Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Today's bento was simple. Just leftover duck, lychee and petai green curry with a fish egg.
    up52o3mk3pap.jpg
    46py9yiworxd.jpg
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @nixology Cute egg!!! >.<
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    The fish egg is adorable. I didn't have work today but had the best post lifting/jogging lunch so took a picture of part of it. Went to a sushi place where you pick different plates as they go by and the pricing is color coded. Here were two of the plates I had.

wtkzvt40m092.jpg

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    The fish egg is adorable. I didn't have work today but had the best post lifting/jogging lunch so took a picture of part of it. Went to a sushi place where you pick different plates as they go by and the pricing is color coded. Here were two of the plates I had.

wtkzvt40m092.jpg

Oh, I've always wanted to go to one of those places! I, sadly, am the only person I know that eats sushi :frowning:
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    One box to add to the fray, leftover chicken strips, gravy, potato, and green beans 2b676c30d2cce80c5ab76232eb3586b1.png
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I either keep forgetting to take pictures of my food, or forget to post them (can't brain, have the dumb) here's one from earlier this week:
    ogvej5ay88gd.jpeg
    Rice wrapped with an umeboshi, veg, marinated and grilled chicken pieces and some tamagoyaki.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    @mangrothian if you ever want to visit Denver, I offer lodging in exchange for bentos #_#
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    @HanamiDango What kind of gravy is that?
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    @mangrothian The color contrast is beautiful. I just want to grab the corn through the screen.

@bunnyxhime It is just plain country/white gravy. For this batch I think I did
    2 tablespoons olive oil and 1.75 tablespoons butter, 5 tablespoons flour (50 grams), 2 1/4 cups 2% milk, 1 teaspoon plus salt, 3 dashes Black Pepper
    I am not exact with this recipe since I can't have it (dairy intolerant) but I cook it by the way it looks too.
  • moribunny
    Options
    @mangrothian The color contrast is beautiful. I just want to grab the corn through the screen.

@bunnyxhime It is just plain country/white gravy. For this batch I think I did
    2 tablespoons olive oil and 1.75 tablespoons butter, 5 tablespoons flour (50 grams), 2 1/4 cups 2% milk, 1 teaspoon plus salt, 3 dashes Black Pepper
    I am not exact with this recipe since I can't have it (dairy intolerant) but I cook it by the way it looks too.
    It looks so yummy; thanks for sharing the recipe!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This weekend I found some cheap but useful "Bentgo" boxes for six dollars at TJ Maxx. They're fifteen on Amazon. Might be worth checking out if you've got Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Home Goods nearby and interested...
  • mangrothian
    Options
    This weekend I found some cheap but useful "Bentgo" boxes for six dollars at TJ Maxx. They're fifteen on Amazon. Might be worth checking out if you've got Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Home Goods nearby and interested...

The US gets all the good sales *pouts*

@pixiegoddess with the cost of accommodation for me in the US with the Australian dollar being so shite at the moment, I consider that a total bargain ^_^
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

OOH thanks! I will have to go! I get all my good kitchen stuff there, and have found my only actual Bento Box there. I don't use that one much, something to remember I have!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    @HanamiDango, @mangrothian... those are some good looking bentos!!!
  • brightpebbles89
    brightpebbles89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Another member just commented on my lunch post, suggesting it may be great to post in here! My lunch tomorrow :)

da4f4jnpsdcq.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Oh, I've always wanted to go to one of those places! I, sadly, am the only person I know that eats sushi :frowning:

First time I went to one was with my dad cause he never has anyone to go eat sushi with over in Utah, but this last time I went solo after the gym. I might go again one of these days. No bentos lately as I have a cold and just doing heated up soup and such, the easy kind bought right at work cause they were on sale last week. This week, we will see after my "days off" (quote cause I worked over an hour today) and how I'm feeling what foods will happen.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Another member just commented on my lunch post, suggesting it may be great to post in here! My lunch tomorrow :)

da4f4jnpsdcq.jpg
    And such a yummy lunch it is! What type of crackers are those?

I'm lazy with my bentos atm. Salads and the like because it's been so hot. Might have the energy to get around to one tomorrow. Might even remember to take a photo too...
  • april_69xx
    april_69xx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My first Bento :) ft. the BOMBEST furit salad ever
    I also had cheese and couple of crackers :)

jtxl5v.jpg
  • moribunny
    Options
    I hope the weather cools down a bit! I love seeing your bentos o.o you are a bento master, and I consider you my bento senpai lol
    april_69xx wrote: »
    My first Bento :) ft. the BOMBEST furit salad ever
    I also had cheese and couple of crackers :)
    Mmmm...fruit salad! I never thought of putting oranges of any kind in mine, but I enjoy clementines a lot. ^^
  • mangrothian
    edited December 2015
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    I hope the weather cools down a bit! I love seeing your bentos o.o you are a bento master, and I consider you my bento senpai lol

Nyawww, I can't disappoint my adorable little kouhai now can I? *pats*

Tomorrows bento is ginger and soy pork with rice and veg. I pulled out my Christmas cookie cutter and I have some sort of Chrissie trees and some snowflakes
    57bld6hugnuu.jpeg