Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    No-one is suggesting that a can of coke is as healthy as a bowl of raw kale.

Are you sure? It sure seems like some are.

No....what people are saying is having a can of coke with a bowl of stew, that has veggies and proteins in it, is not considered unhealthy as I met all my macs and micros for the day, if I have room I will fit ice cream or a cookie or whatever.

Some are, but some are saying both are equally heatlhy foods becasue they both can be part of an overall healthy diet. They can't seem to separate the terms.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    if you reference a study that you have read then you should be able to readily access it...

Why? If I already know what it says, how does it benefit me to keep it handy at all times?

So what you are saying is you have no intentions of helping others who could possibly want clarity from said study?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    if you reference a study that you have read then you should be able to readily access it...

Why? If I already know what it says, how does it benefit me to keep it handy at all times?

When spouting off on the internet, you have the burden of proof.
    Not the way I see it. What have you proven?

I'm sorry where do you see me siting studies and not providing sources?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

because if you are going to make outrageous claims you should have something to back them up with ..its not my job to prove a negative.

Saying sugar is linked to a higher risk of death by heart disease is not outrageous. Please prove that it is outrageous. Where is your link?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'll just throw this out there, so much blather about what is healthy food and what isn't. Ya'll know what's unhealthy? The massive cortisol releases from all this arguing. Ya'll should just break up.

I do a burpee every time someone says something I think is dumb.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    So if I get 500 to 600 calories from ice cream and cookies to fill in my diet, does that make me less healthy than the person that is getting 75% of their calories from fish, rice, and vegetables?

Yes. Just look at the ingredient list.

Where your nutrients, fat, carbs, etc. are coming from do matter.

oh really??? care to elaborate?

so if my macors are 35p/35c/30 fats and I hit them all with eggs, chicken, rice, bread, etc and then filled in rest of day with ice cream and some cookies, you are saying that is an unhealthy day just because I got 500 - 600 from ice cream and cookies...really?

As I said, look at the ingredients. That is, unless you're going with organic or natural. It's not necessarily the food itself that's the problem. Food colorings and artificial flavors? Preservatives and other chemicals they put in a lot of foods? No thank you.
    Exactly!

• asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

No....what people are saying is having a can of coke with a bowl of stew, that has veggies and proteins in it, is not considered unhealthy as I met all my macs and micros for the day, if I have room I will fit ice cream or a cookie or whatever.

Some are, but some are saying both are equally heatlhy foods becasue they both can be part of an overall healthy diet. They can't seem to separate the terms.

You can't calculate the health of one food over another in a complete diet, You have to look at the diet as a whole not just one particular food item
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'll just throw this out there, so much blather about what is healthy food and what isn't. Ya'll know what's unhealthy? The massive cortisol releases from all this arguing. Ya'll should just break up.

I like you.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

How have you not expired?!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So if I get 500 to 600 calories from ice cream and cookies to fill in my diet, does that make me less healthy than the person that is getting 75% of their calories from fish, rice, and vegetables?

Yes. Just look at the ingredient list.

Where your nutrients, fat, carbs, etc. are coming from do matter.

oh really??? care to elaborate?

so if my macors are 35p/35c/30 fats and I hit them all with eggs, chicken, rice, bread, etc and then filled in rest of day with ice cream and some cookies, you are saying that is an unhealthy day just because I got 500 - 600 from ice cream and cookies...really?

As I said, look at the ingredients. That is, unless you're going with organic or natural. It's not necessarily the food itself that's the problem. Food colorings and artificial flavors? Preservatives and other chemicals they put in a lot of foods? No thank you.

you do realize organic doesn't mean what you think it means.

also preservatives aren't that bad. sometimes they aren't that good- but not for the reasons you think- they aren't inherently bad for you to consume but more so preservatives can they hide when food is ACTUALLY bad- and when you would have naturally thrown it away (starts to smell/grow etc). Then you're keeping something that's harboring festering things that actually ARE bad for you.
  • MoiAussi93
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

So what you are saying is you have no intentions of helping others who could possibly want clarity from said study?
    Not at all. Why don't you be helpful and post your evidence that sugar is healthy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

You tired yet :wink:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Not at all. Why don't you be helpful and post your evidence that sugar is healthy.

If you can find a place where I said that, I would....

I don't think sugar is healthy. I just don't think it's unhealthy. There is a difference and it can only be judged by an entire diet.

• MoiAussi93
    Options

You have not proven anything that you have stated. Ive seen a lot of opinions without anything to "prove" them to be accurate.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    a month of broccoli?

good lord- i would hate to be the plumber for THAT house!!! OIY
    Because it is extremely high calorie, high sugar, and high fat for little volume and not a great deal of nutritional value. To be honest I didn't choose the ice cream metaphor, and don't find ice cream to be nearly as unhealthy as, say, a can of coke, but in comparison to a bunch of kale YES ice cream offers less nutritional value.

so much sadness and wrongess here.

also this: kale vs ice cream?
    seriously?

no questions- the kales' in the trash- it's rubbish awful food. You want to talk about 'unhealthy' anything that tastes that bad before you put int your pie hole should never be considered healthy- much less a "super food"

PS Eff you women's health for making kale a thing.

seriously. die.

I really like kale....*ducks*

That shiz is horrible. Bleh. Sorry :flowerforyou:

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Let's all meet back here in 50 years the ones who are still alive are the wiener and can prove that they are the most healthiest and do a superior dance over the graves of the unhealthy red dye #5 ones eating their kale chips and broccoli yogurt sundaes (is sundae an unhealthy word?) while they laugh smelling of patchouli and sadness for Doritos yearned
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

You have not proven anything that you have stated. Ive seen a lot of opinions without anything to "prove" them to be accurate.
    Since I'm not going to read through 23 pages, why don't you go find me one.
  • MoiAussi93
    Options

If you can find a place where I said that, I would....

I don't think sugar is healthy. I just don't think it's unhealthy. There is a difference and it can only be judged by an entire diet.

Please prove that it can only be judged by an entire diet.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

You can't calculate the health of one food over another in a complete diet, You have to look at the diet as a whole not just one particular food item

See. Here is an example that seems to suggest a can of coke is as healthy as a bowl of raw kale.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Let's all meet back here in 50 years the ones who are still alive are the wiener and can prove that they are the most healthiest and do a superior dance over the graves of the unhealthy red dye #5 ones eating their kale chips and broccoli yogurt sundaes (is sundae an unhealthy word?) while they laugh smelling of patchouli and sadness for Doritos yearned

So we'll turn into weiners if we make it 50 more years
This discussion has been closed.