Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Was lucky to score some fresh baked, artisan baguette from a friend so that was my lunch. Nicely toasted with some sour cream mixed with dates and pine nuts (not shown as it was gobbled up before I managed to take a photo!). I used my new Poohbento too! LOL
    4g1svayskcat.jpg
    fa2q83u7nm9l.jpg
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ah, so cute! >///< my day is made~ I love the snowflake especially!!
    ez8r9mzfgj60.gif
  • jessyweiss1989
    jessyweiss1989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Omg this is such a good idea!!! I hadn't even thought about bento-ing lol
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    Ah, so cute! >///< my day is made~ I love the snowflake especially!!
    ez8r9mzfgj60.gif

I have to soley and completely agree with bunnyxhime.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    nixology wrote: »
    fa2q83u7nm9l.jpg
    I love how the added knife and band somehow make Pooh look like a tough guy all the sudden hahaha (silly old bear....)

It's really great for portion control, and it can be super fun!
  • nixology
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    nixology wrote: »
    fa2q83u7nm9l.jpg
    I love how the added knife and band somehow make Pooh look like a tough guy all the sudden hahaha (silly old bear....)

It's really great for portion control, and it can be super fun!

Hahaha, I call him Poohbento .... my version of Naruto ... LOL!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Lol! Poohbear looks like Rambo... :p

Today's bento :l0iipgh7wst4.jpg
    Fennel & grapefruit salad, gherkins, celery & blue cheese and some plums (not pictured).

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot to post yesterday's work lunch. Brussels' sprouts roasted then cooked with sauteed onion in pomegranate juice, then chopped in food processor with some pomegranate bits as well. Put that in the stand and stuff flour tortilla shells. Also had half an acorn squash that I just cooked in the oven. And a little bit of low sodium beef jerky for protein.

h6q2lf1xh7l2.jpg

Think I need to get another bento box, maybe one that is more square shaped. hmmm
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not my prettiest bento, but I had this weird craving for cabbage, and the hubster and I are trying to keep the fridge bare before we start buying all the f&v for Chrissie dinner.

so, steamed cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot, tossed with Lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper with two eggs marinated in ponzu sauce.
    i0arsmope1oe.jpeg
  • nixology
    Options
    Yummers, love the eggs!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I saw pickles up there somewhere.....now I can't stop thinking about them. <3
  • nixology
    Options
    Today's Bearly Bento featured sammiches made of my friend's freshly baked artisan baguette, bacon, dated sour cream, pine nuts & lettuce with some oranges and lychees.

810v8vtxuoox.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's was simple. Thin sliced beef cooked with a little hoisin sauce (that my computer wanted to autocorrect before as poison sauce, lol) and some baked yams that had a little margarine and cinnamon sugar. Packed to work in penguin bento then re-heated on a paper plate.

oarguu.jpg

Side note: anyone noticing pictures directly to forum from computer are coming out way bigger than before? Had it happen in another group too where it's a massive picture posted. I tried to post my pic but did a preview and it took up way too much screen, messing up the forum layout if I had posted. I had to upload to tinypic instead.
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love Bento boxes! I really need to get another one, thank you for reminding me! IThey're so cute and SO useful!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Side note: anyone noticing pictures directly to forum from computer are coming out way bigger than before? Had it happen in another group too where it's a massive picture posted. I tried to post my pic but did a preview and it took up way too much screen, messing up the forum layout if I had posted. I had to upload to tinypic instead.
    Yeah, i noticed that too. If I'm posting from my PC I resize the pictures in ms office picture viewer first before posting now.

Today's bento is a salad bento with a tamagoyaki. I'm pretty sure I have all my colours today ^_^
    n0kk6ch9rhbd.jpeg

• LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Now I want a bento box! I never had a homemade one. Maybe I'll try this.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    5nvkkichrn8v.jpg

Today's bento... Tuna salad with creamy coleslaw and chopped pickles (I ❤️ pickles!), cherry toms and a couple of plums.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    FINALLY got a bento again!! Leftover sesame fish, rice, and veggies, with 2 cuties in the small tier.
    hu0rvc8f8by1.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Another bento! I'm on a roll! (which will promptly end while I spend Christmas week in DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!)

Leftover zucchini turkey "burgers" (we don't prep ahead of time and chill them in patty form, so it comes out more like meatloaf, but still delicious) and broccoli au gratin rice, with a pile of somewhat bruised grapes
    hkck5zdjjkyq.jpg
  • nixology
    Options
    Not quite a bento post but a bento-related post. Just organised my bento area - still needs a bit more work and it is obviously slanted but I fixed that after I saw the photo. LOL.bl3emmp66l1r.jpg