what do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    yesterday was a fuji apple and a nature valley honey and oats bar today was those shredded wheat cereal with the fruit in the middle....2 days ago it was a biscuit with gravy and a hashbrown from mcdonalds
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    2 turkey sausage links and an English muffin or toast

OR

Half an onion bagel with 1 tbsp cream cheese

OR

1 egg (from our flock) and toast with 1 tsp butter

PLUS - Black coffee! It's all about the coffee!

I am looking to add to the variety, these are just so easy.
  • ldiaz0303
    ldiaz0303 Posts: 13
    Options
    what i have learned is that eating breakfast is important because of your metabolism. if you dont feed your body in the morning your metabolism shuts down, and it holds on to the "reserves". the body is a very complicated system, but oh so smart lol. if it thinks your starving yourself then it will hold on to every little thing u eat.
    anyways, i do eat my breakfast everyday without fail because i have seen how it works. I HATE EATING BREAKFAST, but i understand the concept. your actually supposed to eat less through out the day. so breakfast should be your biggest meal. I have done this in the past and im doing it again (whenever i can) and i was able to lose 5 pounds per week.
    i sometimes eat brown rice in the morning, fish, lentils, avocados, green plantains,beans, vegetables. I do admit that 2 days out of the week i will eat lighter in the morning. but yes breakfast is important and i dont know how but it helps you lose more weight.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I bring my breakfast to work - I throw 2 eggs and Laughing Cow wedge into a microwave container and cook at work. Sometimes I do a wholegrain sandwich thin with peanut butter and polaner's jelly. Sometimes a cup of greek yogurt with berries, nuts and a little maple syrup. I love breakfast.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    cereal with almond milk but I eat at work on my break because I leave home so early I don't have time or inclination to eat before I go. I've tried to make a microwaved omelet at work, there a special dish you can get. 2 eggs and tiny bit of diced ham and cheese (or whatever you like in you omelets). Can't do that too often because I only get 15min and going from the 8th floor to the 17th, cooking the omelet, and returning to my desk takes too much of the break.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar
    Two slices of bacon
    I usually have half a grapefruit, but today I had grapes, cantaloupe and pineapple with 1/3 cup of cottage cheese. It'll put me slightly over my breakfast kcals, but I'll make it up at lunch.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I eat once I'm at work. It lets me sleep longer :-) plus, I'm not hungry right away in the morning. I tend to stick with Greek yogurt. Sometimes I add in a turkey sausage patty, sometimes I make a healthy breakfast casserole (no eggs, cannot stomach eggs) and omit the Greek yogurt. But it's usually Greek yogurt, with or without something else. Then I just have a mid-morning snack if I get hungry again.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Porridge (with dried fruit)
    Cereal - not great but quick and easy
    Grapefruit - probably my favourite
    Yoghurt
    Toast with butter (I can't eat spreads they are just such a wrong colour)
    Egg - number 2 in my favourite list usually as an omlette. Put it in the pan on a medium heat, jump in the shower, out the shower, flip if necessary and serve!

Depending on my shifts and the like I might even have beans on toast or something pretty heavy about 9am then a light snack around 4pm and tea around 9pm
  • blondiecon
    blondiecon Posts: 13
    Options
    2 small eggs and Sara Lee toast!!!! With water of course...
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    First breakfast (8:30AM)- Black iced coffee, Fage 0% yogurt (either cherry or blueberry) with chia seeds mixed in.

Second breakfast (11:30AM pre-workout)- wheat english muffin with natural peanut butter
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    Yoplait source yogurt (35cal), Fibre 1 chocolate caramel pretzel granola bar (100cal), Dole Live Right chocolate coconut bites cereal bar (130cal) and a cup of coffee with Coffee Mate (30cal) = 295cal
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    This week I've been eating oatmeal with coconut milk, coconut flakes on top, and fresh mango.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I eat tommorow oats (or some call them overnight oats) there 238 calories, and keep me full till lunch, full of protien, and fiber...

1/2 cup un cooked oats (150 cals)
    1 container any flavor dannon light n fit greek yogurt (80 cals)
    1/4 water

Mix together in a sealed container and let sit overnight, ready made breakfast in the morning... I love them and eat them almost every morning (unless I run out of yogurt :tongue: ) I sometimes will dice up some fruit to throw on top the morning of (my favorite are bananas or apples) The first time I had them I was like ewww cold oatmeal? But then I tasted them and I was sold! So refreshing (especially here in Florida haha)

If your still hungry though since there only 238 cals scramble a couple of egg whites when your ready to eat and that'll boost the protien up even more :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink a cup of organic coffee and nothing else. I KNOW this cannot be helping my weightless progress. I want to start eating breakfast!
    I would love some wholesome and tasty ideas(:
    Skipping or eating breakfast has no effect on your weightloss. It's a personal preference.
  • Tubatubatoaslimmerme
    Options
    I have a scoop of protein powder mixed in with my porridge :)
  • Mac_X
    Mac_X Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Leftover cheeseburger.
  • donna1501
    donna1501 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am trying Herbalife at the moment, but I commute to work by bike, so I have a cup of tea and a banana at home, then after my 6.5mile ride I have a shake in the office... Seems to be working for me at the moment.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Usually Fruity Pebbles or waffles.
  • Progman
    Progman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt mixed with Flax Seed
    Ancient Grain Toast
    Almond Butter
    Protein Drink

Sometimes I add or mix in.....

Hard Boiled Egg
    Dates
    Apricots

I try and eat a 700-800 calorie breakfast.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am up at 6 and out the door for work at 6:30. Breakfast for me is hot coffe and cereal or oatmeal at work around 9. On the weekends it just depends on the chores of the day. But if I haven't eaten something by 10, I get dizzy.