Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Today stir fry lamb with capsicum and onion, rice, banana, apple and special k biscuits :)

wfss0izy9gkc.jpg
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    madiao wrote: »
    Today stir fry lamb with capsicum and onion, rice, banana, apple and special k biscuits :)

wfss0izy9gkc.jpg

It's funny, we have those same "biscuits" but here they're called Pastry Crisps.

500BCA5F-C142-3DF2-4300-9663E5F543B7.jpeg
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Interesting. We have lots of Kellogs Products in Austria but i have never seen any thing like that ;)
  • misfit_nemesis
    misfit_nemesis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All that is b.s and nonsense don't eat rice nor potatoes stick to chicken breast and steamed veggies
  • madiao
    Options
    @SnuggleSmacks haha that's weird! I've never heard of biscuits being called "pastry crisps" before. I guess what you guys called biscuits is something else though isn't it?
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    madiao wrote: »
    @SnuggleSmacks haha that's weird! I've never heard of biscuits being called "pastry crisps" before. I guess what you guys called biscuits is something else though isn't it?

Scones generally. When I first heard the term "biscuits in gravy" from a Texan, I had a real 'wtf' moment.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    All that is b.s and nonsense don't eat rice nor potatoes stick to chicken breast and steamed veggies

Trollolloll. Begone to a forum post where people allow negative nancies. Enjoy your bland food ^_^
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hey now- biscuits and gravy are damn fine food. ;) But biscuits are very different from scones- both in texture and taste. Sadly, I can't have either anymore until I work out some gluten free versions. :(
  • madiao
    Options
    @mangrothian I don't think they know the true meaning of the word scones ;)
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Trollolloll. Begone to a forum post where people allow negative nancies. Enjoy your bland food ^_^

*snicker*
  • Narcissora
    Options
    Today's bento: leftovers from eating out last night! I tried to make it pretty, but sometimes bento-ing leftovers is tricky.

122kk6k0ncd9.jpg

Leftover chicken with portobello from Applebee's, banana, dill pickles, tomato with babybel.

Does the chopped up babybel look like I tossed my tomato with mini marshmallows, or is it just me?
  • mangrothian
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    Hey now- biscuits and gravy are damn fine food. ;) But biscuits are very different from scones- both in texture and taste. Sadly, I can't have either anymore until I work out some gluten free versions. :(

@kramrn77 hehe, I wasn't saying they're a bad thing at all. But in Australia biscuits are cookies, so to hear "biscuits and gravy" sounds like dunking an oreo in your favourite thickened meat juices. Said friend from texas gave me a recipe for biscuits, and they're pretty much the same recipe as scones for us.
    Narcissora wrote: »
    Today's bento: leftovers from eating out last night! I tried to make it pretty, but sometimes bento-ing leftovers is tricky.

Leftover chicken with portobello from Applebee's, banana, dill pickles, tomato with babybel.

Does the chopped up babybel look like I tossed my tomato with mini marshmallows, or is it just me?

To me it looks like some of your banana migrated. The chicken looks delish
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

122kk6k0ncd9.jpg

It may be tricky but you did an excellent job :smile: Don't make me think of marshmallows; I'm organizing a game of chubby bunnies at our end of school year picnic and my office is full of marshmallows. I can say for a fact your cheese is distinctly different looking than marshmallows :smiley:

Here is my box for today:

fjk328riedtj.jpg
    Layer 1- some sort of sushi roll (more explanation later) mango

Layer 2- bbq pork rib meat and Gorgonzola/tomato/spring mix salad
  • Narcissora
    Options
    sagj wrote: »

fjk328riedtj.jpg

I want to eat ALL OF THIS.

Now a bit about mango: I LOVE it. However, I can't ever find good mango here. I bought a mango at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago. It was rather green, but I thought that if Iet it sit out long enough, it would be okay to eat... I was wrong. It went from underripe directly to putrid. I then bought a slightly less green mango at Wegman's, and the same thing happened. Wegman's also sells three-packs of really tiny organic mangos, and they look reasonably-ripened, but I have completely lost trust in purchasing mangos locally, so I am afraid that I will blow another $5 on bad mangos if I try them out.
  • LadyAhiru
    Options

fjk328riedtj.jpg

I want to eat ALL OF THIS.

Now a bit about mango: I LOVE it. However, I can't ever find good mango here. I bought a mango at Trader Joe's a few weeks ago. It was rather green, but I thought that if Iet it sit out long enough, it would be okay to eat... I was wrong. It went from underripe directly to putrid. I then bought a slightly less green mango at Wegman's, and the same thing happened. Wegman's also sells three-packs of really tiny organic mangos, and they look reasonably-ripened, but I have completely lost trust in purchasing mangos locally, so I am afraid that I will blow another $5 on bad mangos if I try them out.

Omg these two boxes look absolutly delicious!
    Now i have a mango craving! *writes mango on grocery shopping list for tomorrow*
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Agreed, I thought it was the ends of your banana at first
  • LilSweet2015
    LilSweet2015 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so glad I found this group. I've been doing bento for years - first for my daughter (when I did really elaborate stuff) and now I do lunches for her plus myself and my boyfriend. She's in 8th grade now so the portions and containers have changed a lot, but it's just part of my routine now.

The main containers I use now are Easy Lunch Box - some people complain that they leak, but we've never had a problem and they stack well and are all just one bottom and one lid- versus fishing around for the lids to all the tiny containers. I also use a set of glass dishes with removable lids - they don't have compartments, but there are a variety of sizes. With the exception of the Easy Boxes, we don't use plastic in the kitchen anymore.

I can't wait to figure out how to post some pictures on here!
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    On the buttom of the page where you post a comment are little symbols- If you click the one that looks like that 24nww0ro2mya.jpg

you can post a picture ;)
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Big tier: leftover chicken fajitas, mixed veggies, and mac-n-cheese
    Small tier: salad with balsamic vinaigrette in the Hello Kitty sauce cup

xeq38rkzbbig.jpg
  • madiao
    Options

Agreed, I thought it was the ends of your banana at first[/quote]

I agree too! That looks so tasty!!

fjk328riedtj.jpg

This also looks amazingly delicious!! Mmm sushi...

Today's lunch, rice, cherry tomatoes, carrots and lettuce, teriyaki chicken, dumplings, apple amd banana. Definitely looking forward to lunch today :smiley: I love dumplings!!

zgiilhj36m2m.jpg