Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Today's bento...

Chicken and salad with a hard boiled egg, babybel cheese, spicy coated peanuts, cheese and onion crispies, orange sugar-free jelly and salted caramel hot chocolate!
    upkttsi6g8gm.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Snow this last weekend, so once again, I'm bringing soup :3 I'm sure I'll eventually get back to bentos tho :p
  • bluefish86
    Options
    Chicken, brown rice and laughing cow cheese. Salad not pictured.
    n4cxn48hrfd6.jpg
  • bluefish86
    Options
    More bentos... prepped and ready to go! These have ground turkey, pureed carrot and swede, wasabi peanuts and a hard boiled egg.
    19n0leb3eoh1.jpg
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hubby's lunch for the day. Ham and cheese on french bread, pears, and smoked almonds.
    0e7edc9d7f90253dcda55492d224bbad.png
  • heather_j20
    heather_j20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    cpxn8xeddxh1.jpeg
    Quinoa tabbouleh, strawberries, and carrots
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My lunch tomorrow, leftovers, but they are always yummy the next day! Meatloaf cupcake, mashed popotoes, broccoli, and homemade miso ketchup. 321 calories total, if I don't add anything extra!!
    f3d0d7486e5c8b5418480f62e911579c.png
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    After reading the first 10 pages or so (I haven't made it through the full 103 yet), you guys have totally convinced me to try these. Just ordered myself a bento box and am so excited to start doing this! I will just use regular containers until my box gets here. @mangrothian Your evil plan worked and you have another convert. :lol:
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    After reading the first 10 pages or so (I haven't made it through the full 103 yet), you guys have totally convinced me to try these. Just ordered myself a bento box and am so excited to start doing this! I will just use regular containers until my box gets here. @mangrothian Your evil plan worked and you have another convert. :lol:

Wonderful!
    zdnxbtzfw5ok.gif

Today I have a beetroot smoked salmon bento with mini onigiri and tamagoyaki. Super noms. In the picture is also my miso soup, fruit cup (I double checked, it's definitely pears this time :p ), some freeze dried strawberries and my breakfast (matcha & raspberry overnight oats made with coconut milk and chia seeds)
    ynoiwqdvxq3f.jpg

• charis_et2
    charis_et2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    nxtu13r2mpzi.jpeg

Yayyy! After a week or so of reading I made it to the end of the thread. My bento accessories are ordered and I just made my first attempt and I am excited for lunchtime tomorrow! Thanks so much for the inspiration everyone. Tomorrow I have sweet potato yaki onigiri on salad with vine tomatoes. Snacks are soy marinated egg and clementine and a date. So fun trying to fit it all together nicely :)
  • mangrothian
    Options
    charis_et2 wrote: »
    Yayyy! After a week or so of reading I made it to the end of the thread. My bento accessories are ordered and I just made my first attempt and I am excited for lunchtime tomorrow! Thanks so much for the inspiration everyone. Tomorrow I have sweet potato yaki onigiri on salad with vine tomatoes. Snacks are soy marinated egg and clementine and a date. So fun trying to fit it all together nicely :)

Haha, love the fruit picks.

Today's bento is marinated pork belly chopped up and cooked with snow peas, rice with a furikake that makes it look burnt :/ , umeboshi and a cucumber salad. There's also a choc Wheaton bikkie, a pack of rice crackers and a tub of peaches in blood orange juice.
    tv8z14ym7h3h.jpeg
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Not done a bento for a while but tomorrow's is rice with mystry seasoning (can't read Japanese lol) some beef soboro, a salad, and an egg. I've got a miso soup too.zndo3605ogmh.jpg
  • ivygirl1937
    Options
    I forgot to take a picture of DH's bento before I sent him off to work with it. :disappointed:

On the plus side, I introduced my best friend to the joy of bento shopping and now she is addicted as well. :naughty: She ordered some tonight and she was lamenting because they aren't here yet. :lol:

On the not so good side, I ordered some more as well. :confounded:
  • mangrothian
    Options
    I forgot to take a picture of DH's bento before I sent him off to work with it. :disappointed:

On the plus side, I introduced my best friend to the joy of bento shopping and now she is addicted as well. :naughty: She ordered some tonight and she was lamenting because they aren't here yet. :lol:

On the not so good side, I ordered some more as well. :confounded:

bahaha, it's an addiction. I should post a photo of what my current collection looks like should you want to find out what the future has in store for you.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    lk5qvs2uo0ip.jpg
    Stoffer's - Meatloaf In Gravy, 1 loaf 190
    Truss - *Tomatoe, 1 _large_raw=150g 27
    Nature's Own - 100% Wheat Bread, 1 Slice 55
    Jiff - Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp (36g) 95
    Nabisco - Wheat Thins Original, 16 pieces (31g) 140
    Generic - Cheedar Cheese, 31 gram 103
    Chives, raw, 1 tbsp chopped 1
    total 611
  • ivygirl1937
    edited April 2016
    Options
    bahaha, it's an addiction. I should post a photo of what my current collection looks like should you want to find out what the future has in store for you.

Please do! I would love to see where your collection is now - and maybe DH won't think I'm crazy for ordering more already. :blush:

(Edited to add): Today!! My first bento box will arrive today!!! Not counting the couple more I ordered on Monday. :grin: I'm still a little upset that DH's box, which he didn't even know was ordered for him and was a gift, got here 4 days before mine. :neutral: Not really, it's pretty funny considering I was the one so excited about it. :lol:
  • bluefish86
    Options
    More yummy food....

Chicken and rice, salad, olives, nuts, oat biscuits and jelly!

yiz5dz0mwwe8.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Finally bentoing again! Yesterday's bento: leftover fajitas, couscous, and veggies, with a salad.
    yz7h5umfngjo.jpg

Today's bento picture will be uploaded once I have lunch later today.....if I remember.....
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    clf9oec17ufk.jpg
    Eden organic - Kidney Beans, 52 g 40
    Sweet Valley - Maderin Segments In Mandarin Juice, 78 g 32
    Great Value - Rasins 1 oz. (28g) Box, 1 box 90
    Baby Bel - Light Swiss Cheese, 20 g 50
    Farmrich - Chicken Meatballs Sun-dried Tomato Basil, 6 meatballs 100
    Jiff - Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp (36g) 95
    Nature's Own - 100% Wheat Bread, 1 Slice 55
    total calories 462
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a set of these that I got on Amazon. It comes as a set of three and the inside dividers are individual containers so you can make the box one large container by taking the individual ones out. Or you can make it 2, 3 or 4 compartment depending on the container you place in the large container.

9d55f01gvi7s.jpg