17 Day Diet is Starting Soon!! Join Us!!

Options
124»

Replies

• ChristinaLeeConway
    ChristinaLeeConway Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/most-popular-diets-2014

Anyhow, we officially started the diet today, and if I could delete the thread I would. I initially had titled this...looking for fellow 19 day dieters...bur then changed the title, which I wish I hadn't because it's caused nothing but grief and unwarranted spam negativity ratings. Y'all realize I'm just a 29 year old girl, over 300lbs trying to lose weight right? Im not getting paid to promote any one diet over another. Clearly y'all have lost focus on my initial intention of my post..which was just to make friends who had done this diet before or were willing to give it a try ...nope y'all are hell bent on just making sure we know that were "setting ourselves up for failure" very kind of you...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Anyhow, we officially started the diet today, and if I could delete the thread I would. I initially had titled this...looking for fellow 19 day dieters...bur then changed the title, which I wish I hadn't because it's caused nothing but grief and unwarranted spam negativity ratings. Y'all realize I'm just a 29 year old girl, over 300lbs trying to lose weight right? Im not getting paid to promote any one diet over another. Clearly y'all have lost focus on my initial intention of my post..which was just to make friends who had done this diet before or were willing to give it a try ...nope y'all are hell bent on just making sure we know that were "setting ourselves up for failure" very kind of you...

We don't want you to fail we want you to hit your goal, but you can't when you do fad diets, especially Dr Oz crap.
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    Options
    Y'all..stop with the dr oz stuff...I misspoke...dr moreno was first introduced on dr. Phil back in 2011 & has since been featured on The Doctors more than once..
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

All I was trying to do was tell you and whoever is reading this thread that it doesn't have to be this way. That's all. Two years ago, I was a person trying to lose weight too. You're making it harder than it needs to be, but you go on and do what you like.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Y'all..stop with the dr oz stuff...I misspoke...dr moreno was first introduced on dr. Phil back in 2011 & has since been featured on The Doctors more than once..

The point we're trying to make is that 90% of people that do "diet plans" or restrictive and/or fad diets end up falling back into their old ways and gaining more than what they originally lost, back. A point that has been made numerous times, with or without so many words. The key to being successful is finding an eating plan that you can sustain for a long period of time, if not the rest of your life. The majority of time, plans like the one you suggest don't last long because they are too restrictive or require too many procedural aspects to be able to sustain it long term.
  • ChristinaLeeConway
    Options
    I think y'all don't realize that this 17 day diet isn't ONLY 17 days....it's a step program...each lasting 17 days...
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I think y'all don't realize that this 17 day diet isn't ONLY 17 days....it's a step program...each lasting 17 days...

We know what it is... and the point remains the same. You're making this more difficult than it needs to be, with less chance of success than just cutting back.