Gym Attire for Women

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    it's a gymnasium.

a building or room designed and equipped for indoor sports, exercise, or physical education.

attire worn is for agility, close fitted for safety reasons, sweat wicking, etc.

the people there are thoroughly preoccupied with sports, exercise or other physical activity. Sweaty, focused, consumed with ability and performance and getting better and stronger and fighting the demons in their minds.

It's not a party, not a professional workplace environment, not a runway show or a social venue.

I dont care if you can see my panty lines.

If my pantylines distract you, or if my chest-to-calves black and neon spandex is going to distract you, try turning your brain inwards and focusing really hard on the actual task at hand, the stuff gyms were made for.

Best of luck!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't think they realize they are see-through. I see so much in my kickboxing classes. I hate being next to the dude in the loose shorts - ahhhh - I didn't mean to look up right at your balls sorry dude!! Avert the eyes avert the eyes! And yes all those panties showing through.... Just what happens when the fabric stretches. I really should probably be doing some stretching and bending in the mirror - wonder if anyone can see through my pants too? I usually wear boring plain black undies though...
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Panty lines don't bother me but bare naked behinds in front of me in a workout class do.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    it's a gymnasium.

a building or room designed and equipped for indoor sports, exercise, or physical education.

attire worn is for agility, close fitted for safety reasons, sweat wicking, etc.

the people there are thoroughly preoccupied with sports, exercise or other physical activity. Sweaty, focused, consumed with ability and performance and getting better and stronger and fighting the demons in their minds.

It's not a party, not a professional workplace environment, not a runway show or a social venue.

If my pantylines distract you, or if my chest-to-calves black and neon spandex is going to distract you, try turning your brain inwards and focusing really hard on the actual task at hand, the stuff gyms were made for.

Best of luck!

do you wear booty shorts to aid in agility?

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Im not mad about it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    it's a gymnasium.

Best of luck!

I do, how else am I gonna hit squat depth?
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Panty lines don't bother me but bare naked behinds in front of me in a workout class do.

Be in front.

/thread
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    it's a gymnasium.

Best of luck!

I said I wear chest to calves black and neon spandex. It is mentioned just up there.

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have seen the same thing. I make my husband check me out before I go to the gym. I go outside in the sun and do a squat and make sure Im good to go :) Of course the gym lighting might be different, so I hope nobody is seeing my thong!! lol
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Clothing isn't as distracting to me as much as the guys lifting weights and bellowing like a whale. Sometimes I fear they are getting hurt and need help but then it turns out they just like to "exhale" as loud as they can.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    <---- Moves to where OP lives. Joins her gym. Walks in first day full of excitement and....

9Zi8fpL.gif

Dammit!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Clothing isn't as distracting to me as much as the guys lifting weights and bellowing like a whale. Sometimes I fear they are getting hurt and need help but then it turns out they just like to "exhale" as loud as they can.

When you got something on the bar that is heavy you are going to breath and you might exhale very loud. It happens.

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Meh, it's just fabric. Why is the fabric of their undies different than the fabric of their pants? Short, shorts don't bother me either. People are just there doing their thing. Do your thing.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    So much modesty in this thread.
  • Mistapholeezkat
    Mistapholeezkat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Actually really rank B.O. is distracting. I walked into the gym the other day and the entire area smelled like a cross between cat urine and dirty armpit, no where was safe. The smell carried so much you couldn't pin point a direct location, that is, until a certain person left and the smell left too. I am guessing they had no clue they smelled that bad and I am certainly not going to tell them. My husband says I have a very sensitive nose so perhaps no one really noticed it as much as me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    straight puritanical up in here.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This exact situation happened with me the other day. I was at bodypump and the woman in front of me was doing squats and every time you could see her polka dotted underwear. After class I casually went over to her as she was packing up her things and let her know. She was mortified but very appreciative of me letting her know. My guess is they don't know.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    It depends on the exercise. I wear appropriate running shorts and tanks if the weather is warm or if it's in the gym. If I'm at the dance studio, I wear booty shorts and a sports bra-that is not to attract male attention as women are the only people there...but for safety and the ability to STICK to the pole...if you don't have skin exposed, you can't do a lot of the maneuvers you want to...can't grip if clothing is in the way.
    But I know what you are saying-not sure. Maybe they get overheated easily as far as the short shorts...I know that a lot of the machines at my gym don't have a fan on them and the ventilation in there is not the best so I get really overheated :(
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I work really GD hard. One of the perks of that hard work is wearing booty shorts/leggings, with no shame.

So here's my thought process: "These leggings are clean. My butt looks awesome." That's pretty much the end of that.