48 pounds in 11 weeks! 4.36 lbs per week! I survived the holidays!

Options
I'm excited! I have Los 48 pounds in 11 weeks. My halfway goal is 53! I'm getting closer and closer! 5pounds more and I'm halfway of my journey! :D

Replies

• JACKIEGG
    JACKIEGG Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What are your go-to foods to help you lose this much in a week?
  • jordyneargle
    Options
    I wondering the same thing ^^
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No offense to the OP, but losing a large amount of weight in a short period of time is oftentimes the norm when you have a lot to lose. If you only have 10 pounds to lose, you won't have the same results even if you ate and exercised the exact same as the OP.

The "secret" to losing weight is eating in a deficit. Filling up on veggies and protein is one way to keep you in a deficit while filling you up for relatively low calorie.

ETA: fix spelling fail.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done honey, you're doing great! Xx
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do not restrict my calories at all! I eat grains, fruits, vegetables and all kind of sea food! Also I eat gluten free food! I do not pay attention to calories. Counting calories stress me out.
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that...
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think I will have to go with the slow and steady way, since I have an easier time with calorie discipline than with gluten discipline. I have tried to cook gluten-free for a relative and it stressed me and my budget out.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Why eating gluten free? Allergic?
  • kiwi_gros
    kiwi_gros Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    No offense to the OP, but losing a large amount of weight in a short period of time is oftentimes the norm when you have a lot to lose. If you only have 10 pounds to lose, you won't have the same results even if you ate and exercised the exact same as the OP.

The "secret" to losing weight is eating in a deficit. Filling up on veggies and protein is one way to keep you in a deficit while filling you up for relatively low calorie.

Im just letting you know it really all depends on SW because if you are considered morbidly obese (i HATE that teem but it's the medical one) and you did not exercise really at all before this, then it's actually normal for that to happen. Whenever i start again after a long while i always start losing 3-4lbs a week n im only 220 without even trying to lose that much. Once her body starts to really get used to the healthy lifestyle then she will stay losing 1-2lbs a week and eventually (sadly) get into a plateau. So id say as of right now her weight loss is fine :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done lass :smile:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Good work!! Keep it up :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! I have Los 48 pounds in 11 weeks. My halfway goal is 53! I'm getting closer and closer! 5pounds more and I'm halfway of my journey! :D

Not to be a negative Nancy but unless you are severely obese that might not be the best idea. I don't know what you weigh....or your bodyfat percentage. But I do know generally if you are losing that quickly odds are a good bit of it is muscle. Since muscle is one of the only real ways to increase your BMR you really should try to maintain as much of it as you can.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you don't count calories, can you say more about how you lost so much?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    great job on the loss thus far. please don't be disappointed when the loss rate slows down.
    if you're not restricting calories, what is it that you are doing to lose? you must be at a deficit in order to be losing, but i hope your deficit is indeed a healthy one. also curious as to why gluten free.
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    Why eating gluten free? Allergic?

I noticed since I stop using grains and foods containing gluten my asthma is gone. I used to carry at all times my rescue inhaler (albuterol ). Since I'm eating gluten free I have not been using it at all. I have asthma since I was born. I started to notice that if I eat wheat products my neck and my body start to swell. My husband advised to me to stop eating bread and that's how I noticed the positive change in my body.

• tifsimmons91
    tifsimmons91 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    nice job, keep up the hard work! :smiley: can u tell me what exercises you do? i need some tips to lose 50lbs myself
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm interested in things here. I'm just going to watch for awhile.
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    My starting weight was 271 on October 21, 2014. My goal is 165. As off January 3 my weight was 223. So far I have lost 48 pounds and I feel proud of myself. I'm doing a lifestyle change for my wellbeing. I recognize my own eating mistakes. Today I'm choosing my food wisely. So basically that's what matter at the end. Like I said before I do not count calories but when I go to the store I always look for the sugar amount on all the processed products, the same with the fats. I use healthy fats like extra virgin cold press olive oil, olives, avocados, almonds, cocout oil, coconut milk and peanuts. My sugars come from splenda, turbinado sugar, coconut sugar and agave syrup. I do not eat white rice or bread at all.Just corn bread or corn tortillas. I eat fruits, vegetables and seafood until I feel full. I eat between 4 and 5 times daily. I have not feel weak or have lost muscles at all. Only fat and most of it comes from my mid section.☺
  • rosieenchill
    rosieenchill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I also stop having asthma attacks when I stopped eating gluten and other processed foods. I lost 70lbs myself after baby number 3 I am 5ft 10inches after baby went from 257 in May 2012 to 170lbs by August 2012 using Dr. Furhman's eat to live book. I still follow the principles I am now 188 lbs have maintained the weight I most doing weight training using kettle bells but most eat vegan except seafood once in a while.
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »

Calm down and relax this website is for people seeking support. I cannot keep track of each single word when I deal with autocorrect on my phone! I'm proud of my outcome and I want to inspire and support others. I'm not here to seek any kind of conflict.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!