Stomach bloat after eating ANYTHING.

Options
Not sure if this was the right forum or not, but oh well. So my stomach always looks good in the morning. But as soon as I eat something or drink something (no matter what it is) my stomach blows up. I finally took some photos this morning. The first two are before I had my breakfast which was; 2 chocolate crunch rice cakes, 2 tbsp of peanut butter and about a 1/4 cup of Bob's Redmill granola & NOTHING to drink. That's clearly not a lot of food, but the the 3rd and 4th photo clearly show how much my stomach blew up after. Obviously the more I eat, the bigger my stomach gets, then the next morning it starts all over again. help ? /:
BEFORE:
before1_zps759d43fa.jpg
before2_zps6622f75a.jpg
AFTER:
after1_zpsfe9db53c.jpg
after2_zps97326f2f.jpg

Replies

• misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'll be curious what people say, because I feel like I have the same thing happen. I was curious if this would be less of an issue if I strengthened my core with crunches and similar exercise?
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I had the SAME problem a few months ago! It was miserable and didn't matter WHAT or how much I ate, I always looked 5 months pregnant after eating. If it's what I had, it was some kind of bug (or my Dr. said some sort of food poisoning that lingered?) and I started taking probiotics and within two days, my digestion was almost back to normal. I took probiotics for about a month and haven't had the problem since!
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'll be curious what people say, because I feel like I have the same thing happen. I was curious if this would be less of an issue if I strengthened my core with crunches and similar exercise?
    I go to the gym almost every day and have my own ab routine. In my before you could kind of see my abs starting to come in a little, but i guess maybe I just need to keep going until they're strong enough to hold in my bloat ? I hate it though. I feel like if I wanna go to the beach this summer I can't eat beforehand, which isn't good, I hate skipping meals.
  • haaaleyx
    Options
    Ooh, I had the SAME problem a few months ago! It was miserable and didn't matter WHAT or how much I ate, I always looked 5 months pregnant after eating. If it's what I had, it was some kind of bug (or my Dr. said some sort of food poisoning that lingered?) and I started taking probiotics and within two days, my digestion was almost back to normal. I took probiotics for about a month and haven't had the problem since!

Yeah this has been happening for most of my life, maybe I'll try taking some probiotics. I hate pills though, the only pill I can take without feeling like I have to gag is my birth control because they're so tiny, ahaha.
  • ahult87
    ahult87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually have that too; stomach all flat and stuff in the morning and after eating looking all pudgy. Then I did the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and am almost done with her Ripped in 30 video and have noticed a big decrease in stomach bloat, even after eating. I have IBS too so I take probiotics as well which also helps I think
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's a classic food sensitivity / IBS symptom. Only way to stop it is to identify all food triggers. You can try something life FODMAPS, where you eat a very limited number of foods that produce no symptoms, then add other foods back 1 at a time. I've been doing this for a few months. It's a painstaking process. At least now I know there are a few foods I can eat without symptoms. I was becoming afraid of food altogether.
  • misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try probiotics again...it makes sense that they would work (and a whole lot easier than crunches!)
  • babsbod
    babsbod Posts: 29
    Options
    I get that if I eat gluten. Try going gluten free for acouple weeks. I also find if I eat alot of sugar my stomach is sore and hurts throughout the day.
  • haaaleyx
    Options
    ugh I was afraid it'd be an IBS problem or gluten issue. Bleh I'll give both a try though, because I'm so sick of this.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    In for advice - think I'll try probiotics first though, seems like the easiest change to make :smile:
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I would guess that it's some sort of digestion issue. The probiotics are a great suggestion. Trader Joe's sells some chewable digestive enzymes for like $2.99 that might be worth a try too! I would try to up my veggie intake and reduce gluten and sugary foods, which could definitely be contributing to some inflammation.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Same thing happen to me. Thank you for asking
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A second on the gluten...I never knew anyone could eat something without bloating! I feel so much better, can eat without bloat AND can wear a belt!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Try more protein for breakfast and less grain stuff. I have found that really makes a difference for me. Maybe a protein shake with Almond milk.

But just for the record, when I saw your after pictures of what you think is a big belly, I want to SCREAM and rip my hair out!!!!
    I would KILL for my tummy to be that flat again!!!!! :sad:
  • haaaleyx
    Options
    Yeah i'm going to try to limit some of the foods I eat a lot that i saw on the FODMAP list, but definitely going out & buying some probiotics as well. Thanks everyone ! I should of asked this awhile ago but I would always forget to take photos of before, haha.
  • haaaleyx
    Options
    Try more protein for breakfast and less grain stuff. I have found that really makes a difference for me. Maybe a protein shake with Almond milk.

But just for the record, when I saw your after pictures of what you think is a big belly, I want to SCREAM and rip my hair out!!!!
    I would KILL for my tummy to be that flat again!!!!! :sad:

haha believe me it's usually a lot worse than that because I usually eat more than what I ate this morning, but thanks that makes me feel a little better. I've always had a love/hate relationships with my belly more than any other part of my body anyways :p
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Is what you put in your body supposed to magically disappear instantaniously?
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This happens to me too. Funny thing...if I happen to skip a meal it happens too! (which has not been too recently as I'm trying to be healthy)
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I cut out gluten a while ago because I have so many digestive issues. It might be worth it to try cutting it out for a few weeks and see if it helps. I tried not eating ANY gluten or dairy for a few weeks to see if that was the source of the excessive bloating, but it didn't stop. That's when I tried the probiotics. Also, an alternative to swallowing pills-- I like to buy the probiotic capsules so I can open them and pour the contents into my smoothies :) You can also buy yogurts and kefir with probiotics in them. TJ's has a really good probiotic kefir that is yummy :)