quality food with taste

Options
how to control diet and emotional stress during diet plans knowing lots of diet foods are not tasty at all..

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why would you eat diet foods?

Eat regular foods, cooked well to a calorie defecit

Give me an example of what kind of food you like? Or what kind of food you imagine is a diet food?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What is a 'diet food'? Your diet is what you consume; whether that be peanut butter, eggs, cheese, burgers or broccoli.

You don't need to eat specific foods to lose weight, eat what you want, just be in a caloric deficit and you'll lose weight.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't resign myself to a life of food that doesn't taste good.That would get old really fast. Eat what you like, just eat less of it.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a diet. You should not have to deprive yourself from foods that you like.
  • engr57
    engr57 Posts: 61
    Options
    my wife suggest me to avoid sugar and salt completely for atlest 2 weeks plus no carbs and other junk foods. so i'm having boil vegetables,eggs,beans and chicken but without spices. bc of office sitting job hard to reduce my calories so just control my diet in start . what u guys done in start to reduce 10 to 15 kg weight
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Why can't you use spices? They only add 15 calories or so to meals.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I'll just live with my small deficit.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but have to say that your wife just gave you a recipe for disaster :s , i would suggest to go to pinterest, google, skinnymom.com and countless of blogs and site where you are gonna find awesome food that taste goodddd and will fit your calorie intake! hit the search bottom here on MFP and you are also gonna find many many post of people that will give you ideas of what to eat and great menu.

and the no spice thing, please just don't go there, you can use black pepper, curry, bit of salt, paprika, whatever you like and it's not gonna affect your weight-loss

if you start this journey feeling sad, deprive it, commonly it doesn't ends well.

good luck! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    my wife suggest me to avoid sugar and salt completely for atlest 2 weeks plus no carbs and other junk foods. so i'm having boil vegetables,eggs,beans and chicken but without spices. bc of office sitting job hard to reduce my calories so just control my diet in start . what u guys done in start to reduce 10 to 15 kg weight

Sounds awful and unnecessary unless you have some health condition you haven't mentioned.

I usually roast or pan fry veggies in a spray of olive or coconut oil, with a bit of salt and pepper. Other spices and herbs are also great, even if you have some real reason to avoid salt (losing weight is not such a reason). Chicken and beans are both tasty when properly prepared, but use spices and herbs. Also there's no reason to be so restrictive and cut out carbs and other meats besides chicken--just count calories and reduce your portion sizes if needed (filling up on extra veggies).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Um, what is a diet food?
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing by "diet food" you mean foods traditionally considered healthy. For example fruits, vegetables, white meat, whole wheat carbs. First you are going to need to add something to help the taste with all of those except fruit. I recommend olive oil. Next I understand your wife's idea, "healthy food" can allow you to injest a lot of grams without a lot of calories. 1 cup of diced green beans is like 34 cals, but it's a lot of green beans. It makes it easier to feel full on technically less food. That's the only real benefit of "health food" imo
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Yeah... don't listen to your wife for this sort of stuff. Or in general, not sure.

Doesn't matter what you eat, carbs, beans, or sugar , or salt, as long as your in a deficit you'll lose weight. So eat what you're used to, branch out a bit!

Maintained a caloric deficit and exercised.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That sounds terrible. :(

Personally I lost my 45 lbs by eating all kinds of food in moderation. I did try to increase my vegetable intake for health, but I did it by roasting them, adding them to stews and soups, etc. Mostly I just reduced portion sizes of the foods that I enjoy.

Whatever your plan is, it needs to be something you can do long-term. If it makes you miserable you won't want to stick with it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

OMG no no no

Spices are your friend, salt and sugar in moderation are fine too...carbs are not junk foods

Maybe you need to learn for yourself?

Weigh and log

Calorie defecit
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

That isn't necessary. All you need to do is reduce the amount that you eat. Go over to Getting Started and read the thread "A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants". It will show you what you need to do.
  • JustLoseItLisa
    JustLoseItLisa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Use spices! If by "diet food" you just mean healthy food...for example if I cook a plain chicken breast it's practically disgusting.
    I don't know why the "practically disgusting" made me lol, but that is SO true LOL!! I use a ton of spice on everything, play around with different ones to see what you like

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    OP you're from Karachi, right? Typical Pakistani food is very healthy! No need to cut out salt and sugar and spices, or to boil everything. Blech. Just eat what you always eat. Weigh and measure your portions, calculate the calories, and eat less than you've been eating.
  • DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with the people here. If your food has no taste your doomed. Grilled fish, baked french fries, anything as long as it is good for you.