48 pounds in 11 weeks! 4.36 lbs per week! I survived the holidays!

Options

Replies

• opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well done! It sounds like you are eating really healthily. Many congratulations.
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    nice job, keep up the hard work! :smiley: can u tell me what exercises you do? i need some tips to lose 50lbs myself
    The only exercise I do is walking at the park or at the mall for at least 45 minutes.
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    Keep up the good work. I also stop having asthma attacks when I stopped eating gluten and other processed foods. I lost 70lbs myself after baby number 3 I am 5ft 10inches after baby went from 257 in May 2012 to 170lbs by August 2012 using Dr. Furhman's eat to live book. I still follow the principles I am now 188 lbs have maintained the weight I most doing weight training using kettle bells but most eat vegan except seafood once in a while.

Congratulations! I'm glad, I'm not alone. It Is the first time that I have heard of Dr. Furhman. Can you share a bit about his principles? Thank you!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! I have Los 48 pounds in 11 weeks. My halfway goal is 53! I'm getting closer and closer! 5pounds more and I'm halfway of my journey! :D
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    No offense to the OP, but losing a large amount of weight in a short period of time is oftentimes the norm when you have a lot to lose. If you only have 10 pounds to lose, you won't have the same results even if you ate and exercised the exact same as the OP.

The "secret" to losing weight is eating in a deficit. Filling up on veggies and protein is one way to keep you in a deficit while filling you up for relatively low calorie.

ETA: fix spelling fail.

Calm down and relax this website is for people seeking support. I cannot keep track of each single word when I deal with autocorrect on my phone! I'm proud of my outcome and I want to inspire and support others. I'm not here to seek any kind of conflict.

I think the poster is saying she edited her own post for a spelling mistake?
  • snyderali
    snyderali Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :D GREAT JOB!!!
  • LindaLee2015
    Options
    Great job! I notice when I quit eating processed flours that I feel much better. And I love Dr. Fuhrman. You can probably find Kindle editions of his books priced quite nicely on Amazon. He's been around for awhile. Also, if you have Netflix, there are some documentaries on people who change how they're eating similar to what you're doing, and he appears in one or two of those. I suppose the videos can be found elsewhere but I saw them on Netflix. Thanks for sharing your process!!!
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    Great job! I notice when I quit eating processed flours that I feel much better. And I love Dr. Fuhrman. You can probably find Kindle editions of his books priced quite nicely on Amazon. He's been around for awhile. Also, if you have Netflix, there are some documentaries on people who change how they're eating similar to what you're doing, and he appears in one or two of those. I suppose the videos can be found elsewhere but I saw them on Netflix. Thanks for sharing your process!!!
    Thanks for the info! Yes I do have Netflix and Hulu. I'm going to check right now!
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Yes I do have Netflix and Hulu. I'm going to check right now!

I check both Netflix and Hulu. So far I found one great documental about Dr. Furhman's on Netflix.
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great success! Keep pounding! :)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    *woot woot* AWESOME!!! Way to stay strong & focused!!!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Keep up the good work!
  • Peaches160
    Peaches160 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are doing great :D
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 271 on October 21, 2014. My goal is 165. As off January 3 my weight was 223. So far I have lost 48 pounds and I feel proud of myself. I'm doing a lifestyle change for my wellbeing. I recognize my own eating mistakes. Today I'm choosing my food wisely. So basically that's what matter at the end. Like I said before I do not count calories but when I go to the store I always look for the sugar amount on all the processed products, the same with the fats. I use healthy fats like extra virgin cold press olive oil, olives, avocados, almonds, cocout oil, coconut milk and peanuts. My sugars come from splenda, turbinado sugar, coconut sugar and agave syrup. I do not eat white rice or bread at all.Just corn bread or corn tortillas. I eat fruits, vegetables and seafood until I feel full. I eat between 4 and 5 times daily. I have not feel weak or have lost muscles at all. Only fat and most of it comes from my mid section.☺

Great, sounds like you found a way of eating healthy, at a deficit, enjoying it and losing weight - without the stress of counting. That's the dream. Many people have that dream (you see a lot of "Ugh will I have to count for my whole life" posts) - If I could trust myself more, I'd love to not count calories.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    No offense to the OP, but losing a large amount of weight in a short period of time is oftentimes the norm when you have a lot to lose. If you only have 10 pounds to lose, you won't have the same results even if you ate and exercised the exact same as the OP.

The "secret" to losing weight is eating in a deficit. Filling up on veggies and protein is one way to keep you in a deficit while filling you up for relatively low calorie.

I agree . . . and I've experienced it myself. When I first started, it was so easy to lose - I dropped like 20 - 25lbs the first month. But it gets progressively harder to keep that deficit
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as how no longer eating gluten can cure your asthma? Are you sure it's not due to your weightloss and increased exercise? because both those things will definately help.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! I have Los 48 pounds in 11 weeks. My halfway goal is 53! I'm getting closer and closer! 5pounds more and I'm halfway of my journey! :D

Calm down and relax this website is for people seeking support. I cannot keep track of each single word when I deal with autocorrect on my phone! I'm proud of my outcome and I want to inspire and support others. I'm not here to seek any kind of conflict.
    No one is being unsupportive. Several people posted wanting to know your "secret" for fast weight loss; there isn't one. You're losing faster because you have a lot to lose. And the typo was in regards to her own post. She corrected her own post to fix a spelling error.

You seem new to forums in general and common phrases used in forums. Before you assume everyone is attacking you, spend some time reading and getting used to how forums work...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome! Great job!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    OP I am not knocking your diet or how you eat. You can be gluten free, low carb, sugar free, what ever you want.

I will say one thing though, not counting your calories WILL catch up to you. Your current "diet" is working because you have simply created a deficit replacing less nutrient dense foods (which tend to be higher calorie) with more nutrient packed foods (which tend to be lower calories) and you are probably moving more (burning more calories on top of that).

You will get to a size where you will be eating to you your intake and stop losing weight or eating to extra and start gaining weight.

It is entirely possible to gets fat on lettuce and apples as it is on cake and chocolate.

There are tools you need to stay healthy that is a good sound knowledge of thermodynamics (calories in/out), and a food scale to get precision accuracy of what amount of energy you are consuming.

Good luck on your journey.

See you when you realize you "need" to count calories as it will catch up eventually.

wow that would be a lot of lettuce. 53 cals per head. About 45 heads a day, think i will stick to Duck fat ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I started out eating similarly this time last year, OP. I ate healthier foods and didn't count calories. By eating a ton of veggies and fruit I kept feeling full. The weight loss slowed down and I eventually started counting calories later in the spring. But I still think that starting off that way is a good method as long as it works for you. Good work so far and congratulations :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!