Alcohol - The Age Old Question

Options
124»

Replies

• ChrissyLowe13
    Options
    newbie and my first post- in my opinion you would loose weight if you reduced/stopped alcohol as your saving calories. Ive heard it is dangerous to stop completely if you are a heavy daily drinker, also that your kidneys prefer to have a few days gap from alcohol to repair itself so its not ideal to drink daily. If you drink alot vit b is recommended. I do like wine and over the christmas new year period have been having lots so ive joined fitness pal and map my fitness and will reduce my alcohol intake. I lost 4 1/2 stone in 1 yr thanks to slimming world and is now away of life with regards food. Re my fitness pal i would love to see them introduce alcohol under food at the moment its being recorded under my snacks but if they had a separate alcohol heading with the facility to see how many units youve gone over etc - https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ this is a good site to monitor, anyways im off for a walk as already getting dark here :-)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    newbie and my first post- in my opinion you would loose weight if you reduced/stopped alcohol as your saving calories. Ive heard it is dangerous to stop completely if you are a heavy daily drinker, also that your kidneys prefer to have a few days gap from alcohol to repair itself so its not ideal to drink daily. If you drink alot vit b is recommended. I do like wine and over the christmas new year period have been having lots so ive joined fitness pal and map my fitness and will reduce my alcohol intake. I lost 4 1/2 stone in 1 yr thanks to slimming world and is now away of life with regards food. Re my fitness pal i would love to see them introduce alcohol under food at the moment its being recorded under my snacks but if they had a separate alcohol heading with the facility to see how many units youve gone over etc - https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ this is a good site to monitor, anyways im off for a walk as already getting dark here :-)

I fail to see how this post is spam.

But for those interested in the health impact of giving up booze:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129502.600-our-liver-vacation-is-a-dry-january-really-worth-it.html?page=1#.VKmv8SuUf0c
  • ChrissyLowe13
    Options
    thanks tiptoe- must admit i was surprised to see a flag- i was merely trying to be helpful to the original post and would personally love it if the units could also be shown on myfitnesspal so when you look at the reports on myfitness you can see easily the calories and units consumed as a graph
  • Time2Change42015
    Time2Change42015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Why was that flagged as spam :-/ I agree would be good to have a seperate section for alcohol.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    thanks tiptoe- must admit i was surprised to see a flag- i was merely trying to be helpful to the original post and would personally love it if the units could also be shown on myfitnesspal so when you look at the reports on myfitness you can see easily the calories and units consumed as a graph

My home -> settings -> diary settings -> meal names. Add "Alcohol" and you're good to go. Don't know if this affects the graphs and other features that may be available from the app on a phone, but certainly your daily diary will have a separate category of meal named "alcohol" (just like breafast, snacks, etc.).

• ChrissyLowe13
    Options
    thanks - ive now done exactly the above but from what I can see it doesn't breakdown under the report tab the cals etc but its better to have wine under alcohol and not a snack lol