Stomach bloat after eating ANYTHING.

Options

Replies

• Tishrei
    Tishrei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    this happens to me too, I assumed it was normal and just looks so bad on me because my abs are weak.
    thanks for asking here, I'm going to try the probiotics.
    it happens to me no matter what I eat. it can be just some watermelon or a handful of almonds and instantly I look 4 mo pg.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Is what you put in your body supposed to magically disappear instantaniously?

No, but I think the point is that it's not supposed to make you bloat or shouldn't with a healthy digestive system.

It's even more noticeable on a very slim frame.

I used to have that problem a lot too but haven't had it in a long time. I think it helps to drink a lot of water.

I never identified any "trigger" foods (used to think it was butter or cream but was never sure).
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Reducing gluten helped a lot, but still get it sometimes. Like another poster said switching to high protein breakfasts also seems to help. I eat almost exclusively eggs now with veggies, or sometimes bacon or sausage (be careful though because most brands have tons of sodium, which also makes you bloat). If I eat anything in the morning like cereal or oatmeal I look preggo all day.
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Is what you put in your body supposed to magically disappear instantaniously?

No, but I think the point is that it's not supposed to make you bloat or shouldn't with a healthy digestive system.

It's even more noticeable on a very slim frame.

I used to have that problem a lot too but haven't had it in a long time. I think it helps to drink a lot of water.

I never identified any "trigger" foods (used to think it was butter or cream but was never sure).

yes, thank you. I know my stomach will expand a little after I eat a meal, but I know that it shouldn't be expanding as much as it does. hahah I'm not one of those girls who are like 'omg I can't eat ANYTHING because my stomach is SO fat'.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    pretty much happens to everybody..this is extremely common...when u get down to seeing your abs this will be a thing of the past!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    In for the advice.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    First off...the flatter your stomach is, the more it will stick out with the more food you eat. But I used to get that bad when I had severe problems with my IBS. It's gotten better now that I found the right blend of probiotics for me, but when I eat all day it still sticks out at night...that's just anatomy lol
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    pretty much happens to everybody..this is extremely common...when u get down to seeing your abs this will be a thing of the past!

No, because I have abs and mine sticks out a little after I've eaten all day lol She shouldn't be bloating that much after a small meal like that. Chances are it's the fiber in the PB and she may have some digestive issues.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    really? i am looking at her pics and she is not bloated
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a food intolerance issue, it's just a matter of figuring out what intolerance you have. Gut instinct (no pun intended haha) is gluten or dairy. What is in the rice cakes? Bob's Red Mill products are usually GF but not all of them are so check that. Cutting out gluten could be a good first step to see if it helps with your bloating though. If I eat gluten/dairy I bloat right up but have a worse reaction than just bloating so I'm familiar with how frustrating it can be.

And to people saying she isn't bloating...yes she is. Her stomach is very puffy in the bottom 2 photos. Even though she is thin her stomach shouldn't poke out that much after eating a simple meal that she suggested.
  • Pippalea74
    Pippalea74 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem, I'm going to try the probiotics
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Do you get any other symptoms ? Pain? cramping? blockage etc?

Everyone jumps to food intolerance but if its just bloating nothing more then that's prob not the case.
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Everyone jumps to food intolerance but if its just bloating nothing more then that's prob not the case.

eh my stomach hurts a lot of times, like a burningish feeling when it gets really bloated & feels like there is air in it. But other than that not really.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

eh my stomach hurts a lot of times, like a burningish feeling when it gets really bloated & feels like there is air in it. But other than that not really.

I would check with your doctor, as like you said its everything you eat no matter what you eat. Could also be stress related. I think usually with food allergy's/ibs you would have other symptoms too not all ways though.

Acid reflux or dyspepsia.
    Does you feel uncomfortably bloated in the upper belly region, particularly after eating? Are you uncomfortably full or nauseous after a normal meal? Do you burp excessively within an hour or so of eating? If you answered yes to any of these questions, your distress may be related to acid reflux or dyspepsia, aka indigestion.

I've found that this type of bloating is especially bad when someone eats a big, raw salad on an empty stomach; there's just something about dumping all that roughage on an acid-prone tummy that seems to churn up unpleasantries. With regard to (non-acid) dyspepsia, smaller, lower-fat meals are generally better tolerated, and a glass of seltzer may work wonders. In fact, despite the common belief that avoiding carbonated beverages will help prevent bloating, the opposite is generally true. Fizzy drinks can induce belching, which helps relieve the pressure from gas buildup in the stomach. Carbonated water has been proven to be more effective than tap water in easing symptoms of indigestion.

edit: found this one the internet
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Try more protein for breakfast and less grain stuff. I have found that really makes a difference for me. Maybe a protein shake with Almond milk.

But just for the record, when I saw your after pictures of what you think is a big belly, I want to SCREAM and rip my hair out!!!!
    I would KILL for my tummy to be that flat again!!!!! :sad:

BUMP! lol no doubt.. i want her bloat!
  • SpazQ
    SpazQ Posts: 104
    Options
    Sorry but this is not normal.

I agree with the probiotics and digestive enzymes but this really could be a food intolerance.

I eat a ton of food at a sitting and never have this issue anymore unless I get glutened. I am celiac, diagnosed 8 years ago.

The only dairy I can tolerate is cottage cheese.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options

I agree with the probiotics and digestive enzymes but this really could be a food intolerance.

I eat a ton of food at a sitting and never have this issue anymore unless I get glutened. I am celiac, diagnosed 8 years ago.

"I eat a ton of food at a sitting and never have this issue anymore unless I get glutened"
    Shes saying it happens no matter what she eats, Not just one type of food or grain or dairy. I bet You have other symptoms other than bloat after you have eaten it too being celiac.

So is having a reaction to everything she eats is she? Gosh you better stop eating then.

try probiotics etc, Something for wind etc if that doesn't work try talking to your doctor and discuss food allergy.
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The last post is a little contradicting. First you dismiss food intolerance, then say she should be tested for a food allergy. Food allergies and food intolerance are different, and testing for allergies won't make a difference. I'm not trying to pick a fight, just someone who resisted the idea of food intolerance and after 44 years found out that the bloat I experienced after eating was not normal. At all. It may not be gluten, or a food intolerance at all. But it should be considered. I experienced bloat after eating anything it seemed, and eliminating gluten changed everything.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

i agree, it's not normal. everyone bloats a little sometimes but that it is excessive bloating. i have the same problem and am at my wits end. i tried many different types of probiotic pills, yogurt, kefir, kimchi, you name it & none of them helped. I just ordered some digestive enzymes & am really hoping they help.

(I had an upper endoscopy years ago to see what is going on, all the doc said was that he saw "generalized inflammation" of my stomach & other tissues with no explanation why. he did not seem to be concerned or want to look further into it, but told me that i have signs of GERD/reflux damage to my esophageal sphincter & throat. he had me take medicine for it but it never really helped matters and certainly didn't help with all the bloating...sigh...)