THIS...IS...SPARTA!!!!

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Delphino wrote: »
    Let me start by saying this is the first time I have posted to any of these blogs. I read them constantly just never post. Secondly, WOW! There are so many contradictions to the responses, it is overwhelming. Your original question needs some refinement. If you are trying to lose fat and put on muscle that is most definitely possible. If you are just trying to gain overall size (which is contrary to Gerard Butlers physique - even without computer enhancement in 300) then no it isn't going to work. People lose fat and build muscle every day and absolutely no one on here can tell you precisely how to do it. It is quite different for everyone because so many things have a factor in it. How you eat is crucial to what you are trying to accomplish and some on here can do it with a high protein low fat diet, while other can do it with a high fat, moderate protein and next to non-existent carbs. You have to trial and error it and find what works the best for your body. In order to put on muscle while losing fat you have to have a strong strength training program, BUT it has to be accompanied with the correct diet for your body. You may or may not need cardio. Without knowing your stats and your history of gains/losses it is hard to actually make suggestions for you. I would suggest you provide a bit more info. Also you have to have some way to measure your actual body fat to determine where you are losing / gaining. You can't just judge it in a mirror. I know this isn't much help and I would be more than glad to offer suggestions if you will provide more info about your body as it currently is.

no you can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you are an obese beginner..which I do not belive OP is...

• ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    gregbun wrote: »
    gregbun wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    He had some muscles to be defined.
    Otherwise according to your line of logic every holocaust survivor would have been ripped like a fitness model. That's not how it works. You have to have a base on order to have definition and it actually look like something. Just having low body fat isn't the answer.

How does someone weight 150 lbs but looks like they are 180 lbs plus? don't gain weight and train the nervous system in the 3-5 rep range with long rest periods.

That is why i mentioned gymnasts. Plus they don't spend all day in the gym pumping with endless reps plus they can go months without training and still not atrophy.

I don't want to burst your bubble honey but i know what i am talking about. I have to.

People find a way and think its the way. The simplest one is always the best. Gaining weight
    for pure looks is always pointless for most natural guys who only want to look toned like a movie type star.(not bodybuilder etc)
    How exactly does that happen? So they train for strength but gain no weight, how can they look 30 pouns heavier exactly? Break it down for us.

When you start talking about "honey" people take you less serious than they do from the advice you're giving. You also are talking as if you're some big shot but you actually have no clue who any of us are, what we know and what we do for a living.

I could not care less about what other people think. Look at teenage gymnasts. Very low testosterone level and weight barely anything over 110 lbs but have solid definition. This is training the nervous system not the muscles. If you do your research you will see why smaller guys can lift more weight than heavier guys within some cases etc.
    Just curious, what would you consider to be the minimum size that one would need to be to train like you say for no additional weight gain?

You already have someone helping you with your goals. Stop looking to trolls to validate you goals to never bulk. You are unreal. Seriously.
    I was simply curious about his opinion. You shouldn't worry, I know better when it comes to what advice to take. :D

sadly you do not ...
    Well I don't want to rush anyone, but it is true I am waiting for the real advice.

if you do one thing, do exactly what Sarah tells you to do ....if you don't then I don't want to ever hear you on here complaining about bulking, skinny arms, etc.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Also, it's not even possible for me to only train in the 3-5 rep range anyway since I can only change weight in 10 pound increments.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Also, it's not even possible for me to only train in the 3-5 rep range anyway since I can only change weight in 10 pound increments.

wat?
  • ndj1979
    Options

*facepalm*

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    The weight machine I use only has 10 pound increments.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

wat?

I think he's saying if he adds 10lbs (min), he won't be able to get 3-5 reps. Ie... he would need the 2.5lb plates or only uses dumbells that go up in 10lb increments etc.....

That is how I understand it
  • ndj1979
    Options

then you would work out until you hit 6-7 reps and then increase ....

howeve, I would ignore the advice being given by the troll bot.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Please wait, cleaning in progress.

cat+gif.gif
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    We're back now.

29574-Cat-High-Five-gif-uSc2.gif
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This thread has lost so much weight! :open_mouth:
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

I suggest you get off the machines and into the free weight room
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I see that this has been scrubbed...nice!
  • ndj1979
    Options

Lol. Now that guy is PM'img me.

really?

ask him how you can look like gerad butler if you are 5-10 140 pounds, gain no weight, and work out in the 3-5 rep range...
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Lol. Now that guy is PM'img me.

really?

ask him how you can look like gerad butler if you are 5-10 140 pounds, gain no weight, and work out in the 3-5 rep range...

I mean, theoretically you could look like Gerard Butler by doing that if you already WERE Gerard Butler (albeit a skinnier, weaker version of himself)...
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Prior to reading this thread, I would have thought it was impossible to over-think and over-analyze something as simple and basic as weight lifting. Maybe I am just out of touch, but this always worked pretty well for me: Whenever I increased my food intake and regularly lifted heavy weights, I got big muscles. Whenever I cut my food intake and did more reps, those very same muscles got ripped. But from what I can tell by this thread, I must be a fluke.