Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    CUUUUUTE!!! And that's a really good idea for storing stuff! I even have a couple extra of those wire squares..........
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    CUUUUUTE!!! And that's a really good idea for storing stuff! I even have a couple extra of those wire squares..........

Very cute...despite that granola ALWAYS scares me. I like that thing WAY too much haha

Just showing my dinner that will also be tomorrow's lunch :smiley:

n2woyjeaccp0.jpg
    qfvpo2ow3pf2.jpeg
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, I too have a soup container as well as thermos for hot food which I initially bought to send hot food to school for my children...then began to use for myself- hot lentil soup, noodles with prawns and any leftovers...work a treat. I use mine when I know we will all end up in some high calorie burger joint...great way to 'eat out' without all the calories...!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ah, so many bentos look so tasty! I haven't had time to mess with my bento (I'm still a super slow preparer) but I've still been eating pretty lunches. Here's today's for example: Tangerines, strawberries, a shaped egg, a brie and roasted almonds.

pecyqg4k622r.png

• SpecialKitty7
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ah, man. I can't figure out how to not make that gigantic.

Nvm, got it.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I am going to get back into it...for SURE 1/4/16!! I must, as a part of my 1)healthy living and 2) budgeting!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Love my soup thermos. A few crackers, cube cheese, and veggie chili - my latest lunch love.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Hope to be back to posting bentos soon. Finally have a day off, so getting some rest. My lunches have mostly been things like jerky and a microwave chicken sandwich. I have a short shift tomorrow but maybe can cook something up for Thursday. Trick is not to forget it on the counter at home like I did the last bento I made...
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Back from Christmas in Disney World!! I don't know if I'll get a bento made this week (need to grocery shop) but should be back to it in the next week or so
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Hope to be back to posting bentos soon. Finally have a day off, so getting some rest. My lunches have mostly been things like jerky and a microwave chicken sandwich. I have a short shift tomorrow but maybe can cook something up for Thursday. Trick is not to forget it on the counter at home like I did the last bento I made...

Hahaha, I have done that myself before too! Bento left home alone!
  • nixology
    Options
    Today's bento was roasted veggies, bread & paneer with rillettes, tossed with mixed mizuna and wild rocket with pine nuts & balsamic vinegar. Dessert was a jeju mandarin.

g4lyaqiyanhq.jpg
    saki2q7teqmc.jpg
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've been wanting a bento box forever. I almost broke down at H-mart the other day, they had these really great round ones! But I love your idea, and I'm all about it. I haven't done it yet, so I don't have much to add, but something I've seen a lot, rolled egg (great with rice, and seaweed wrappers). You've inspired me! :)
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    akern1987 wrote: »
    I've been wanting a bento box forever. I almost broke down at H-mart the other day, they had these really great round ones! But I love your idea, and I'm all about it. I haven't done it yet, so I don't have much to add, but something I've seen a lot, rolled egg (great with rice, and seaweed wrappers). You've inspired me! :)

A lot of us started out with plain old gladware/tupperware, give it a go and share your pictures :smiley:
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    @nixology - Your roasted veggies, bread and paneer looked delicious in both threads I saw them in.

So, I packed something in my penguin bento for work... Ended the year with a little mmmm. Cookies! A protein cookie and some cookies from a box set I've been picking cookies from for a couple of weeks now. Finally just letting roommate eat most of the rest cause there were too many for me and I need to cut back on my dairy or I'ma be itchy.

111pg1y.jpg
  • nixology
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    @nixology - Your roasted veggies, bread and paneer looked delicious in both threads I saw them in.

So, I packed something in my penguin bento for work... Ended the year with a little mmmm. Cookies! A protein cookie and some cookies from a box set I've been picking cookies from for a couple of weeks now. Finally just letting roommate eat most of the rest cause there were too many for me and I need to cut back on my dairy or I'ma be itchy.

111pg1y.jpg

OMG, I love your penguin bento!!! Kawaii!!!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    :sunglasses:

Here is yesterday's more healthy veggie bento. I had bbq pork jerky too (not in picture) to get some protein in. Takes me longer to post now cause I had to add the pictures to tinypic instead of just going from phone or else the image takes up the whole screen and stretches the forum page. Don't care much for that.

2ntwppd.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    First bento of 2016! Marinated pork spare rib with rice and can, wish snacks of strawberries and a salada (saltine?) cracker with peanut butter.
    6sae4of700ai.jpeg
    I've missed my bentos through the holiday break. Omnomnomnom!
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, really inspired to try marinated egs and the sesame chicken.
  • Missisnotmyfirstname
    Options
    Well, I just spent nearly a week reading through this thread! Very inspired by all your creations..
    f1se77li82al.jpg

I have made a bento for the first time today- albeit in a box that's too big so packed too much food- I'll work on that! I have some smaller boxes so will try one of those tomorrow
    The one on the left is pea, edamame, gammon and orzo salad in the top left. Red wine vinegar chicken and two meatballs in the top right. Raspberries, grapes and blueberries in the bottom.
    The one on the right is mixed salad with grated carrot at the bottom. Cucumber, carrot and pepper sticks in the middle. Beetroot and cabbage slaw in one cupcake holder. Hummus in the other cupcake holder

Well done OP, you've recruited another minion!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I have made a bento for the first time today- albeit in a box that's too big so packed too much food- I'll work on that!

Looks about right to me! :lol: YUM!!!