Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• Kaycham
    Kaycham Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love this! I'm think I'm going to buy one right now. Making pretty bentos makes me way more excited to pack lunch for work.
    Thank you for sharing this post! :smile:
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Kaycham wrote: »
    I love this! I'm think I'm going to buy one right now. Making pretty bentos makes me way more excited to pack lunch for work.

I think packing a pretty lunch Bento helps encourage a person to eat healthier. I have not loaded a picture mostly because I am not sure how to. I do love looking at the pictures and being inspired
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    5eii84qavvsz.jpg
    Mountain yam, hawaii, cooked, steamed, without salt, 125 g 103
    Minute Rice - Instant Rice, 0.5 cup 100
    ginger chicken, 1 serving(s) 85
    Tomatoes* - Cherry, 36 grams 6
    Trader Joes - Majool Dates, 39 gram 107
    total 401
  • Ginny218
    Options
    vzy5f8a8vn1e.jpg
    Tomatoes* - Cherry, 103 grams 19
    Sargento - Ultra Thin Slices - Provolone, 2 slices 80
    Sabra-Hummus - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, 4 Tbsp 140
    Ole Xtreme Welness - High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wraps, 1 Tortilla Wrap 45 grams 50
    Hilshire Farms Deli Select - Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Ultra Thin **, 73 g (2 oz) 65
    Celery - Celery, 77 gram 27
    Trader Joes - Majool Dates, 35 gram 96 i ate one before the picture
    total 477
    add forgot Crystal Farms - Light String Cheese (Actual), 1 piece 50
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Pinkylee77 wrote: »

I think packing a pretty lunch Bento helps encourage a person to eat healthier. I have not loaded a picture mostly because I am not sure how to. I do love looking at the pictures and being inspired

It's quite easy to post images unless you're browsing the forums from an Android phone.

On the website through a PC: Have the location where the image is stored open. Drag and drop the file into the text box where you type your forum posts, and a blue bar will appear on top of the box showing the progess of the pic upload. Once the upload is finished, you'll get some text starting with [img]and ending with [/img.], which is the code showing where the image will appear in your post. On an iPhone: There's a little camera icon just above your text box. Select it, and either select image from the library, or take a new image (whichever is appropriate). Once you've selected the image, it will upload and the[/img][img]text will appear. Android phone: You cant post images from within the app for some reason. You need to log into the site through your web browser and follow the same steps that you would for a PC. Hope this helps ^_^[/img]
  • Pinkylee77
    Options
    Pinkylee77 wrote: »

It's quite easy to post images unless you're browsing the forums from an Android phone.

On the website through a PC: Have the location where the image is stored open. Drag and drop the file into the text box where you type your forum posts, and a blue bar will appear on top of the box showing the progess of the pic upload. Once the upload is finished, you'll get some text starting with [img]and ending with [/img.], which is the code showing where the image will appear in your post. On an iPhone: There's a little camera icon just above your text box. Select it, and either select image from the library, or take a new image (whichever is appropriate). Once you've selected the image, it will upload and the[/img][img]text will appear. Android phone: You cant post images from within the app for some reason. You need to log into the site through your web browser and follow the same steps that you would for a PC. Hope this helps ^_^[/img]

Thank You!!!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Ginny218 wrote: »
    vzy5f8a8vn1e.jpg
    Tomatoes* - Cherry, 103 grams 19
    Sargento - Ultra Thin Slices - Provolone, 2 slices 80
    Sabra-Hummus - Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, 4 Tbsp 140
    Ole Xtreme Welness - High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wraps, 1 Tortilla Wrap 45 grams 50
    Hilshire Farms Deli Select - Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Ultra Thin **, 73 g (2 oz) 65
    Celery - Celery, 77 gram 27
    Trader Joes - Majool Dates, 35 gram 96 i ate one before the picture
    total 477
    add forgot Crystal Farms - Light String Cheese (Actual), 1 piece 50

Did you put the hummus in the wrap? I love the Sabra red pepper hummus, but never considered putting it inside the wrap.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    ThinkGeek is having a Star Wars sale until midnight tonight, and their RD-D2 bento is included:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/huil/
  • Ginny218
    Options
    5ruhz58bxbzm.jpg

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan Recipe, 1 serving(s) 172
    Steam fresh - Peas, 0.67 cup 70
    Mountain yam, hawaii, cooked, steamed, without salt, 110.0 g 90
    Jicama - Jicama, 65 g 25
    totals 357 40 9 29 197 5
  • Ginny218
    Options
    yes i did use hummus in the wrap, i put it between the cheese and meat so i would not sog up my wrap-i used only 2 tbs not4, never corrected that.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Is anyone following any good bento blogs at the moment. I love just bento but it's not been updated since 2014.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Is anyone following any good bento blogs at the moment. I love just bento but it's not been updated since 2014.

Not really any specific ones. Maki-chan has been quite ill over the last few years (I follow her on facebook), which is why the justbento site has been left stagnating for the moment.

Tbh, I follow pinterest boards for my ideas. If I like the look of anything, I go to the link to see if there's a better description. I also adapt quite a few things from justonecookbook.com to something bento-able.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Not really any specific ones. Maki-chan has been quite ill over the last few years (I follow her on facebook), which is why the justbento site has been left stagnating for the moment.

Tbh, I follow pinterest boards for my ideas. If I like the look of anything, I go to the link to see if there's a better description. I also adapt quite a few things from justonecookbook.com to something bento-able.

I must confess I've yet to join the Pinterest party, I will check it out :)
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Today's bento: hamburger patty, mini rice balls, umeboshi, a boiled egg marinated in soy and mirin, and some Swiss chard and cranberry salad with the dressing in the sauce tub.
    hqt74j8nakd5.jpeg
  • Pinkylee77
    Options
    sz9w175s96xv.jpeg
    Korean pork pancake or cutlet, mixed grain rice, cucumber kimchi
    My first picture post
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I've been on the hunt for decent sized carrots, still no luck. I have no idea if I like jicama, but I may have to try it out because it looks fantastic. :lol: As all my lunches look similar, here's this weeks display. Buying silicone cupcake liners may be an addiction.
    20160412_194706.jpg
    4oz chicken breast mixed with rotel tomatoes and stuffed in (and what wouldn't fit is around) a roasted poblano pepper (I was feeling feisty on Sunday and roasted a few peppers)
    95 oz of peas
    45 oz of corn
    95 oz cauliflower
    125g ritz sour cream and onion baked chips (been trying out carbs at lunch)
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'm having fun checking out lunch boxes and bits'n'pieces wherever I go. Next time I'm in Melbourne I will definitely be popping into Daiso :)

I bought a new Sistema salad lunchbox yesterday that is perfect for work snacks:

ifqlmm1rbgs3.jpeg
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have been skipping pictures lately, again, oops, but here is hubby's bento of the day, frozen country fried steak(store bought kind), with leftover hambagu steak sauce, leftover broccoli, and homemade stove-top mac&cheese.
    32ed56e6bf1f7b6c5ed24faa76308580.png
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I've got a few...

Pork chop with salad and sweet potato:
    x4bim5igjd5e.jpg

Ground turkey with boiled eggs and wasabi coated peanuts:
    3457zx8wbxg6.jpg

The same as above, but with blueberries and greek yogurt and humus and flatbread:
    bugu2ipq68fs.jpg

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I love my bent box. You guys gave lots of great ideas