Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options
I started a thread in late October, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY". We have had over 450 replies, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

Today is the beginning of a new year. A new year for me holds promises, resolutions, and a fresh start. I am ready for that fresh start.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    (After posting, you can find your way back by checking your "COMMUNITY"
    tab, then on the "MY DISCUSSIONS" listing, and all the DISCUSSIONS you
    have posted to will show up. If you click on the STAR to the right of the
    DISCUSSIONS, that selects them as your favorites. Then you can click on
    the Titles of the DISCUSSIONS and doing that will return you to the most
    current posting on the DISCUSSIONS thread.)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    JUST FOR TODAY, 12/30
    1. I will not let the past week's weight gain stop me from staying on plan. DONE :) Tonite is the 42nd anniversary of meeting my husband (yes, a blind date on New Years Eve). But I planned a nice meal, and stayed with my plan.
    2. I will stop and reflect on my many blessings of the past year, and be so thankful for my health. :) Having lost so many of my family members to death in the past 10 years is hard, but I am still so very thankful.
    3. I will keep focused on getting more healthy. :)

JUST FOR TODAY, January 1st, 2015
    1. DO a minimun of 20 minutes of exercise, whether it be ellipitical, walking, or anything!
    2. Focus on 8 glasses of water
    3. Log everything I eat!
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Joan, I like your plan for Jan 1st, and I know you can do it! It's not too much but just enough!
  • brandeka
    brandeka Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As of tomorrow, Jan 1st, just for today I will. . .

1. Log everything I eat.
    2. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water.
    3. Make exercise a priority, even if it is just going for a walk.

I was doing really well before and it's time stop sabotaging myself and get back to doing well again. I know I am an emotional eater and it's time I stopped using food for comfort. I know where I should be going for that, and it's not food.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just for today on January 1, I will,

1. Drink water in between meals.
    2. Take a look at my calorie limit, as I've had a hard time staying within my goals, or my deficit is too small to create any real loss.
    3. Realize the difference between water weight and legitimate fat gain.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Just for today 1/1/15 I will:
    1. Not complain about how cold it is, and go for a nice morning run with my partner, starting the new year off right!!
    2. In spite of being away from home, eat sensibly and choose healthy foods
    3. come back here at the end of the day and report on how I did.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

1. The scale WILL not discourage me!
    2. Remember how I got here with consistency WITH my diet & exercise!
    3. No eating after 7:30!
    4. Get morning run in, NO EXCUSE!

Happy New Years everyone, may this next year bring happiness and good health!

Joan, thank you so so much for starting this thread! I NEED to STAY focus, EVERY morning I NEED to start out on a right note! Once the day starts it seems like too much is going on to make time for me!

Monday, I had an accident but I'm a lot better, yay! A little over a month I will be relocating back to Washington State! The final a details were made this week so now all that's left is to get my moving sale started, yikes!

Sorry about not reading all the new posts but I love how this thread is helping everyone!

"If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time." Joan :):).
  • kendra784
    Options
    January 1,2015. I will drink 8 glasses of water, definitely do my situps today. And log everything I eat!
  • kendra784
    Options
    Yes joan, thank you :\
  • SandyFeet1202
    SandyFeet1202 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I'll be following. Logging EVERYTHING is my downfall...I will do it today!
  • cmcbrown
    cmcbrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1) Weigh in each morning and write it down
    2) Track food (beyond breakfast and lunch) and plan dinner
    3) Read something motivational each morning so I think about it when I exercise.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I'm in - thanks for starting, maybe this will keep me coming back each day. I have fallen off the wagon so much it is amazing I can still walk.
    -
    - Just for today, I will log everything and drink all my water.
  • tonetta51
    tonetta51 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks Joan for first telling us how to select this as our favorites. I've been gone from here for 2 yrs and have forgotten how to do anything. I think the "JUST ONE DAY" idea is great!

1. Focus on my water drinking.
    2. will do my 45 min stretching routine
    3. and will walk 1 mile
    4. and will concentrate on portion control

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Happy New Year!
  • hopelovegrace77
    hopelovegrace77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Joan. Thanks for starting this thread. I think daily motivation helps A LOT! My name is Naomi, and just for today I will:

1. Log everything I eat.
    2. Do a yoga workout for at least 30 minutes
    3. Take a 20 minute walk
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just for Today January 1 I will

1. log everything I eat
    2. take a walk. Anything is better than staying on the couch all day
    3. come back here and report how I did

Thank you for starting this. Putting it in writing makes it more real
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    1/1/15 Just for today:

1. log everything I eat
    2. do 5 minutes of meditation
    3. will not allow the scale to reflect who I am

Happy New Year!
  • JenniferLou22
    JenniferLou22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im in. Today im going to flush ou t by drinking lots of water and eating raw veggies!
  • kyungs
    kyungs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just for today 1/1/2015
    1. I will log everything I eat
    2. Do 1 circuit of T25
    3. Weigh in
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    This is something I need to remember to make my goal: I want to be @ my lowest maintenance with by March 2, my 54th birthday!

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something you do it only when it is convient. When you are commited to something, you accept no excuses, only results." Kenneth Blanchard