What body shape do I have?

Options

Replies

362233 Posts: 48
    Options
    I gain in my lowest tummy kind of like bananas do as well.
    Options
    tumblr_lnmar2abs61qeofuio1_500.gif

Oh sorry
    Options
    Why is this in my quotes.
    Options
    You look great. sexy shape indeed.

Thanks
  • ellisboyd1
    ellisboyd1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd say inverted triangle.

My wife is also inverted triangle. If you want to increase the waist-hip ratio, corset training is great so long as you don't go extreme and damage internal organs. my wife does corset training.

weight gain is natural & easy, but you can't control exactly where the weight will go on.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely not trying to be a jerk but, why do you care?

What is knowing your "shape" according to an arbitrary, FRUIT-BASED description going to help with? What are you trying to achieve with this knowledge? This whole thread is super odd and confusing to me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    362233 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Are women's clothes labeled as "banana", "apple", "hourglass" etc.? Your shape is an hourglass. If clothes aren't fitting you correctly, they you may have to get altering done. I get my shirts altered (dress shirts) all the time because the waist is way too wide.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I totally have a problem with this. Every shirt I wear fits me well in the bust but not in the waist. I'm short so it goes pass the top of my hips and it looks like my stomach is bigger with tiny legs it's annoying.

How do you get them altered?
    The cleaners where my DW takes her clothes just measures my waist and then tapers the shirts down from the top.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Options
    ellisboyd1 wrote: »
    I'd say inverted triangle.

My wife is also inverted triangle. If you want to increase the waist-hip ratio, corset training is great so long as you don't go extreme and damage internal organs. my wife does corset training.

weight gain is natural & easy, but you can't control exactly where the weight will go on.

My weight tends to go to my hips. But mainly my top hips. I don't think I can get much lower waist size since it's 22" currently.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Top-heavy hourglass. Inverted triangle shapes don't have the waist/hip ratio you do. I don't know why you're asking, but if it is because you wonder about what clothing would flatter, go with the suggestions made for hourglass figures.

Definitely not a banana figure, aka rectangle. That is where the waist is not much smaller than the hip/bust measurement.

And pear shapes have small busts.

Hourglass figures tend to gain weight all over, perhaps more on the lower half than the top, but not as much as pear shapes tend to do.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You're a classic "8" or "violin" shape, but thin. Main characteristics: high hips, and tends to gain fat around lower belly. Basically, a violin is an hourglass with high hips.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Do women really spend this much fekking time trying to figure out their body shape?
    edited January 2015
    Options
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You're a classic "8" or "violin" shape, but thin. Main characteristics: high hips, and tends to gain fat around lower belly. Basically, a violin is an hourglass with high hips.
    Yeah my biggest trouble spot is my lower tummy.
    I totally agree.
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    Top-heavy hourglass. Inverted triangle shapes don't have the waist/hip ratio you do. I don't know why you're asking, but if it is because you wonder about what clothing would flatter, go with the suggestions made for hourglass figures.

Definitely not a banana figure, aka rectangle. That is where the waist is not much smaller than the hip/bust measurement.

And pear shapes have small busts.

Hourglass figures tend to gain weight all over, perhaps more on the lower half than the top, but not as much as pear shapes tend to do.

I sometimes how bananas dress and hourglasses dress it seems one in the same. That's why I had a hard time telling the difference but you make a good point being my waist is defined thank you.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You're really tiny. Really, a 22 inch waist?

Yes, you're a top-heavy hourglass. An hourglass is a waist around 10 inches smaller than your hips. That's what I have, but slightly different totals. ;-) I love my hips - I look dynamite when I Salsa.
    Options
    You're really tiny. Really, a 22 inch waist?

Yes, you're a top-heavy hourglass. An hourglass is a waist around 10 inches smaller than your hips. That's what I have, but slightly different totals. ;-) I love my hips - I look dynamite when I Salsa.

I think I don't feel so endowed in my hip region simply because they're high plus I'm african American so I'm smaller than most women.
    Options
    362233 wrote: »
    Are women's clothes labeled as "banana", "apple", "hourglass" etc.? Your shape is an hourglass. If clothes aren't fitting you correctly, they you may have to get altering done. I get my shirts altered (dress shirts) all the time because the waist is way too wide.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I totally have a problem with this. Every shirt I wear fits me well in the bust but not in the waist. I'm short so it goes pass the top of my hips and it looks like my stomach is bigger with tiny legs it's annoying.

How do you get them altered?
    The cleaners where my DW takes her clothes just measures my waist and then tapers the shirts down from the top.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Oh ok that's great.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Whatever shape you have, I want it. Seriously, those are pretty much my dream measurements.
    Options
    Whatever shape you have, I want it. Seriously, those are pretty much my dream measurements.
    Thank you :).