Best OTC appetite supresser

Options
Just would like some suggestions on what's the best OTC appetite suppresser (not long term I'm thinking more along the lines of 2 weeks to a month) I used green tea with hoodia a few years ago and it kick started me losing 140 lbs. Would like suggestions.. Has anyone ever tried slimquick?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Water. And exercise. Good luck.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    More protein is better idea than any OTC appetite suppresser. Protein keeps you satiated.
  • jessica72288
    jessica72288 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! But still looking for suggestions that's all not people saying don't use them.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    the main ingredient in the over the counter appetite suppressors is caffeine. Save yourself a couple of bucks and have a cup of coffee.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Water. Coffee.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Tips that you have been given are very good and free.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You'll only lose pounds if you're British ...and they will be from your wallet

Can we say " snake oil"
  • susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    coffee, high fiber and high protein. honestly none of those things work like slimquick.
  • jessica72288
    Options
    Just looking at suggestions, no condescending attitudes needed.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    There aren't any.

You've been very good advice already. Protein, water, exercise. Maybe throw in some fiber and coffee too.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! But still looking for suggestions that's all not people saying don't use them.

Well, at least you're honest, telling us to tell you what you want to hear. However, the correct advice and what you want to hear are not always the same.

Seriously, protein (I am for 100-125 grams a day) will make me feel very full. I notice the days I'm under on protein I feel "ravenous" and go to bed starving. And protein is healthy and necessary for our bodies. Questionable and potentially gravely dangerous stimulants will not have those benefits.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Only appetite suppressors I can think of are not OTC and definitely not legal. Hope you find what works for you.
  • estud003
    estud003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Coffee, HIIT forms of exercise, high protein + high fiber. I used both Dexatrim and Hydroxycut years and years ago. They worked in the short term but I had to keep upping the dose until I felt crazy. Would not recommend. In all seriousness things like burpees and sprints will for sure curb your appetite.
  • jessica72288
    Options
    Okay sounds good. Thanks everyone.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

No one's being condescending. In all honesty, those things don't work and usually have bad side effects. You can try caffeine but I have found that while it suppresses my hunger at first, I end up even more hungry at the end of the day. And yes, I guess you could always just take more but too much caffeine is very bad for you (and can kill you).

Water, protein and fiber really are great tricks! I've been told warm drinks help too.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you refuse to go the healthy route I hear speed works :s
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

You probably aren't going to find any suggestions of "easy fixes" here on this site-- mostly because there isn't one. Eating fewer calories than you burn is the only way to lose weight and using the willpower in your own mind, along with a balanced diet to keep you satiated, is the only way to control cravings. I think you're barking up the wrong tree, here.

The "condescension" you are receiving is because most of us are working our butts off tracking our calories, making sure we incorporate movement in to our daily routine, and using our willpower curb our appetites in order to achieve weight loss. We tend to get a little snippy when somebody comes in with a "How can I lose weight the easy way?" comment.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    You could try sipping clear broth. Its low in calories, fills up the belly, and warms you up at the same time. For sodium control, make your own or purchase low to zero sodium brands.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Protein.