Calvin and Hobbes...

Options

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    Ouch... The website I've been using for the daily updates, as I've mentioned several times, is http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/ and I've thanked them for continuing to publish the work. I am not certain why but GoComics changed their format to prevent people from copying comics directly from their website. I get that they wish to make a profit from either selling the comics or people paying for subscriptions but for the casual user like myself... Anyway, I think I can work around this but it's mildly frustrating.

I throw a snowball at GoComics and I call them booger-brains.

3d4ad640a48301340f47005056a9545d
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Yes, it's that cold!

jnpq8koj23tz.jpg

My most FAVORITE C&H EVER!!!!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    I've always wondered about the whole "sticks and stones" thing...

I know... I was always told that as well. To me, it always seems that bruises and breaks heal, but hurtful words can stay with you much longer than they should!
  • FFeric
    FFeric Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I identified with Calvin so much in my formative years that I had him tattooed on me...
  • UncleMac
    Options
    FFeric wrote: »
    I identified with Calvin so much in my formative years that I had him tattooed on me...
    Nice! I'm guessing hockey was part of your adventures since Calvin has an aversion to organized team sports.
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Nice! I'm guessing hockey was part of your adventures since Calvin has an aversion to organized team sports.

DISorganised sports, on the other hand...

New rule! New rule!! ;)
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

DISorganised sports, on the other hand...

New rule! New rule!! ;)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fckosulin.com%2FCalvin%2Fcb-1rule.gif&f=1

Exactly! :)
  • karins4
    karins4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm still moderately annoyed that GoComics decided to make things more difficult for me. Instead of simply right-clicking and getting the link to the daily Calvin & Hobbes, now I gotta do a bit of HTML searching...

I took a look at the GoComics site. If you right-click over the image and select "View Page Info" it opens up a window with the page details. If you scroll down to either og:image or twitter:image the url for these seem to be the link you are looking for. All you have to do is right-click over the link and it gives you the option to copy it.

I love your daily Calvin and Hobbes comic posts so hopefully that will make things easier for you.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm still moderately annoyed that GoComics decided to make things more difficult for me. Instead of simply right-clicking and getting the link to the daily Calvin & Hobbes, now I gotta do a bit of HTML searching...

Good for you for apologizing, Calvin... but since Susie accepted his apology and forgave him, her request for more grovelling seems a bit unseemly...

42ef25c0a48301340f47005056a9545d

I was rather surprised she forgave him so easily, perhaps it was the shock?
  • UncleMac
    Options
    karins4 wrote: »

I took a look at the GoComics site. If you right-click over the image and select "View Page Info" it opens up a window with the page details. If you scroll down to either og:image or twitter:image the url for these seem to be the link you are looking for. All you have to do is right-click over the link and it gives you the option to copy it.

I love your daily Calvin and Hobbes comic posts so hopefully that will make things easier for you.

Perhaps it's because I'm in Canada but the GoComic site here won't allow me right-click on the image. Instead, I've been going into the HTML source and copy the link that way. I'm just complaining to hear the sound of my voice. Thanks for following up though. I appreciate that!
  • UncleMac
    Options

Good for you for apologizing, Calvin... but since Susie accepted his apology and forgave him, her request for more grovelling seems a bit unseemly...

42ef25c0a48301340f47005056a9545d

I was rather surprised she forgave him so easily, perhaps it was the shock?
    It would be rather shocking, wouldn't it? LOL