Anyone else losing their desire/taste for alcohol?

Options

Replies

• ForwardOsmosis
    ForwardOsmosis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I brew my own beer, so I never lose the taste for a great thing. But I do drink less than before I started my fitness plan.
  • _imperfextionisbeauty_
    Options
    I'm also going to have to go with .... No
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No, I like wine and sparkling too much to "lose my tasted for it" however, I am cutting down for this month.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I never really had a desire for booze. Plus, I'm a total light-weight, so one glass of wine will give me a buzz. In general, I drink maybe one pina colada and a half dozen glasses of wine (total) in a year's time. I'm boring like that. o:)
  • AZbike
    AZbike Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking all kinds of beer for over 40 years, along with some wine and liquor. A few years ago I started to sneeze a lot after drinking a few of my latest favorite - dark beer. I also developed eosinophilic esophagitis. An allergist found that I had developed a moderate allergy to brewers yeast. (Oh cruel fate!) I still have an occasional light beer or mixed drink, but less than before my allergy. Alcohol is kind of like sugar, caffeine, junk food, etc. - the more you consume, the more you want. I am better off without the extra calories.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am in the wine business, so this has been an interesting one for me.

In May, I had a biopsy on my neck. That required no alcohol five days prior to the test. The following week, my Dr. put me on a low sodium diet to combat high blood pressure. I decided to continue by "fast" from alcohol.

I have tasted, over the months, but did not actually drink a glass of anything until Thanksgiving. I have not really missed the daily wine, but I will say that on New Years Eve, I had two glasses of Champagne and felt it the next day. That never happened before, so my tolerance is definitely down.

• samanthamicheleB
    samanthamicheleB Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and I've practically stopped drinking altogether I've stopped liking the taste, even one drink and I'll feel pallid and gross and the next day I'll feel it ,not so much a hangover but just tell that I'm not at my best.
    After 4 or so months without any alcohol I had a few drinks (3)when I had friends over and it felt pointless,and all I wanted to do was have a shower and brush my teeth so I stopped and haven't had anything since
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I definately would rather eat my calories than drink them.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't want it as much, but I can't lie, I still want it.

I'd rather have wine/beer than bread/apps at a restaurant.

I typically plan one drink into every day of my food diary.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Actually, my desire and tolerance have increased dramatically.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've definitely noticed that I just don't feel like drinking alcohol much anymore. I've noticed that while I'm drinking I don't really like how I'm feeling and I definitely don't like how I feel the next day. :wink: But then again, who does? Haha. I guess I've just gotten so used to feeling healthy most of the time that I can't handle the effects of alcohol as well know.
  • srafeedie
    srafeedie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am experiencing the same effects. My stomach seems irritated after drinking. Am also feeling some indigestion (inability to belch). I also noticed the day after drinking, I have a headache (even only after a couple glasses of wine), and feel lousy and lethargic. Is really making me think about eliminating it for a while and seeing how I feel.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    When I was about 40, hard alcohol made me sick and I don't mean hungover... I mean sick. So I had to curtail and when I got back into the gym last March my drinking got so little that now a beer a night can have consequences and I lift at 430am three days a week and I don't want to miss a session.

I love bloody mary's though... mmmm... and football.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I liked a beer from time to time before. Now? Nope. Even on Holidays and special events, I don't have any desire to 'waste' calories on drinks anymore. Much rather spend them on sweets.

My alcohol tolerance was always very low too so I can't even imagine what it would be now than I'm 80 pounds lighter.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love wine but I can only drink a glass and a half anymore (I'm 32) and I have terrible sleep rather than a hangover. I'll only really have it on rare or special occasions if I fancy it as i'd rather have the calories that aren't empty. I've also stopped drinking alcohol when I'm stressed.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    love my wine but don't drink as much so I can buy better wine. Win Win.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Not so much for taste, but calorie wise, I would rather spend it on food.

THIS!!! I do miss it sometimes, enough to forgo food in order to fit it in...
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    I drink less, but I value it more because I have to budget the calories. At a restaurant I'll decline an appetizer or dessert because I'd rather spend the calories on an extra beer.

And this!!
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    Hahahaha! I just contradicted myself w/ my agreements... Let my clarify! I will not drink frequently because of the desire to eat more than drink, BUT if I feel like drinking I will occasionally do so, skipping the appetizer or dessert in order to do so. If I get advanced notice of going out , I will exercise that day in order to allow the extra calories that will allow me to both eat and drink! That's the best way...
  • DoreenaV1975
    Options
    BTW - I used to get sick when I drank but I read that if you drink lots of water right before going to sleep you wake up fine, or at least a lot better than you would have felt if you hadn't drank water. I do this now, every time, and I never wake up sick anymore. Plus you're less dehydrated the next day.