Anyone else losing their desire/taste for alcohol?

Options
I've noticed that ever since I started losing weight, my tolerance, desire to drink, and taste for alcohol has gone out the window. I've noticed my stomach is way more sensitive to alcohol than it was before, and even a few glasses of wine or mixed drinks can leave me with a hangover the next day; something that rarely happened before.

I don't even have much of a desire to drink anymore. I did have a few drinks during a NYE party, but it felt....pointless almost?

Anyone notice this side effect of their weight loss? Not that I'm complaining about it (hey, it saves money and leads to no hangovers!), but I was just really surprised to pretty much lose my desire and taste for alcohol during this journey.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    No
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Not so much for taste, but calorie wise, I would rather spend it on food.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No. But I don't drink to the point of hangovers anymore, tough to do with three kids.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I thought that was just getting old....

I don't drink as much as I used to, but that's because hangovers are so much worse and it's really hard for me to workout hungover. That said, I still love wine and craft beer and indulge when I want.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

:) Me too
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

I don't drink as much as I used to, but that's because hangovers are so much worse and it's really hard for me to workout hungover. That said, I still love wine and craft beer and indulge when I want.

Well, I'm only 24, so I would be surprised if I was old already! :(
    I'm just sad because I used to love wine. I had a few glasses at the party, and I felt so "meh" about my favorite merlot.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    sassyjae21 wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »

:) Me too
    Me three
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I'm just sad because I used to love wine. I had a few glasses at the party, and I felt so "meh" about my favorite merlot.

Maybe you just need to try a new wine!
  • PRMinx
    Options

Just wait until 30! I don't know how I used to do it when I was younger. Two glasses of wine and I feel it the next day.

I don't drink so much to drink now. I drink because I like what I'm drinking and it tastes good with food.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Maybe you just need to try a new wine!

I have been experimenting a bit lately, but nothing tastes good to me anymore! I may go back to white again, since that's a bit "lighter" than the reds I usually drink (flavor wise).
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Just wait until 30! I don't know how I used to do it when I was younger. Two glasses of wine and I feel it the next day.

I don't drink so much to drink now. I drink because I like what I'm drinking and it tastes good with food.

Nopenopenopenope. Never turning 30! Lol.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I still love my wine and my cocktails, but I find it hard to justify using my calories on it most of the time. Although some of it (like yesterday's mango margarita at my favorite Mexican joint) is just too sweet anymore. The other problem is that the more you drink the more you want to eat, and I just don't have enough calories for all that.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I really do not drink anymore. Just wasted calories.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I cut alcohol out 100% when I started my weight loss journey. I don't have the desire to drink anymore but when I do I get pretty sick from just a few drinks. I don't count wine as drinking, though. :D
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I cut alcohol out 100% when I started my weight loss journey. I don't have the desire to drink anymore but when I do I get pretty sick from just a few drinks. I don't count wine as drinking, though. :D

Huh?
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've never been a binge drinker, but a glass (or two) of wine in the evening almost daily is the norm for me. It's also a huge part of the social/professional scene in this town - how you get anything done professionally in this city if you can't drink due to alcoholism or something is beyond me.

There are some drinks that I learned what the caloric intake was and have pretty much refused to touch it since then. But generally I just add the calories to my diary ahead of time and plan ahead for the wine.
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I thought I was the only one!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i dunno about my desire for it, but my ability to handle it has gone down since ive become fitter.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Nope. I've never been a binge drinker, but a glass (or two) of wine in the evening almost daily is the norm for me. It's also a huge part of the social/professional scene in this town - how you get anything done professionally in this city if you can't drink due to alcoholism or something is beyond me.

There are some drinks that I learned what the caloric intake was and have pretty much refused to touch it since then. But generally I just add the calories to my diary ahead of time and plan ahead for the wine.

My stomach just turned thinking of drinking every night. :s Not that there's anything wong with that; I have no idea why I'm getting so turned off to alcohol like that!