What body shape do I have?

Options

Replies

362233 Posts: 48
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Since your bust and shoulders are both larger than your hips, that leans towards inverted triangle. But, since you have a larger than 10 inch difference between waist and hips, that suggests hourglass. Banana shape would have a less than 10 inch difference. So, I'd say you are an hourglass-inverted triangle hybrid.

I wonder about mine, too. I have a 32" bust, but 38" shoulder, 25waist, 35hip. Its confusing, we are all shaped differently. Enjoy your uniqueness:)

My shoulders are actually about the same size as my hips just an inch bigger. My bust tends toake it look even bigger.

I kind of felt more banana because of like when I wear clothing. But thank you for your input.
    Options
    wow sexy shape :wink:

Thanks
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Why does it matter what it's called - you have curves - you look good and healthy - good for you

(I'd say hourglass tbh)
    It really doesn't I was just curious only time it matters is what I wear.
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've heard of pear and apple, but what the heck is a banana shape??
    Banana is when your shoulders/bust and waistline and hips are about the same measurements. It's basically a less pronounced houglass.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hourglass.

I'm not sure why banana or apple shapes are even on your radar as possibilities when you have a low waist-to-hip ratio (i.e. a very defined waist) and strong curves.
    Options
    bunnypy wrote: »
    At th moment u seem to have a banana shape, if u really like having th hourglass figure u can always gain a bit to a size 30 to 32 jean, maybe the hourglass shape will show
    My size is a bit below 28. But when I gain weight it tends to be a a 30 and my heaviest slightly more. But my hips start at the top.
    Here's an example.

10708487_1491932261073162_811013798347185136_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
    Options
    362233 wrote: »
    Also I forgot to mention when I gain weight in my hips mainly. Well really in my lower tummy? Which is why I think I have highish hips. I gain in the thighs too. My boobs stay around a b-c cup to an F cup depending on my weight. Waistline stays the same size usually and so do my arms my butt also is one of the places I experience significant weight gain.

My bad
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Hourglass.

I'm not sure why banana or apple shapes are even on your radar as possibilities when you have a low waist-to-hip ratio (i.e. a very defined waist) and strong curves.

Definitely not Apple my whr is around .69 or 7. like I said in clothing most thing lie lose on me and baggy so to me this is a banana symptom but maybe neat hourglass was a better example.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My theory is that the whole banana, pear, apple, etc. crap doesn't exist. My measurements indicate I'm a pear shape but pears are also supposed to gain in their butts, hips and thighs more easily. I don't I gain on my tummy and arms most. So it's a lot of quack.

I don't see why your bone structure and typical weight gain patterns would have much to do with each other.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Also I forgot to mention when I gain weight in my hips mainly. Well really in my lower tummy? Which is why I think I have highish hips. I gain in the thighs too. My boobs stay around a b-c cup depending on my weight. Waistline stays the same size usually and so do my arms my butt also is one of the places I experience significant weight gain.

Same here. I'm also short (5 foot) and have a more *hourglass* shape.

I would say hourglass (honestly never heard of someone referring to body shape as a banana hah). But I think you look perfect! Gaining a little would look good too, but either way, your beautiful!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You look great. sexy shape indeed.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Banana is when your shoulders/bust and waistline and hips are about the same measurements. It's basically a less pronounced houglass.

That makes no sense.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Although I wouldn't think finding clothing would be that hard? They make a lot of curve-friendly clothing now...depending on where you shop.

I used to have such a hard time with jeans. It would fit my thighs and booty, but then be super loose at the waist. There are a few brands that almost ALWAYS fit me, and I tend to stick with them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Are women's clothes labeled as "banana", "apple", "hourglass" etc.? Your shape is an hourglass. If clothes aren't fitting you correctly, they you may have to get altering done. I get my shirts altered (dress shirts) all the time because the waist is way too wide.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

That makes no sense.
    I'm sorry what doesn't make sense?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

That makes no sense.
    I'm sorry what doesn't make sense?

What bananas are have less girth in the middle than the bottom and top? I have never seeing such a thing and I love bananas.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Hourglass. Your numbers are bigger on top because you've got a fuller bust. Simple as that. I'm the same (bigger overall numbers, but I'm a bigger person, lol). Outfits belted at the waist are our friend. (Note to self--I should take my own advice and dress in a more flattering way and show off my new tiny waist--I'm a former "fat" girl finding her way).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and have no idea what shape I am. breast - waist - hips = 34/25.5/33. The only thing is I have a runners butt and thighs... URGGG.
    -
    I have to be happy with what I have or I would go nuts.. I have a 20" thigh and that is huge for my small frame!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

That makes no sense.

Agreed. A banana is the same size all the way down so it is not hourglass shaped. If your waist an hips and shoulders and bust are the same measurements, you are not at all hourglass shaped. I don't understand how anybody with a 22" waist and 30"+ bust/hips would think they are banana shaped. Makes No Sense.