Gym Attire for Women

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Is a singlet ok for guys? That do it for anyone? lol.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Is a singlet ok for guys? That do it for anyone? lol.

What color is the singlet?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I'm shoppin'
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I'm shoppin'

Well make sure you get a good color. I'm thinking something sparkly. But a fluorescent may work as well.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I'm shoppin'

neon- tassels or as stated- sparkly are all acceptable.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I used to workout at NY Sports Club in NYC (Grand Central Station). I never had so much T&A in my face than in that lockerroom in the morning. Like nakedness just inches from my face at every turn. It was too close for comfort! I switched to working out at the local branch at night. Not just because of T&A in my grill but because it was hard to get an open cardio machine or strength machine on a consistent basis. I hate spending half my allotted workout time waiting for a machine...
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    current profile pic is about as tight as it gets. Odd, I thought my shirt fit tighter than that
    de768f9e118f3c424753234f533f630a62b5.jpg
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Icky men at the gym are the reason I work out at home.

(I know, I know... there are nice, decent men there, too. But there are enough creepy ones that I don't like it.)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't think everyone knows. The thing is, if they are poor quality or you are too big for them, you might see through them when you're squatting or bending over. But people don't usually squat to check out their butt in the mirror. After seeing this-I now do.
  • SunshineGoodVibes
    Options
    They have it so they work it.

tumblr_mgpfzsBrIs1ql928yo1_500.gif
  • SunshineGoodVibes
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Clothing isn't as distracting to me as much as the guys lifting weights and bellowing like a whale. Sometimes I fear they are getting hurt and need help but then it turns out they just like to "exhale" as loud as they can.

You must not ever have tested a max lift before.

Jeez, I'm glad I work out at home.

I pushed an 8lb baby out a small hole and didn't make that noise

Preach girl!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Lululemon's that I didn't realize were see through for quite some time. The material in the front is more opaque than in the back. I was horrified when I finally noticed. A bunch of their pants were made with this translucent-when-stretched material in 2013.

I think this company was uh, intentionally selling these. I think the outcry was to stop it. hopefully they are off the market.

AND why does the gym tolerate this attire? IMHO i'd look for a more modest facility. I mean, to each his own, but I dont want to see it. Sounds like a meat market.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I have a pair of Lululemon's that I didn't realize were see through for quite some time. The material in the front is more opaque than in the back. I was horrified when I finally noticed. A bunch of their pants were made with this translucent-when-stretched material in 2013.

I think this company was uh, intentionally selling these. I think the outcry was to stop it. hopefully they are off the market.

AND why does the gym tolerate this attire? IMHO i'd look for a more modest facility. I mean, to each his own, but I dont want to see it. Sounds like a meat market.

The gym is there to provide equipment to you- equipment and facility.

not regulate people's clothing- if you want that- go to planet fitness.
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Julibug86 wrote: »
    Honestly, I wear leggings to work (under dresses and skirts) so sometimes I am lazy and find it easier to not change out of them. I'm married and not super fit, but I just don't care if you can see my underwear. I also wear old tshirts on top, so I'm clearly not a picture of gym fashion.
    This is exactly how I feel. I just want to be comfortable and I care not if anyone sees my underwear. It is just underwear. I'm married and I'm not trying to pull in a man, but I've worn some slightly see through pants a few times and really not worried about it that much.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I don't think people realize it. There have been several times at my water exercise class where people didn't know that their swimsuit had become almost see-through because of the chlorine. It usually happens in the back and we got interesting views of someone's backside when they got out of the pool (we also got some interesting views with men who lost all elasticity in the linings of their suits, allowing everything to hang out). Generally someone mentioned it to them quietly in the locker room and the next class they came with a new suit.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I'm confused. What is a modest gym? You can see through some of the girls pants at my gym, but very religious/modest women go there as well who are dressed in long sleeves, loose pants, and a skirt.

Anyway, I see crack but not consistently enough to be bothered.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I find that being a plus size, unless I'm spending an inordinate amount of money on gym wear, nearly every pair of fitted capris i get are see-through. I've even tried putting on pairs that are 2-3 sizes larger to see if it's just me being optimistic about my sizing, but they're all the same.

My bet is totally on the quality of the material they use in cheap sportwear. Or in the case of the lululemon thing, shock value and publicity maybe?
  • susanyounkin
    susanyounkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I workout at home. I wear a bra top and shorty shorts cause I sweat like a man and would rather drip it on the floor than wear a wet shirt. Blah!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    The gym I got to is pretty mature. There are several women who lift. Almost all of them dress in a way as to not draw attention to themselves. They are also the ones who are beasts and can out lift a fair measure of the men, myself included. However, there are a couple who wear tight revealing clothes. They seem to prance and sit around a lot. I am old and fat and totally out of the game. I succeed about 97.6% of the time to ignore them and do my thing, sometimes I cant. in the end, they pay their dues just like I do, it's my job to take care of me.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    IMO, honestly, I am working out for myself and I need to be in clothes that make me feel comfortable. So, I don't know if they do it for attention BUT I would not do it at all, at any size.