Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    call it heretical if you will, but figs, olives, caper berries, preserved lemons, and even apricots are welcome on my pizzas.

um....meat?
    I didn't say all at once.

Take a nice sourdough pizza dough, and a lamb tagine that has lemon and honey and either figs or apricots, onto the pizza skin. Add cheese.

BOOM.

So long as there is meat. It should take me approximately 5 hours to get there from this side of the state.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    At not wasting my time providing links to people who have no genuine interest in them? Actually, I'm pretty good at that.

But I do have a genuine interest.
    If you did, you would research the issue yourself. It's really not that hard. You obviously have internet access. If you don't care enough to research it, why should I do it for you?

Then why did you offer. Again, seems disingenuous.

Also...lulz at the google weak google it yourself ploy. You realize that people can see right through that right? Right?
    I think she was calling your bluff. You claimed to have a "genuine interest", but you didn't.

If you were genuinely interested in anything, you would seek out knowledge on the subject and wouldn't even limit yourself to the Internet, much less a discussion board.

If you do not have enough interest to seek out information on your own, there really is no reason someone else to provide you with it.

If you want to learn, go learn. Nobody can stop you.
    Lol. She's telling her to go learn. Priceless.

I was attempting to help her out, but she insists on looking foolish
    I am dead serious on this: If you think it makes you less foolish because you know what certain people on a message board have said they do, think again.

Also quite serious on this: I really don't know what she says she does. I really do not care.

It's all irrelevant. She hadn't the "genuine interest" she claimed to have. She wanted something to be said so that she could make yet another nasty reply. If you think that's Genius At Work, think again.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    I define healthy food as food that fits within my calorie goals, helps me meet my macronutrient goals, and has a noticeable positive effect on my energy, mood, and physical sense of well-being. A LOT of things that most people consider junk fall comfortably within these metrics; on the other hand, focusing on this definition of health ensures that I eat well and support my health while I achieve my weight goals. It's the best of both worlds, because I get to eat what I like for the most part and I feel a lot better than I did a couple of years ago.

This! Thanks so much :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    call it heretical if you will, but figs, olives, caper berries, preserved lemons, and even apricots are welcome on my pizzas.

um....meat?
    I didn't say all at once.

Take a nice sourdough pizza dough, and a lamb tagine that has lemon and honey and either figs or apricots, onto the pizza skin. Add cheese.

BOOM.

So long as there is meat. It should take me approximately 5 hours to get there from this side of the state.

Time the hills right and a little quicker, we're straight rainy right now. :(
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options

You might want to get that checked over by a doctor :3 something wrong with ya!!!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    Wow, are there people who really don't know what a empty calorie is? Soda is a empty calorie, it gives you zero nutrients that your body can use. Depending on what ice-cream you buy, it can have things like protein and calcium (from the dairy). So, some might consider it empty because it's usually seen as a treat, but it's not a completely empty calorie if it has dairy, soy, or something else in it with some nutritional value.

Don't forget genes, they play a pretty big role in how long you live. That is why grandma can smoke till she's 100 but the guy down the street died from lung cancer at 35.

Obviously what is "healthy," is debatable, but if you only ate Doritos for a month you would probably feel a bit *kitten* by the end of the month and might even have a vitamin deficiency or two. If you don't look outside of Western societies where we tend to eat a variety and everything is fortified then it might seem like it doesn't matter. But, take a look at populations with limited food supplies and it matters to them. You really can have a vitamin or nutrient deficiency. There are people in America who die from malnutrition, just not very many. As long as there is some variety in your life then you are probably good, even if that variety is Taco Bell one day and McDonald's the next. There are a lot of studies that show excessive consumption of some things can cause earlier death in some populations. But, of course, genes play a role and the debate of which matters more is still plenty there. Nutrition is a newer science and there are a lot of variables.

Malnutrition Death Rates by Country:

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/malnutrition/by-country/

Ever drank a coke pre or post training? I'm going to assume you haven't.
    What ice cream has no calcium or protein?

You used the example that if we only ate Doritos for a month then we would feel bad and have a deficiency or 2. Now, who eats only Doritos all day every day and nothing else. It's amazing how often you people use extreme examples like this to prove no point. A point you don't have. It's ridiculous. Let's say this, don't you think it would be just as bad if someone at pure broccoli all month, nothing but broccoli. You opened your statement by saying you were surprised at the fact that people don't know what empty calories are but you don't even understand nutrition so should you really be that surprised?

From a nutrient value only, I'd probably be better off eating broccoli than Doritos all month.

Surprisingly, you probably wouldn`t.
    http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2010/06/the-danger-of-plant-foods/

I read that article, and the only thing that the author actually substantiated was that a person ate an absolute ton of Bok Choi and got sick. so N=1 study participant ate an unusually large does of x and subsequently fell ill. Not terribly compelling argument against an entire class of foods. There were no citations for his broad claims about plant toxins and their effect on human health. Might be true, I don't think it is, but without evidence it's a meaningless claim.

(If you were being sarcastic, nm. I can never tell :( )
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    At not wasting my time providing links to people who have no genuine interest in them? Actually, I'm pretty good at that.

If you did, you would research the issue yourself. It's really not that hard. You obviously have internet access. If you don't care enough to research it, why should I do it for you?

Also...lulz at the google weak google it yourself ploy. You realize that people can see right through that right? Right?
    I think she was calling your bluff. You claimed to have a "genuine interest", but you didn't.

If you were genuinely interested in anything, you would seek out knowledge on the subject and wouldn't even limit yourself to the Internet, much less a discussion board.

If you do not have enough interest to seek out information on your own, there really is no reason someone else to provide you with it.

I am dead serious on this: If you think it makes you less foolish because you know what certain people on a message board have said they do, think again.

Also quite serious on this: I really don't know what she says she does. I really do not care.

It's all irrelevant. She hadn't the "genuine interest" she claimed to have. She wanted something to be said so that she could make yet another nasty reply. If you think that's Genius At Work, think again.

Why are you harping on about 'what I say I do'?. And what do you even mean by it?

Also, please do not make assumptions for what I meant...what was the word you used? Oh yes, because when you do you are being ridiculous. I wanted to see the link.
  • dbmata
    Options
    CloudyMao wrote: »

You might want to get that checked over by a doctor :3 something wrong with ya!!!
    I'm on an injection plan to fix it.

I still like that sort of shizz. ;)
  • CloudyMao
    Options

Don't get me wrong I'm down with your olives & even lemons; where is the meat though?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

On what are you basing this prediction about her motives and intentions? It seems to me (and I suspect to others) like you're making an attack on her character.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Oh-Oh even I know who Sarah is. B) Hi Sarah o:)
  • dbmata
    Options

Don't get me wrong I'm down with your olives & even lemons; where is the meat though?
    That was just a list of fruits I'm ok with on a pie.

It ain't pizza if there isn't meat and cheese. Preferably no fewer than three meat types.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Oh yeah. How's that going? Still have an uncontrollable urge to watch Fried Green Tomatoes? (Feel free to answer in a different thread...or not at all.)
  • dbmata
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Oh yeah. How's that going? Still have an uncontrollable urge to watch Fried Green Tomatoes? (Feel free to answer in a different thread...or not at all.)
    or shoot myself.

rollercoaster.
  • CloudyMao
    Options

That was just a list of fruits I'm ok with on a pie.

It ain't pizza if there isn't meat and cheese. Preferably no fewer than three meat types.

3 different kind of meats, 5 different kinds of cheese, some jalapenos...

Right I think my night's sorted.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

or shoot myself.

rollercoaster.

Give it time to get that dialed in. It gets better.
  • dbmata
    Options

or shoot myself.

rollercoaster.

Give it time to get that dialed in. It gets better.

I'm banking on it, things have been really weird.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Oh-Oh even I know who Sarah is. B) Hi Sarah o:)

*waves hi back*
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Thirty pages overnight. Wow, very impressive!

I've managed the first and last 5 but have to get ready for work, so it will have to wait...

I think that a definition of what is 'healthy food' is very much individual and depends on the dose and context. A food high in phenylalanine might be healthy for me because it helps me meet my protein requirements, but not healthy for someone with PKU.

Sometimes a big fat fluffy white bread mock cream dusted with icing sugar and decorated with jam cream bun is healthy for me, because it makes me feel good....which is healthy....even if I don't meet my macro and micro needs that keep me functioning well that particular day, I do most of the time.

I suppose for me, healthy food is what keeps me functioning well, both physically and psychologically. I don't buy into the organic/anti-GMO/clean food/natural/unprocessed food/no white food etc. superiority thing....
This discussion has been closed.