Comments in the staff room......

Options

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I would say that they were probably thinking how good it looked or they wouldn't have commented. I have seen "beautiful salads" and marveled at them! LOL keep up the good work!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Holy moly, I didn't realize people read into comments on their food so much. If I tell someone their salad looks tasty it is because it does and and I'll probably have a salad with my dinner later that day.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

this makes me worry about being supportive to my friends who are now dieting. They may think that my support means I hate them and laugh at them.

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like they were making fun if you ask me. I've had people say more openly mocking things about what I decide to eat, but I just think to myself, at least I'm healthy and happy. My friends often joke about my food as well, but clearly that's just what friends do anyway! Don't let it get to you.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Show them what?

Not a single person said anything horrible - that was all in your head.

I suspect most of them meant what they said and thought nothing more about it - most people don't give others much thought tbh.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I wish people could just not make situations awkward by making silly comments. It's lunch. Time to eat. You are eating. No comments needed thanks!
    If you seriously consider complimenting someone's salad to be "making a situation awkward" I'd say the problem is yours. ETA: If you don't want people talking while you eat your best bet is to eat alone.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    tipadoo wrote: »
    I hate it when people comment on my food - annoys me. Keep your nose out of my lunch!

OMG ME TOO. Drives me crazy. Or they ask you what's for lunch. I want to say "human remains" sometime just so they stop asking. Not sure why it bothers me so much, they are just making conversation. I don't like it when the cashier at the grocery store comments on my food either. I guess I'm just grumpy. lol

This bothers me, too! Some cashiers are much chattier than others and I get that it helps pass their time quicker, but for some odd reason I hate when they examine something I'm buying and ask, "Is this good?". I WANT to say, "No, that's why I'm buying it." But, that would make me sound bitchy, so I just smile and nod.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, I just say "Yeah, it goes good with the pizza I'm getting." Then you see the dumbfounded look. Priceless.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

A good serving of salad and a slice or two of pizza is a much better choice than people who do order or bring a salad and then drown it in fat-laden bottled dressing! Gag.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, salad. Am I the only one that genuinely loves salads?
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I hate it when people comment on my food - annoys me. Keep your nose out of my lunch!

OMG ME TOO. Drives me crazy. Or they ask you what's for lunch. I want to say "human remains" sometime just so they stop asking. Not sure why it bothers me so much, they are just making conversation. I don't like it when the cashier at the grocery store comments on my food either. I guess I'm just grumpy. lol

This bothers me, too! Some cashiers are much chattier than others and I get that it helps pass their time quicker, but for some odd reason I hate when they examine something I'm buying and ask, "Is this good?". I WANT to say, "No, that's why I'm buying it." But, that would make me sound bitchy, so I just smile and nod.

it might be cultural or regional. I live in the south and I chat it up frequently with the cashiers. they will comment on what I'm buying, ask me if it tastes good, (to which I either say yes or, this is my first time to try it, i'll let you know) I love it. I think it's nice - instead of having a b*tchy cashier who will not even smile or say thank you.

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Half the time they ask me if something is good and its the thing in my cart I've never tried but want to. But there are times I just want to see the look on their face and say "no, it tastes like the inside of an @$$hole, but I buy it because I have a coupon". But I'm not that mean.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

it might be cultural or regional. I live in the south and I chat it up frequently with the cashiers. they will comment on what I'm buying, ask me if it tastes good, (to which I either say yes or, this is my first time to try it, i'll let you know) I love it. I think it's nice - instead of having a b*tchy cashier who will not even smile or say thank you.

Yep - plus they're sat there scanning food for hours a day - maybe they're bored and chatting helps pass the time.

Heaven forbid a friendly cashier. :noway:
  • robinrmcfal
    robinrmcfal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wish people could just not make situations awkward by making silly comments. It's lunch. Time to eat. You are eating. No comments needed thanks!
    If you seriously consider complimenting someone's salad to be "making a situation awkward" I'd say the problem is yours. ETA: If you don't want people talking while you eat your best bet is to eat alone.

You are right. I don't understand the need for idle chit chat. Hate it actually. The problem is mine. Some people are more introverted than others and when other people need to comment on every single move we make it makes us feel awkward.
  • BZAH10
    Options

True. I agree. It's something I need to work on. I'm just not a chit-chatter, but I do appreciate the people who are. I need to be more open minded on that topic.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

You are right. I don't understand the need for idle chit chat. Hate it actually. The problem is mine. Some people are more introverted than others and when other people need to comment on every single move we make it makes us feel awkward.

Introversion doesn't mean what you think it means. Please stop making introverts sound bad.

You are shy and reclusive. That's ok, that's who you are. It has nothing to do with being introverted.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I find a do better in life when I stop looking for hidden evil messages and things to be offended by and just let a compliment be a compliment. Enjoy your salad!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    none of them thought that.

why do people who start changing their life for the better so often assume that the people around them are so shallow and blackhearted by default.

^So much this.

If you are making a pretty salad and I comment on it, it's probably because it's a pretty salad that looks good.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Now I'm kind of regretting telling a co-worker that her lunch smelled amazing earlier. :\

MEANIE!!!
  • robinrmcfal
    robinrmcfal Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

Introversion doesn't mean what you think it means. Please stop making introverts sound bad.

You are shy and reclusive. That's ok, that's who you are. It has nothing to do with being introverted.

I am those things too! :)
  • BZAH10
    Options

Half the time they ask me if something is good and its the thing in my cart I've never tried but want to. But there are times I just want to see the look on their face and say "no, it tastes like the inside of an @$$hole, but I buy it because I have a coupon". But I'm not that mean.

Hahahaha - oh, I am so the same way. But, as I just said in a previous post, I realize this is MY issue and I need to work on it. I've had my bad days and sometimes cashiers can get way too nosy, in which case if they ask me something about a purchase I just say I'm shopping for someone else.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Now I'm kind of regretting telling a co-worker that her lunch smelled amazing earlier. :\

You should! What a horrible thing to say. You'll very likely smoke a turd in hell for that.