Smoothie Diet

Options

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    TopazCute wrote: »
    Love me some smoothies. You got some good advice here but I think at the early stages of weight loss it's not really practical to rely on an all-smoothie diet because it's not sustainable for more than 10-15 pounds.

An all smoothie diet is not sustainable ... PERIOD!

A new account for you?

I failed to click over... this is her trolling the forum account.

Wow.. rude. Go find one post where I'm "trolling the forum" on this account.

PROHIBITED USES

MyFitnessPal imposes certain restrictions on Your use of the Services. You represent and warrant that you will not: (a) "stalk" or otherwise harass any person, or contact any person who has requested not to be contacted; (b) provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to MyFitnessPal or any other member; (c) impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity; (d) create more than one unique public profile;

You're breaking MFP TOS honey.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies and I've been having a green smoothie occasionally for breakfast, but I agree with the others that trying to do nothing but smoothies would lead to failure for me. You might be able to make one with good enough macros and micros that you could have it three times per day and be okay nutritionally, but I think you'd be pretty miserable.

I'd suggest just doing one for breakfast and then making yourself a balanced lunch and dinner. You can use the recipe builder for anything that you cook, and you can find most packaged foods in the database. For more info on logging (because it seems like you might have some questions) read this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

And can I just say that I find your attitude toward those giving advice so refreshing. A lot of times when we tell people that what they're doing isn't necessary or may not work they get really defensive. It's so nice to see someone willing to take advice.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Oh Topaz…just stop…He said it wasn't at all…you said it was for 10-15 lbs…which is wrong. WRONG.

So stop trolling. Please. It's unbecoming…and you are breaking MFP rules…so I'd expect a smack down from a mod soon enough…

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Love me some smoothies. You got some good advice here but I think at the early stages of weight loss it's not really practical to rely on an all-smoothie diet because it's not sustainable for more than 10-15 pounds.

Did you really remake your whole profile with a vowel missing? :huh:

Oh no!
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you guys a secret, but lets keep it between us. There's this magical liquid called sweat. If you can work hard enough to make it escape your body a few times a week (at least) then you don't have to worry about outlandish diets like a month long smoothie craze. ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    abatonfan wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are going to hate my answer, but you do not need to go on a specific diet to lose weight. It's all about Calories in versus Calories out. You don't need to eat exclusively smoothies to lose weight, and, especially when you're looking into losing a large amount of weight, you need an option that you know you can sustain on for months/years afterwards.

I cant thonk of a single reasonable person who would hate this answer.

OP its about creating sustainable habits to carry with you for the rest of your life. A crazy fad diet - like an all smoothie diet - isn't sustainable.

But setting a reasonable calorie deficit and eating the foods you love in moderation is. You dont need to give up chocolate cake nor do you need to only consume smoothies. Its all about balance and sustainability.

some people need a break from chocolate cake...a reset. this does not make it a fad. 2 weeks of nutritous smoothies is not a bad idea.

where is this reset button for metabolism?
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tell you guys a secret, but lets keep it between us. There's this magical liquid called sweat. If you can work hard enough to make it escape your body a few times a week (at least) then you don't have to worry about outlandish diets like a month long smoothie craze. ;)

You don't have to work out to lose weight. It can be done by diet alone.
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Options

But if you're so in a hurry to lose weight, then it only makes sense to combine diet and exercise to get the best result. Far better than a month of nothing but smoothies!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people are going to hate my answer, but you do not need to go on a specific diet to lose weight. It's all about Calories in versus Calories out. You don't need to eat exclusively smoothies to lose weight, and, especially when you're looking into losing a large amount of weight, you need an option that you know you can sustain on for months/years afterwards.

OP its about creating sustainable habits to carry with you for the rest of your life. A crazy fad diet - like an all smoothie diet - isn't sustainable.

But setting a reasonable calorie deficit and eating the foods you love in moderation is. You dont need to give up chocolate cake nor do you need to only consume smoothies. Its all about balance and sustainability.

some people need a break from chocolate cake...a reset. this does not make it a fad. 2 weeks of nutritous smoothies is not a bad idea.

Youmakenosense
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

You…I like you...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

where is this reset button for metabolism?

At first I read this as "reset butter" and thought my life was now complete, I could put that on my fat-releasing spinach :p
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Awwwww…the troller flagged me for abuse…I'd feel honored if what I posted was actually abuse…

Anyhow…This whole reset button, fat releasing spinach and probiotic packed banana crap has been awesome. I never did learn where that was sold at...
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

But if you're so in a hurry to lose weight, then it only makes sense to combine diet and exercise to get the best result. Far better than a month of nothing but smoothies!

You shouldn't be in a hurry to lose weight. Its more sustainable if you take it at a reasonable pace.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Holy cow the "Here's what you need to do" crowd needs to calm down. @Miamorcapers‌ - Do what you wanna do, if you feel the wraps make you sweat more, do it. IF you feel the shakes are taking some of your calories out of your day do it. Ignore all these "experts" and just keep up the good work!

de7e652f509899cde0d0c83be4ca8259.jpg

Okay, THIS is just funny!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    7 months down the line and now I fancy a smoothie ...at 5am ...sheesh
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Sid_Sullen wrote: »
    Seriously? A Popeye quote gets a flag?
    54732303.jpg