LadyAhiru wrote: »
    Here is my first try!

ziwfa7v6e4lx.jpg

My first time Bento includes:

Rice with black Sesame

Chilli Sauce

Snapbeans

homemade Mini Turkey/Zuccini Patties

The whole 2 boxes only have 484 calories! ;)

The nonfat greek yoghurt with the rapsberries is for breakfast

Those turkey/zucchini patties look really good... Maybe I can get my husband to eat zucchini if I put it in a burger... Hmmmm...
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    hehe good Luck with that!
    I used this recipe for them and just made them smaller (I have some leftovers for dinner or wednesday)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/turkey-burgers-with-zucchini.html

Also since i live in a flat i sadly can not grill them but i might get myself a good grilling pan^^
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hehe good Luck with that!
    I used this recipe for them and just made them smaller (I have some leftovers for dinner or wednesday)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/turkey-burgers-with-zucchini.html

Also since i live in a flat i sadly can not grill them but i might get myself a good grilling pan^^

Oh my gosh, this is funny...

I was browsing skinnytaste yesterday and I came across that recipe and thought "I should make these"... And when you posted the pic I knew I had to try them.
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    :D Haha awesome! I just had so many zuccinis left and i got some turkey from my mum today so i just googled what to do with them and this was the first thing i found that looks good and easy to make! ;)
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    Living in Austria it is so hard to get cute Bento stuff. I can basicly only order from CasaBento which is not the cheapest site but still better than having to pay 40 euros delivery AND also customs duties ;(
  • Narcissora
    Options
    Today's lunch is similar to yesterday's:

nwsj1fzv81wt.jpg

Mediterranean chickpea salad garnished with red onions that I pickled last night, egg salad in a lettuce cup, apples tossed in lemon juice, raisins.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    And now I have a print-out for zucchini turkey burgers :)

Yesterday I had to scarf my bento in about 7 minutes (I hate my job and almost all the people I work with) and today I don't have a bento :( Hopefully I'll be able to throw together one or two tonight. My husband's planning to cook us a Cornish game hen, so we should have some chicken leftover, and there are already leftover veggies and sides in the fridge.
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ie9crbfgpctk.jpg
    Today's bento:

Layer 1: Taco seasoned ground turkey, avocado, and mango

Layer 2: Grapes, chipotle egg salad, cabbage and tomatoes. I think I'm going to use my egg salad as my "dressing"

PS I was so asleep while making this that I didn't notice until halfway through that I was using the bottom of my cutting board rather than the top. Maybe making my bento when I first wake up isn't the best plan... ;)
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    Now i want to buy some Avocado!
    I found that i could not eat all of my lunch today O.o
    1/3 of the rice and two of the patties (I packed 4) were leftovers! That never happend to me before!
    Maybe i pack less for tomorrow
  • sagj
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    Today's lunch is similar to yesterday's:

Mediterranean chickpea salad garnished with red onions that I pickled last night, egg salad in a lettuce cup, apples tossed in lemon juice, raisins.

Do you just pickle your onions in vinegar? I've been meaning to make some pickles to add to my boxes and pickled onion is one of my favorites.
  • Narcissora
    Options
    sagj wrote: »
    Do you just pickle your onions in vinegar? I've been meaning to make some pickles to add to my boxes and pickled onion is one of my favorites.

I pickled them in rice vinegar, salt, and sugar using this recipe as a sort of "how-to" base, but I modified it a little bit because I could only find really tiny canning jars in my house.

One thing I can't figure out is how to track it accurately. I mean, I'm only eating the onions, not the liquid, so do I still track all of the sugar calories, or is there a better way to estimate? I might just pull up a generic pickled onion entry and add it to my diary (but I hate having to do that).
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    All the lovely lunches <3 Not doing much as far as lunch goes, my hubby's schedule is crazy this week and my lunches are all salads this week.
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    Mx qjcruk536lcd.jpg

My Bento for tomorrow ;)
    The Onigiri are filled with Tunamayo ;)
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The weather has turned to absolute <insert random curseword here> in Melbourne, so I'm alternating Bento and soup for the moment (my office isn't the warmest of places!). Today's is similar to some of my recent ones - I only got home at 11pm last night, so I wanted something quick:

Mini-sausages, kale coleslaw and 2 onigiri, totalling 400cal, along with a banana & yoghurt and a container of rice porridge/okayu. This time the onigiri have yuzu pepper paste mixed through with a pickled plum in the centre. Yuzu pepper paste is a slightly spicy and sweet savoury flavoured pepper that is sold in a green paste in a tube (not to be confused with Yuzu citrus, which is something else entirely lol).
    sqcg8yvm5igy.jpg
    On a related note, I had yuzu tonkotsu ramen last night and it was sooooooooo good. I'm drooling just thinking about it.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    @mangrothian I googled yuzu tonkotsu ramen and wow, that looks so yummy!!

I keep seeing all this sausages and now I really want some too!!

Hubby's lunch (mine too, sides subbing a salad for the green beans). Trader Joe's beef ravioli with homemade tomato sauce, green beans, and mozzarella cheese. Around 510 cals for his, mine is 610-ish. I like my salads on the bigger side ^_^
    ae68f91e71e540cc0b1274b46ee4be8c.png
  • sagj
    Options
    uhrrf217jmxk.jpg
    Lunch for tomorrow:

Layer 1- shrimp with broccoli and tomatoes tossed with Italian dressing

Layer 2- salad with spring greens, sunflower seeds, Gorgonzola and mushrooms and strawberries with scratch vanilla bean pudding (not made by me). Salad served with honey mustard dressing.
  • sagj
    Options
    Mx qjcruk536lcd.jpg

My Bento for tomorrow ;)

Yum! I love that box too. Do you know how many mls it is?
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    sagj wrote: »
    Mx qjcruk536lcd.jpg

My Bento for tomorrow ;)

Yum! I love that box too. Do you know how many mls it is?

Thank you^^
    The bix has 2 250ml compartments ;) so its for 500ml
    I think i will get a bigger one at my next Casabento Order ( A friend and i always order together to share shipping costs)
  • Narcissora
    Options
    gixvj2zggdy4.jpg

Rice with nori komi furikake and pickled red onion, cucumber, samosas from Trader Joe's, tomato, boiled egg.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Big tier: leftover quinoa/rice mix and my asparagus dish (asparagus, almonds, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil)
    Small tier: ham, Gruyere, almonds, and a Dove chocolate

suos1bp2e268.jpg