Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Didn't take a pic due to phone being dead, but may take one tomorrow. It isn't too cute, but a bento has been made for work tomorrow!

Two plain nori-wrapped triangle onigiri, a plain small bear-shaped onigiri [no wrap], some soy strips in a spicy red Korean BBQ sauce, lazy tamagoyaki [didn't bring out the square pan, just folded it in my large round one and cut the sides], with a side of Ozuke [<3] and some shiitake mushroom. This lunch is planned to last me both Thursday and Friday. xD
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I did have pictures of my lunch, but the update for my Samsung has decided to also not let it be recognised by my computer :(

It was udon with a miso base, mixed mushrooms and prawns. It was delicious.
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a mason jar sald today so no new bento pics ;)
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Finally got brave enough to try the gem wraps. I just threw together a pastrami and chicken wrap with a slice of havarti cheese- will see how that works. Added carrots and ranch dressing and a plum and berries for a total of 485 calories and a large apple for a mid morning snack at 130. It's not pretty. But it's made and it's better then fast food!
  • cleanbulk_hatersgfy
    cleanbulk_hatersgfy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I grew up using bento boxes! My mum would buy different kinds (from hello kitty to anime designs) from Japan every time she comes home to visit. Growing up I was the only kid in class who brought bento boxes for lunch I felt rather different :smile: It is only now I have more appreciation for them. Good thing, my mum kept all my bento boxes!! Have a good one!
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No bento for me today since my coworkers are taking me to lunch for my birthday. Have a fun day everyone!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    No bento for me either. Company picnic is today, so I'll be eating free food :)
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use bento boxes during the school year for my lunches. As a teacher, food on the go is my mantra. Mine are loaded with vegetables, lean protein, a serving of fruit, and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of rice or quinoa. On the days I don't have eggs for breakfast, I will add a japanese rolled omelet as well.
    I used several different kinds of boxes as well and all the fun cups to separate foods. Leaf lettuce also gets used to separate foods.
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @sagj !!!!!

cg9j41g68djl.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    sagj wrote: »
    No bento for me today since my coworkers are taking me to lunch for my birthday. Have a fun day everyone!

Awesome, hope everything tastes delish! たんじょうび おめでとうございます!
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    Happy birthday! Still no bento pic. I slept horribly, woke up even worse. Ended up feeling too bad to bring my bento [had nuts & berries for lunch instead].
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    <3 I will maybe start taking pictures once my bento box comes in. So far they aren't nearly as cool as everyone elses but I made black bean patties last night and made an awesome one with those, cherry tomatos, hard boiled egg, raw mushrooms, and some grilled chicken for the Misters protein!
  • irisgal345
    irisgal345 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'll post picks of some of mine next week
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lunch for today: rice, rolled beef, kimchi, lettuce tomato and diakon :smile:

kugzghujdtub.jpg
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    Not exactly a bento [for nowwww], but... Homemade dashi stock! Made a great soup with it. Tofu, bok choy, shirataki noodles, and shiitake mushrooms... Aww yeaaahhh.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    mvqfdptrwfyi.jpg
    Ok- not pretty, but at 447 calories and with actual nutrients and stuff, it's a heck of a lot better then fast food!
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    mvqfdptrwfyi.jpg
    Ok- not pretty, but at 447 calories and with actual nutrients and stuff, it's a heck of a lot better then fast food!

Your gemwrap looks pretty and not soggy. Yum!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    sagj wrote: »

Happy belated Birthday!!!
  • khans1999
    khans1999 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good job! I like bento boxes too! I have one.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Today's lunch, 609 cal:
    fat-free yogurt
    2 peaches
    1 pear
    hard-boiled egg (shaped like an egg, 'cause I didn't get my molds out)
    rollup: whole wheat tortilla, mayo, mustard, swiss cheese, turkey bologna
    the mashup to the left is vanilla yogurt, raspberries, and dry oatmeal, but I ended up not eating that

20152006202620bento_zpson1jl8nt.jpg

It just occurred to me that maybe I could use a smear of brie instead of the mayo & mustard.
    Oh, and I had popcorn for a snack.