Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    some other fun things you can do with snow. :smile:

q668uctxp4mq.jpg

Apparently sauce for the goose isn't sauce for the gander?
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
  • UncleMac
    Options
    For all Calvin & Hobbes is usually timeless, occasionally there's one that really brings home how long ago these comic strips actually ran.... Who still owns a VCR? I have had one in years...

2e577a80850c0134ec5a005056a9545d
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I still have a VCR. I still use it for the Disney movies I bought for my kids 30 years ago. Am now watching them with my granddaughter :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I still have one that is a combo DVD/VHS machine...I have a video for cats (lots of birds and squirrels) and one of my cats insists on watching it almost every night. I also have Veggie Tales videos that I've not switched over to buy the DVD versions yet...so...it comes in pretty handy.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I always like when Calvin goes into pollster mode. :)
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Another strip linked to the past. Nowadays, the chain letters are spam emails!!

2fab0880850c0134ec5a005056a9545d
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Nice new profile photo, UncleMac! :)
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Nice new profile photo, UncleMac! :)

I'm glad you like it. :smiley:
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Another blast from the past... There are fewer of us all the time who grew up rotary dialling a phone. Fewer still have cranked a phone... and, yes, I have...

310df7c0850c0134ec5a005056a9545d

For those who haven't see a hand cranked phone...

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg0.etsystatic.com%2F009%2F0%2F6374405%2Fil_fullxfull.434161152_63mv.jpg&f=1
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    My grandmother's house had one of those when we visited and I was little, but they also had a rotary phone in the kitchen, so it wasn't like they lived in the complete dark ages. Rotary phones, hated phone numbers with lots of 9's in them.
  • b3achy
    Options
    My grandmother's house had one of those when we visited and I was little, but they also had a rotary phone in the kitchen, so it wasn't like they lived in the complete dark ages. Rotary phones, hated phone numbers with lots of 9's in them.

Yep, 9's were the worst...thought my fingers would break when I was a kid dialing...lol.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »

Yep, 9's were the worst...thought my fingers would break when I was a kid dialing...lol.

In the UK, the emergency services number is 999. Imagine trying to dial that quietly when you think there's an intruder in your house...! (Luckily I never had to. :) )

I'd never seen one of the hand-cranked phones, but hubby and I had rotary dials until maybe 20 years ago when we got our first push-button model. Might even have been more recent than that, I can't remember for certain!
  • b3achy
    edited December 2016
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    In the UK, the emergency services number is 999. Imagine trying to dial that quietly when you think there's an intruder in your house...! (Luckily I never had to. :) )

LMAO...not to derail the thread, but your comment about 999 reminded me of one of my favorite IT Crowd episodes with the new emergency number...*snicker*...even harder to dial that on the rotary...(and I soooo love British humor despite being a Yank!)

https://youtu.be/HWc3WY3fuZU
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options

LMAO...not to derail the thread, but your comment about 999 reminded me of one of my favorite IT Crowd episodes with the new emergency number...*snicker*...even harder to dial that on the rotary...(and I soooo love British humor despite being a Yank!)

Mwahaha... I'd forgotten that one! (I love The IT Crowd - certain phrases have stuck with us, like "Aunt Irma" and, of course, "have you tried turning it off and on again?"... :) )
  • b3achy
    edited December 2016
    Options

Mwahaha... I'd forgotten that one! (I love The IT Crowd - certain phrases have stuck with us, like "Aunt Irma" and, of course, "have you tried turning it off and on again?"... :) )

OMG, yes...but turning it off and on again, is a very standard IT tech answer (being a semi-IT but total nerd, myself), no matter your global location...which reminds me of last week...my church admin team leader had told someone that 'sometimes turning it off and on again helps'...which caused me to snicker uncontrollably because of the IT crowd. Hmmm, I'm thinking I need to break out my IT Crowd DVDs to watch tonight. I adore Moss. The whole Jen with the internet episode was so up there as one of my faves...but I digress...back to Calvin and Hobbes!!! ;)