Would anyone like to join me for a "Just for Today" goals for the month of January

Options

Replies

• Christi132
    Christi132 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just for today, January 3rd

I will be grateful for the beauty around me and get outside and walk over 10,000 steps... even though it's winter in Minnesota.
  • ogsteinkid
    Options
    This is great! I wish I had found it yesterday!
    Just for today 1/2/15:
    1. Do today's workout, and yesterdays (because life got in the way yesterday)
    2. Stay in my goals
    3. Log -everything-!

I find that trying to make up for something done or not done from day before doesn't work. Forgive yourself and move forward. If you work extra hard the day after you missed a workout, or the day after you went over calories, you should just be proud of the workout you did and not consider it the punishment for the missed one from the day previously or the "bad" you might have eaten. Good luck and keep focusing on the day at hand!

Forgive yourself and move on!!! Love it - Lisa
  • Just_say_jess
    Just_say_jess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I did it! 30 min left in my shift and I walked twice, kept to my healthy snacks, and drank my water. I'm ready to head home where my hubby has grilled chicken breast with fresh peppers and onions, quinoa and black beans for dinner!
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    - Jan3rd Just for today I will:
    - Do better on my water; keep the sugar grams down to within my allotment; get 30+ min. of exercise; TRY to get in 7-8000 steps. I seem to have trouble getting in more most days.
    - Well I wasn't totally successful, got in just 7000 steps and did not get more water but did keep within my sugar quota and did 60 min. of exercise on the recumbent bike and treadmill.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,965 Member
    Options
    Just for today 1/3
    1. Get my run in EARLY! (I was able to get out after breakfast :\;) )
    2. 30 day shred - Day 3 :):D
    3. Healthy dinner - (We're going out with friends) :D<3o:)
    4. Drink LOTS of hot tea! I'm loosing my voice, ugh! I CAN'T GET SICK! :):):)

Just for today 1/4
    1. 30 day shred - Day 4
    2. No eating after 7 - only fruit
    3. Remember my protein drink
    4. Drink hot tea with lemon

This next week we're getting things going for our garage sale so getting the final stage for that, ugh!

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Just for today, finish the bedroom, get workout clothes laid out.
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Met my goals yesterday! Couldnt get on to post today until now.

For tomorrow::
    The only "sweet" I will have is the one cupcake left with my name on it in our house!
    I will drink 100+ oz of water
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,965 Member
    Options
    ~ I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something. ~

Neil Gaiman

• Kimmbberr
    Kimmbberr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just for today I'll go to the gym. I won't let my poor eating (which I have done for the past two weeks) keep me from starting over tomorrow.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    just for today 1/3

1. i will get in 8 glasses of water (this is a challenge on weekends, when I'm not stuck at a desk with a glass sitting next to me) :)
    2. do 5 minutes of meditation :)
    3. log everything I eat :):):)

I feel pretty proud on logging what I eat! Logging is something I have only done when I'm on top of things, so of course everything looks good. But lately, I'm working on logging the good, the bad and the ugly.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just for today

I will get a full workout done on my AeroPilates Machine
    I will drink all my water
    I will log all of my bites, nibbles and snacks
  • Laceyc2
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Forgive myself for not doing so well yesterday and start again.
    2. Drink plenty of water and log it.
    3. Make a healthy dinner to take to work!
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just for today....
    1. I will walk the 4 mile round trip to dunks
    2. I will log everything honestly
    3. I will abstain from alcohol, suga, sweeteners
    4. I will menu and prepare for upcoming workweek meals and prelog what i can
    5. I will not step onto the scale, weigh in is on 11th when i start my 300 day challenge,
  • IndependentMe
    Options
    just for today 1/3

1. i will get in 8 glasses of water (this is a challenge on weekends, when I'm not stuck at a desk with a glass sitting next to me) :)
    2. do 5 minutes of meditation :)
    3. log everything I eat :):):)

I feel pretty proud on logging what I eat! Logging is something I have only done when I'm on top of things, so of course everything looks good. But lately, I'm working on logging the good, the bad and the ugly.

Yes, I find keeping my diary secret helps me be completely honest. Other times feel like sharing it keeps from eating something i will have to admit. Try it both ways, see what works best.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Jeanmk56 wrote: »
    1/3/15
    Just for today I'm going to:
    1. Run a minimum of 5 miles and enjoy it! Did not complete 5 mikes, too much congestion and an upset stomach,
    2. Drink at least 8 cups of water. Got 8 in.
    3. Log my calories in as well as out. I have no problem logging exercise, I am not consistent with food. didn't log everything.

1/4/2015
    1. 90 minutes on bike trainer
    2. Small popcorn, if any at the movies.
    3. Keep it simple
  • shubhajp
    shubhajp Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank u ...I would like to follow this method as I had a lazy 2014
    Just for today: Jan 3:
    1) no junk
    2) keeping myself active
    3) 30 minute walk
  • Just_say_jess
    Just_say_jess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Another 12 hour shift today!
    Just for today:
    Not going to use working 12 hrs plus almost 2hr commute as an excuse to not stick to my plan.
    Eat the healthy snacks/lunch I brought to work instead of pizza/jimmy johns
    Walk to front of building three times
    Drink water
    Healthy dinner of fish/sweet potato/green beans waiting for me at home instead of hitting a drive thru
    10 min of yoga before bed

Tomorrow I sleep in and do a 3 mile run
  • IndependentMe
    Options
    Just for today....
    1. I will walk the 4 mile round trip to dunks
    2. I will log everything honestly
    3. I will abstain from alcohol, suga, sweeteners
    4. I will menu and prepare for upcoming workweek meals and prelog what i can
    5. I will not step onto the scale, weigh in is on 11th when i start my 300 day challenge,
    Okay, scrap that 4 mile round trip walk to Dunks. It is a sheet of ice outside. Perhaps I can skate there lol. Okay, for number 1 just for today I will do DDP strength yoga this morning and a 30 minute tape later tonight. Have a great day everyone!
  • MzMoore007
    Options
    1. Fill out my tracker on this website every day for food intake, exercise and BP.
    2. Weigh my self every morning and take my BP 3x's a day.
    3. Print out the summary every day and keep in a file to take to my heart/general practice doctors to report on how I am doing so I can get off all these medications.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    January 3. Just for today

1. log everything I eat :) Not happy with the results, but it is logged
    2. drink lots of water/hot tea (I think I may be catching my husbands cold :( ) :)
    3. take a walk :\ It was a very short walk. I need to do better

Yes Joan6630, these days inside are a grazing nightmare. I need to get the stuff PUT AWAY so it isn't too easy to walk past the table and grab another handful of pretzels or gummy bears. Maybe I'll just replace the goodies on the table with fruit and raw veggies. At least I should graze on healthier choices.

January 4. Just for today I will

1. Log everything I eat and really pay attention
    2. keep drinking water and hot tea. I think it may be working. :)
    3. take a walk. Outside if at all possible

Happy Sunday Everyone!