what do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    what i have learned is that eating breakfast is important because of your metabolism. if you dont feed your body in the morning your metabolism shuts down, and it holds on to the "reserves". the body is a very complicated system, but oh so smart lol. if it thinks your starving yourself then it will hold on to every little thing u eat.
    anyways, i do eat my breakfast everyday without fail because i have seen how it works. I HATE EATING BREAKFAST, but i understand the concept. your actually supposed to eat less through out the day. so breakfast should be your biggest meal. I have done this in the past and im doing it again (whenever i can) and i was able to lose 5 pounds per week.
    i sometimes eat brown rice in the morning, fish, lentils, avocados, green plantains,beans, vegetables. I do admit that 2 days out of the week i will eat lighter in the morning. but yes breakfast is important and i dont know how but it helps you lose more weight.
    No. This is 100% myth. To start with, if your metabolism "shut down" you would be dead. MEtabolism can slow down during fasting, but it takes several days of complete fasting, or many months of eating very low calorie for that to happen. The time between dinner and lunch the next day doesn't make a difference.

If it did, the human race would've died out thousands of years ago, and we wouldn't be here typing.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I love breakfast! I make my own "instant oatmeal". I put 1/2c of Quick Oats into a ziplock bag and add a little splenda and cinnamon. I bring it to work and mix it with hot water. Sometimes I will add dried fruit, nuts, or berries. My mid-morning snack is either a protein bar or a banana.

On the weekends I go all out with eggs, toast/english muffin, and bacon.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    [snip] I KNOW this cannot be helping my weightless progress. [snip]

Nope. Meal timing, the whole "Breakfast kickstarts your metabolism" are all myths. I've lost all the weight I have lost by not eating breakfast. It works for me. It helps me keep to my calorie goals and still have larger meals. I like larger meals, none of this "200 calorie lunches" thing for me.

Now, of course, there's nothing wrong with eating breakfast either, if you want to. My "breakfast" which I eat around noon is oatmeal, fruit and egg whites. Microwave the egg whites with the oatmeal, put fruit on it. Not necessarily the tastiest thing in the world, but lots of good nutrition and protein.

Edit to say: That's my breakfast because that's all things I can bring to work and leave at my desk or in the fridge. I'd probably go for something different if I could cook.
  • hot4511
    hot4511 Posts: 1
    Today just fruit, water and coffee. Usually some egg whites, tukey, and grits or wheat toast. I'm still hungry today so I sgould have ate somehting a liitle more.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Today I had 3 pieces of turkey bacon, 2 whole wheat pancakes with blackberry jam and coffee.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    You could add a scoop of protein powder to your coffee. I put my coffee, a tablespoon of creamer and a scoop of protein powder in my shaker cup, shake until well blended and then pour into my coffee cup. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar and WHA-LA!! Breakfast of champions!! :D
  • Errrica91
    Errrica91 Posts: 122 Member
    eggs + yoghurt

yoghurt + almonds

OR

oatmeal

:-)
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    I eat eggs - the perfect protein.

And when I'm tired of eggs, I have fried eggs.

When i can't stand anymore eggs, I have someone else cook the eggs because they always taste a little different.

My cholesterol is in the normal range and better than it's ever been. :)
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    During the week - usually just a protein shake with unsweetend almond milk around 8am, then my black tea and honey. I usually get hungry again around 10am at which time I have 1 cup of fruit ( I get big bags of frozen fruit and just put it in a tubberware the night before in the fridge so it is defrosted for the next day) and half a cup of vanilla yogurt.

On the weekends - we make real breakfast since we are all at home (hubby and two kids). Usually then we have omelets with turkey bacon and cheese and a side of smoked vegetables. Hubby and I split our omelet and load up on the veggies. This coming weekend we are going to try German Pancakes, which I am really excited for.
  • DeeBrownBaker
    DeeBrownBaker Posts: 145

When i can't stand anymore eggs, I have someone else cook the eggs because they always taste a little different.

hello fellow egg lover! :flowerforyou:
  • DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    When I am being 100% on plan I eat a lot of protein at breakfast. Some fat, too. Those help keep me feeling full much longer. I know everyone says fiber but I think fiber is only a small part of it. I'll tell you if I have steel cut oats and raspberries for breakfast I get hungry a lot sooner than if I had an egg, 4 egg whites and a little cheese.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Porridge - this morning with blueberries and chocolate Philadelphia, usually have fruit and chocolate on it!
    I have cereal (fruit and fiber) every now and then but doesn't fill me up the same.
    Bacon, sausages, eggs, and tomatoes!
    edit to add PB and banana on toast!
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Today: Greek yogurt, berries, walnuts, sprinkle of chia seeds, with honey.
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Almost everyday I eat the same thing, banana, protein bar and water. Rarely do I deviate because I workout in the morning and always want the protein and recovery from the combo of the two.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Weekdays @ works: Plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup berries and Kind or Ola! granola.
    Weekends @ home: egg & cheese sandwich or a veggie omelet with wheat toast and sugar free raspberry preserves, yumo.
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Today I had a whole wheat high fiber english muffin and some turkey sausage with green tea! YUMO!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    I second the refrigerator oats suggestion. Cold breakfasts are great during the summer, and I prefer the taste of soaked oats to cooked oats anyway. In the morning, I sprinkle a little dry cereal on top before eating, for crunch!

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member

hello fellow egg lover! :flowerforyou:

Ditto! I eat all sorts of eggs - chicken eggs, duck eggs, quail eggs....
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    1/2 dry old fashioned oat meal with a Tbl of chopped nuts & atop of cinnamon sugar. If I was still hungry ,would add a low fat Greek yogurt.
  • jdowski
    jdowski Posts: 5
    I love me some breakfast. My favorites are:

1 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with raspberry yougurt. (It's kind of like a parfait with granola) -- about 300 calories
    or
    An egg wrap with 2 scrambled eggs, a pinch of shredded cheese, a little brocolli, and an ounce of chicken breast. -- about 400 calories
    or
    a whole grain english muffin with 2 tbsp peanut butter. -- about 300 calories
    or
    raspberry greek yogurt with 1 cup raspberries -- about 200 calories