I love meat)
    - Get STRONG

Cheers!