Best OTC appetite supresser

Options

Replies

• dfargher
    dfargher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I try to always have a mug of hot tea with me (green tea if early, peppermint later in the day). The warm liquid is an appetite suppressant, as is the caffeine in the green tea, and peppermint settles your stomach. Plus it is hydrating, and the green tea is good for you. You could also try soup broth for something more savory.

I've also heard that kombucha is a mild appetite suppressant. I find it works for me, but that is likely more psychological. Still, the placebo effect is still an effect!

Fiber supplements can also suppress appetite for a little while, and most people don't get enough fiber anyway.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Actually, I can think of one OTC app suppressor that works, but I'm not going to tell you what it is, it's totes DIY and not for just anyone.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Steak.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Just looking at suggestions, no condescending attitudes needed.

They're not trying to take your money, so they're giving the best suggestions.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    IMO this is the best post written on MFP - It helped me a great deal. I hope it helps you.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1.

Good luck on your journey
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Vegetables and high fiber food.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP magic pills don't work.

Eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise = weight loss.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Actually, I can think of one OTC app suppressor that works, but I'm not going to tell you what it is, it's totes DIY and not for just anyone.

Is it an all-natural herbal extract from South America that is also clinically proven to not only suppress appetite, but increase metabolism?

source: I know a guy who knows a guy.
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    Options
    Protein powder, coffee, and oatmeal for breakfast really work for me
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Khat
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Any OTC stimulant will suppress appetite.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

Is it an all-natural herbal extract from South America that is also clinically proven to not only suppress appetite, but increase metabolism?

source: I know a guy who knows a guy.
    Lol.

No, I actually buy it at Walgreens.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Illini_Jim wrote: »
    Khat
    Oh lovely IIIini_Jim green teeth and a reduced libido ;)
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Drink 2 large glasses of water before and after eating 3 well balanced meals each day -- no snacks -- you'll loose weight and curb your appetite.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Illini_Jim wrote: »
    Khat
    Oh lovely IIIini_Jim green teeth and a reduced libido ;)
    Just wanted to be sure all the options were out there! lol :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cleaning the fridge.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A small glass of 1% milk helps me to kick unwarranted hunger. I doubt you'll find many people here who will recommend a pill for you. Try the app though, you'd be amazed at how quickly your body adjusts after realizing how many calories you're truly eating. Was definitely my "a-ha!" moment.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How about doing what people suggest and use a mix of exercise, water as well as adjusting what you eat to avoid feeling hungry?
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. Coming from someone who weighs 262lbs and LOVES to eat. Tracking is perfect but it is hard when you feel hunger, or even think you feel hunger!