Replies

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I see that this has been scrubbed...nice!

Lol. Now that guy is PM'img me.

really?

ask him how you can look like gerad butler if you are 5-10 140 pounds, gain no weight, and work out in the 3-5 rep range...

I mean, theoretically you could look like Gerard Butler by doing that if you already WERE Gerard Butler (albeit a skinnier, weaker version of himself)...

I wouldn't mind being Gerard Butler. He's dreamy.

Wait....what???? Damn.

It's okay, man. We've all been there.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Prior to reading this thread, I would have thought it was impossible to over-think and over-analyze something as simple and basic as weight lifting. Maybe I am just out of touch, but this always worked pretty well for me: Whenever I increased my food intake and regularly lifted heavy weights, I got big muscles. Whenever I cut my food intake and did more reps, those very same muscles got ripped. But from what I can tell by this thread, I must be a fluke.

tumblr_mf4z7kgXCj1rlwl19o1_400.jpg

;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

really?

ask him how you can look like gerad butler if you are 5-10 140 pounds, gain no weight, and work out in the 3-5 rep range...

Nah, I'm not a fan of PM's. I usually don't go back and forth unless I know the person.

ha! He pm'ed me too
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

really?

I mean, theoretically you could look like Gerard Butler by doing that if you already WERE Gerard Butler (albeit a skinnier, weaker version of himself)...

Wait....what???? Damn.

Who can blame you?

pa1nfcmpzx47.jpg

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Awwwwww. I'm a sad panda. I got left out of the PM circle jerk. :(
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    The weight machine I use only has 10 pound increments.

I suggest you get off the machines and into the free weight room
    Ordinarily that wouldn't be a problem, except that I workout at home with only a pair of 20 lb dumbbells as free weights. An alternative would be to drive to my old school where they probably do have free weights in their gym, but I'd prefer not to abandon the equipment in my own home and make a special trip there just for that. Plus, Sarah has said what I have can work.

• 3laine75
    Options
    Haha there is no wrong Butler!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Ordinarily that wouldn't be a problem, except that I workout at home with only a pair of 20 lb dumbbells as free weights. An alternative would be to drive to my old school where they probably do have free weights in their gym, but I'd prefer not to abandon the equipment in my own home and make a special trip there just for that. Plus, Sarah has said what I have can work.

well listen to Sarah then ...although at some point, I think a gym membership would benefit you ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

really?

Wait....what???? Damn.

Who can blame you?

pa1nfcmpzx47.jpg

come on, he was bulking in that photo..
  • JoRocka
    edited January 2015
    Options
    wait- can we move away from him- let's move on to someone else actually worth drooling over?
    - please

stephen-amell-1_zps9f6bc59a.jpg

and thank you.
  • 3laine75
    Options
    I like the new direction this thread is taking :)g0icz8x9eimm.jpg
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

Okay. I fail to see how that would work but okay. But keep asking questions. The amount of frustration you give to these guys is classic
  • JoRocka
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    I like the new direction this thread is taking :)g0icz8x9eimm.jpg

i know right!!! I'm off to dinner- I'll have more contributions when I get back ;)
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

Okay. I fail to see how that would work but okay. But keep asking questions. The amount of frustration you give to these guys is classic
    Yeah, I can understand ndj's point that down the road access to (heavier) free weights would really be good. Although my upper body lifts have stalled, I can tell I definitely got some newbie strength gains (I think even in real life) from the first several workouts I did with my machine. I would think given my weight and lifting stats there should still be a lot of room for me to get relatively substantially stronger and bigger over time (although I'm not trying to go at warp speed now).
  • JeffseekingV
    edited January 2015
    Options

Listen to the resident troll when it comes to asking senseless questions Jason.

You really do make me laugh sometimes. Reading the amount of useless flames you throw at everyone then trying to label someone as a troll. I think the funniest thing is you claim to be trying to help people. You really end up misunderstanding what people are saying most of the time or take people's comments out of context so you can have some semantic battle. I'm surprised the amount of backpedaling you've done hasn't created a black hole in space. IMHO of course
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

Yeah, I can understand ndj's point that down the road access to (heavier) free weights would really be good. Although my upper body lifts have stalled, I can tell I definitely got some newbie strength gains (I think even in real life) from the first several workouts I did with my machine. I would think given my weight and lifting stats there should still be a lot of room for me to get relatively substantially stronger and bigger over time (although I'm not trying to go at warp speed now).

As long as you understand the situations and the limitations of the equipment you have, then that's fine